• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Bristol Rovers 4-2 Southend United

Not sure that's a penalty.

Elvis does need to get goal-side of his man, more, though.

The penalty was really harsh as Elvis won the ball and the fella cheekly got in the way and made the most of it, 2nd goal Taylor has got to learn you can’t always take two touches iin your own box, one touch and that’s up to the half way line, if in doubt get it out, third goal gotta give that to them and the fourth nobody reacted quick enough to win the header.

For the second, it's harsh on Taylor. I wouldn't blame him. At least he attacked the ball and had little choice with it going in that direction.

The real issue is neither Elvis nor Kiernan track the scorer at all and don't sense the danger. A problem all season with not picking runners up as they drift/sprint into the penalty box.

Talking of penalties, if their one was, I thought Hopper's was in the first half.

Harsh penalty decision I think but that's the way it goes when you are struggling. Listening on the the radio, and despite our good first half performance, just knew once the pen went in that we wouldn't hold onto our lead.

All 4 goals came from long deliveries into the box. Quite clearly a decent pair of CBs could have dealt with the first ball.

Thats why we lost yesterday. It really is far more simplistic than most of you think. Kiernan doesn't want to be here, doesn''t talk and never wants to head a ball. Dieng is only being played there because of injuries, the Lennon fiasco and he doesn't fancy it in the middle of the park when its needed. The only problem is he doesn't fancy it at CB.

No wonder Sol and Herman are frustrated, I've played Sunday football with CB's who could have done better with those first balls.

One more thing obviously Oxley should be back in goal. As their keeper proved with his kick that won the penalty. Its an option for us to use with Hopper and a repairing Hump. Oxley has great distance even off the deck and shot stopping always trumps 'commanding' your area.

The penalty was really harsh as Elvis won the ball and the fella cheekly got in the way and made the most of it, 2nd goal Taylor has got to learn you can’t always take two touches iin your own box, one touch and that’s up to the half way line, if in doubt get it out, third goal gotta give that to them and the fourth nobody reacted quick enough to win the header.
That third goal? A poor clearance from Taylor and a statuesque Bishop made it easier.
The fourth saw Taylor duck out of the way of the header.
Why in God's name did he do that?

That third goal? A poor clearance from Taylor and a statuesque Bishop made it easier.
The fourth saw Taylor duck out of the way of the header.
Why in God's name did he do that?

Bishop was never going to save that, nor was any other keeper. You might want to look at the 5 or so Yellow shirts that didn't fancy closing it down. We have conceded plenty of goal form that area and we never fancy the block.

That aside it was a free kick from in their half, you have to challenge for the first ball. As for the 4th, yes we flick it on but one of ours was just behind and should have called it and had a free header.......Teams with weak characters, losing and low on confidence don't take responsibility and that's why we caved in second half.

As I mentioned on the other thread, a commanding centre back and Ralph playing we probably would of won yesterday.

As I mentioned on the other thread, a commanding centre back and Ralph playing we probably would of won yesterday.

We pretty much need a new back-5 in January. Every week the Highlights provide another defensive horror show: individually they not good, collectively awful. The only positives I can see (at a stretch) are Elvis’s commitment and work rate, Ralph’s performance v Burton, & Bishop is still young so has potential to develop into a L1 keeper (but is far from it right now).

I appreciate this is a doom and gloom post, but you can‘t keep making excuses. Our ‘keeper and defence are woeful.

Our midfield has improved the past couple games but is another unit that needs a significant overhaul. Of this bunch, I’d only keep Hutchinson, Mantom & Macca (ignoring the youthies and injured players).

Both Lady Luck and the law of averages has deserted us. Hopefully the much fabled warchest can be located in January and I can final start watching the highlights sitting in the sofa again rather than hiding behind it.

We pretty much need a new back-5 in January. Every week the Highlights provide another defensive horror show: individually they not good, collectively awful. The only positives I can see (at a stretch) are Elvis’s commitment and work rate, Ralph’s performance v Burton, & Bishop is still young so has potential to develop into a L1 keeper (but is far from it right now).

I appreciate this is a doom and gloom post, but you can‘t keep making excuses. Our ‘keeper and defence are woeful.

Our midfield has improved the past couple games but is another unit that needs a significant overhaul. Of this bunch, I’d only keep Hutchinson, Mantom & Macca (ignoring the youthies and injured players).

Both Lady Luck and the law of averages has deserted us. Hopefully the much fabled warchest can be located in January and I can final start watching the highlights sitting in the sofa again rather than hiding behind it.

Not even sure it's the whole back 5 but just someone that can organise the defense and speak up a bit might help, ditto the midfield.

Get a couple of players that will organise those areas and you might see an improvement in the players around them as well, kind of like how players like Thompson looked so much better when alongside Ferdinand.

That's the rose tinted hope version, anyway.

I literally cannot see why a penalty was given against Elvis. He clears the ball then the striker falls over the leg Elvis has just cleared the ball with. Ref should be ashamed

First goal , ball is in the air for a lifetime and no attempt to win a header , they win a pen as a result .
Just basic errors every week that is contributing to our downfall .
We score 2 beautifully worked goals and they score 3 that all could have been prevented with some ownership and aggression IMO

Back