• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

I reckon AB will turn out to be a much better manager than Sol (hopefully for us).

I was actually pro AB during the managerial appointment debacle, although seeing how much both Waddock and Sol have struggled to get any sort of bounce I would actually have to say I feel relieved he didn't get the job at this moment in time.

I'm with you in wishing he comes back to be a successful manager with us at some point though, hopefully in better circumstances.

Yes this is correct. Unfortunately Tangled Ron didn't have use of your crystal ball, otherwise he would have known Harris would walk and got a move on with AB.

I don't no but i'm guessing there's more than a good chance AB didn't even know Millwall would suddenly block the talks. Otherwise he may well be our manger.......Not that it would be the right time. That will be sometime in the future.
It could very well be before this season is finished!

It could very well be before this season is finished!

I really hope not for all sorts of reasons.

What hasn't helped Sol is the fact he cant change much before the rot has set in with players and fans. He won't get cut any slack in January and neither will any players coming in.......As we are already seeing with "It should have been AB" type posts.

Which has zero effect on a managers ability.......Yet another total football myth.

Indeed, there are many Sunderland supporters who are calling for Kevin Phillips to replace Parkinson based solely on the fact he is one of our finest players of the last sixty years.
Anyway I think (providing he stays) Sol Campbell will turn out to have been a brilliant appointment. He just needs a nearly fully fit squad and two or three signings next month and the picture will look a lot brighter.

I really hope not for all sorts of reasons.

What hasn't helped Sol is the fact he cant change much before the rot has set in with players and fans. He won't get cut any slack in January and neither will any players coming in.......As we are already seeing with "It should have been AB" type posts.

But he can change his attitude to them Rigsby

I hope at some point people will stop asking why we didn't get AB. Milwall didn't to let go and that's it.
Your memory’s playing tricks on you mate.Despite a lot of pressure from a number of misguided sources,Ron clearly didn’t want Barrett.He wanted Larrssen and co.—great shame that fell through at the last minute.

Back