• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

I didn't even know Grapevine had gone, hence my surprise at it turning out to be someone else.

Never have a problem with either of them, in truth.

Opinionated, yep, but it takes all sorts.

The negativity. Now that does grate.
The thing is Andy, you are going to get negativity, by the bucket-load. I've said it before, I think overall our fans have been more than fair and balanced in the last couple of seasons, but everybody has their breaking point.
I would far rather people vented their anger on a forum than just disappear (both from the forum and from Roots Hall).
The negativity and anger is because we are still fans and we care about our club.
I guarantee that if 90% of other clubs had a record like ours, then their forums would need a whole team of moderators.
If people can find something positive to take out of this season, then good luck to them, but as I said on another thread,
Seven 4's, five 3's and one 7 in a mere 20 league games; the players deserve every slating they get on here.

Accepted @Stuart W , but there was plenty of it around when we were half decent at this level.

I think it's fair to criticise, of course, but there's often a broad brush applied to situations that aren't as bad as they seemed. Present situation accepted.

We could have the est manager n the world it would make no difference, these shower off ****e calling themselves professional footballers still couldnt react to the coaching.Sol get rid off ASAP ,bring in some new fresh faces.Retain a few off the younger players plus Hopper,Humphreys,,The whole of the defence get rid off mabe retain Dieng.as for the midfield retain hutchinson.I am tired off waking u reading such abysmal threads on our performances .

What strikes me about Rovers goals two, three and four is they are all, not just a bit, but eminently preventable.
I could go on and on about Kiernan and Milligan, but have done it already.
But as someone else remarked, why the dickens (and I cleaned that up!) is Taylor turning away from the header for the fourth?
I've gone over this in my head, and can only conclude his ushering the ball into the path of Clarke-Harris for 2-2 may have unduly influenced him.
All the same, it was piddle poor even from a junior.
That bit where Sol said: 'they do what they want'. Wow!
I'm hanging on that message from Stan C who reckons things will eventually change. But not this season, eh, Stan?

Just play the U23s. Stick the rest of gardening leave until January. They seem to want to unsettle SC and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Just play the U23s. Stick the rest of gardening leave until January. They seem to want to unsettle SC and it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Can't agree with that. Otherwise they wouldn't put any effort in at all.

I think the side genuinely aren't good enough defensively when put under pressure.

Someone has to stand up and take control of the back-line and from within our squad, no-one seems to fit that bill.

Thought they were great in the first half....something to build on.
Be nice to have a keeper though that could win you a game rather than diving...or not diving as the case may be, 2 seconds after the ball is in the net!

After all the frustration and bickering on here it's nice to get back to a bit of football comment
Did the substitutions change the game that much? Id like to hear from people who were there or watched it or heard it
Were the substitutions a necessity apart from hoppers?
What did we do different in the first half that made us lots better this week? (And can it be replicated?

Last edited:
I'm convinced sol is the right man for the job.

He is worth 50 odd million and comes to out club to manage and really wants to succeed.

But these so called players just aren't good enough for this football club or the way the sol wants to play. Im pretty sure a good few will go in January and then even more for our inevitable fall into league 2.

Sol has knowledge of winning games at the level with a far lower budget than he will get with us.

Its difficult to see any positive at this time but I think we will be in safe hands under sol.

January can't come quick enough. Feel like setting fire to my season card.

Back