• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

The read it again. It wasn’t aimed at you for ****s sake it was aimed at football opinions in general and actually in many ways the British mentality.

Stop taking things so personally

I’ve just read several posts on this and the in game thread that were more sarcastic and some that were more insulting to others (inc players)

All went unnoticed and without comment.

Oh do me a favour

Some of the shot comments on here that go unnoticed.....and you pull that up? Come on

It wasn’t sarcastic at all. They were statements. If people can’t read that without getting the ump there’s bigger problems than I thought
And you are one of the most abrasive and unpleasant posters on this forum. You appear to delight in trying to needle people to the point that anything useful you might have to say is lost.

You really do make this forum a worse place to be with your constant passive-aggressive digs at everyone else.

People comment on your posts because you do it over and over again. You never stop.

I am not going to get into an argument with you as you have had untold amounts of PM's with my co-owner who has tried to warn you before and it is pointless.

I will however say (in my best sacastic tone) I won't put up with it..You see over there under my name it says CEO, well thats me.

That is it..last warning.

Here we go again. Someone doesn’t like my post so I get a problem yet we read hundreds of more offensive and more sarcastic every bloody day.

There shouldn’t be an issue. It was quite a sensible post and highlighted many a problem with football fans in general. Wasn’t personal wasn’t insulting and wasn’t aimed at anyone or anything

I am not going to get into an argument with you as you have had untold amounts of PM's with my co-owner who has tried to warn you before, it is pointless and we have let you get away with it Grapevine.

I will however say (in my best sacastic tone) I won't put up with it..You see over there under my name it says CEO, well thats me.

That is it..last warning.

Grapevine?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lorry has just turned up at Roots Hall full of wood from Travis Perkins (other retailers available on discount prices)……..seems the coffin will be started on the 16th after the nails are delivered on the 14th...…...could be ready by the end of January

as I have said before 70% or even 80% of this SOS must be gone by the end of January if the coffin is to be avoided

And you are one of the most abrasive and unpleasant posters on this forum. You appear to delight in trying to needle people to the point that anything useful you might have to say is lost.

You really do make this forum a worse place to be with your constant passive-aggressive digs at everyone else.

People comment on your posts because you do it over and over again. You never stop.

Don’t read it then.

Passive aggressive ???

I just post what I think and it’s always aimed at making sense

Not that he would ever say it, but I reckon Campbell thinks this is a far more impossible challenge than the one he had at Macclesfield.

I think my herd of cows could put more effort in chasing a football around a field than this shower of con men. They are just a total f-cking waste of time and in NO way should they be referred to as professionals !

Two players in the back 4 playing out of position not what u need when you're bottom of the league.

I always liked ‘Viney.

Shame it went the way it went.

His new persona isn’t as good, unfortunately

I didn't even know Grapevine had gone, hence my surprise at it turning out to be someone else.

Never have a problem with either of them, in truth.

Opinionated, yep, but it takes all sorts.

The negativity. Now that does grate.

You miss my point completely. But then I’m not surprised.

My point was in the main for too many clueless idiots (in football in general not just here) that judge by the minute. Good now rubbish later. We win we all payed well we lose we all played ****. No concept whatsoever on some of the finer details or the possible reasons.

The same set of players played both halves. They can’t....simply can’t....have been world beaters for 45 and criminally bad for 45 without any other influence.

Maybe some objectivity when things are going well and some clarity when they aren’t and a more objective judgement on people, players, games, performances and results may help?

Maybe the reason for the two chalk and cheese performance levels was more to do with how BC conducted themselves? Maybe our players were perfectly capable of dealing with a side that was off the ball off the pace and generally a little complacent....maybe the same set of players weren’t so adept at competing with a team that changed tactics went route one and upped their levels of desire?

Just a thought eh?

Read my posts again. More often than not it’s in support of offering a more objective opinion rather than the rash scoreline based irrational subjective comments regarding players and teams and some of the personal abuse chucked about.
Tombstone you sound nearly as popular as Milligan at the moment ? In your post you said that the chalk and cheese performance levels was more to do with how Bristol conducted themselves, well Paul Clark said exactly the same thing on the radio and he knows a bit about football

That was exactly it @Steve Giles

Bristol changed it up at half-time. Any manager worth his sort will look at our GA column and think that pressing our back-line will cause problems. They went direct and we reacted defensively like a side who doesn't deal with pressure well at the back. The number of goals we concede from inside the penalty area is criminal.

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell was left fuming following the Shrimpers’ 4-2 defeat at Bristol Rovers.

More...

Back