• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bristol Rovers re LDV

This has probably been brooched before but if it hasn't then, Hey!!! a first for breakfast cereals.

Im sure there are people out there like me who hate coach travel and prefer the choo choo, so what would be the best one to catch next tuesday and whos going to be on it?

Prices would be nice to know as well.

Thanks muchly.

alright al,have you stopped scratching yet after your night of passion with winnie mandela last week???!!!! johnny c

Gotta try one in your life time
tounge.gif
Mate phoned me up during the week and asked if I fancied a weekend over there in March. Its a dirty job but someones got to do it
biggrin.gif

I was going to attempt the train, but the last train back to London from Bristol Parkway is at 22.01 and it's around 2 miles from the ground - touch and go, don't really want to be stranded in Bristol of an evening.

Beats going by train from Lufbra. Have to leave just before half time if I want any chance of getting back before 7am the next day!

i beleive there is a 10.30pm train as well. Im looking at going on the choo choo. I will investigate further.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Feb. 08 2005,11:05)]i beleive there is a 10.30pm train as well. Im looking at going on the choo choo. I will investigate further.
Well? Bloody Hell!! How long do you need to check it out. C'mon, c'mon I ain't got all day

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Feb. 08 2005,09:11)]I was going to attempt the train, but the last train back to London from Bristol Parkway is at 22.01 and it's around 2 miles from the ground - touch and go, don't really want to be stranded in Bristol of an evening.
There's a later one back from Temple Meads... departs 22.40, gets into Paddington at 00.33.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,11:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Feb. 08 2005,09:11)]I was going to attempt the train, but the last train back to London from Bristol Parkway is at 22.01 and it's around 2 miles from the ground - touch and go, don't really want to be stranded in Bristol of an evening.
There's a later one back from Temple Meads... departs 22.40, gets into Paddington at 00.33.

cool.gif
which means you've got 20 mins to get across to Liverpool St!!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,11:10)]
[b said:

cool.gif
thats the puppy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Feb. 08 2005,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,11:10)]There's a later one back from Temple Meads... departs 22.40, gets into Paddington at 00.33.

cool.gif
rock.gif
Which is why I are be mostly driving to and from Bristol next Tuesday...

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,11:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Feb. 08 2005,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,11:10)]There's a later one back from Temple Meads... departs 22.40, gets into Paddington at 00.33.

cool.gif
rock.gif
Which is why I are be mostly driving to and from Bristol next Tuesday...

tounge.gif
I hope your driving is better than your spelling/grammar ......
wink.gif

Just a warning with regards to driving. Be a bit careful where you park. Went to Bristol last weekend (but sadly couldn't convince people to go to Swansea!) and had both the cars we took down broken in to. Very professional job they did too. Not a scratch of damage but all the stereo, speakers, wiring, even the bloody Lucozade, was gone!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 08 2005,11:47)]Just a warning with regards to driving.  Be a bit careful where you park.  Went to Bristol last weekend (but sadly couldn't convince people to go to Swansea!) and had both the cars we took down broken in to.   Very professional job they did too.  Not a scratch of damage but all the stereo, speakers, wiring, even the bloody Lucozade, was gone!
Where did you park, and where should I avoid parking, then?

wow.gif

Obviously, not too keen on having the car broken into. That said, were you parked up somewhere overnight?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,11:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 08 2005,11:47)]Just a warning with regards to driving. Be a bit careful where you park. Went to Bristol last weekend (but sadly couldn't convince people to go to Swansea!) and had both the cars we took down broken in to. Very professional job they did too. Not a scratch of damage but all the stereo, speakers, wiring, even the bloody Lucozade, was gone!

wow.gif

Obviously, not too keen on having the car broken into. That said, were you parked up somewhere overnight?

rock.gif

Matt
To be fair, I think it's the overnight thing that's probably the most risky part. The people we stayed with reeled off the number of car crime incidents, it was pretty shocking really!

We were holed up right next to the Carling academy although I think it's some way from the ground.

It's more just a note of caution. Don't start parking in poorly lit places and all that...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,12:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 08 2005,11:47)]Just a warning with regards to driving.  Be a bit careful where you park.  Went to Bristol last weekend (but sadly couldn't convince people to go to Swansea!) and had both the cars we took down broken in to.   Very professional job they did too.  Not a scratch of damage but all the stereo, speakers, wiring, even the bloody Lucozade, was gone!

wow.gif

Obviously, not too keen on having the car broken into.  That said, were you parked up somewhere overnight?

rock.gif

Matt
Don't worry, Matt... no self-respecting yob would want to risk getting caught red handed trying to break in to a Volvo... they might think they're looking for a joyride.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Feb. 08 2005,12:47)]Just a warning with regards to driving.  Be a bit careful where you park.  Went to Bristol last weekend (but sadly couldn't convince people to go to Swansea!) and had both the cars we took down broken in to.   Very professional job they did too.  Not a scratch of damage but all the stereo, speakers, wiring, even the bloody Lucozade, was gone!
That's just bad luck I guess. I had my car stolen while I was watching a football match once... from round the corner of Roots Hall. It was Stan the Man's last game at the Hall.

Imagine how down I felt to see Stan go... and my car had gone as well!

rock.gif

Back