• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

Southend’s 1st Goal

Southend’s 2nd Goal

Gas 2nd Goal

Gas 3rd Goal

Gas 4th Goal

As if we needed further confirmation what a disgusting group of players this isn’t. I wouldn’t open my curtains to watch them play in my garden

I have just had enough of this - fu**ring pay them all off - play the U23s till January - it is embarrassing being a Southend supporter, going into work every Monday and having the p*as taken out of you - every f*cling game 4 goals conceded, how can any of them consider themselves pro footballers and who is going to sign them!! Just so P*used off!

If we’d started the post match thread at half time I wonder what would’ve been the reaction....

Same players......

Just saying

I’m drinking with Bristol Rovers fans as we speak and they thought they were done at 0-2, game over. They are over the moon. I really don’t know what else Sol can do...he set the team up right .. he was massively unlucky Hopper had to come off .. we should’ve won that game. Once it was 1-2 sadly, Rovers players increased in confidence and our players visibly lost it.

Just looking at the goals again.

The 4 dog who scored the second goal, was goal side throughout that move.

The 3rd I would have liked more defenders to try and charge the shot down.

The 4th proves the lack of aerial dominance and organisation at the back.

Things to work on, for definite, but nothing new this season.

We struggled to deal with their more direct approach and caved like a side who defend with little confidence.

However, for the first half we were way better than them. Pressed and controlled the game.

Just need to shut out the threat at our end and as Glenn Pennyfather was saying, learn to game manage.

Good performance in the first half forced Rovers to adopt basic route one tactics. The loss of Hopper (let's hope his injury isn't too serious) removed our attacking threat and the one player who could hold the ball up. Our defence seemed clueless under heavy artillery fire from Rovers, each incoming caused chaos. There was luck involved in a couple of their goals but our defence should have done much better. We clearly need to score five goals each game to feel safe.

Back