• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Southend United

Why does anyone think Tilly or AB would have done any better? One has an awful record apart from his first few years with us, the other has no record. Get real. Sol was the best man available who actually wanted the job. Nothing’s changed. We’re all gutted but in a desperate attempt to see the positives, we’ve proved more than once we can be decent. It’s the mental fragility every time we conceded that’s the problem. Plus a keeper used to letting in shed loads. Ox has to come back.

I don’t think any manager would’ve done any better. To blame Sol for this ... I’m sorry but with Larsson we’d be no better off. The mentality of this lot is the issue, we’ve just forgotten how to win.
Sorry ,but the blame falls at Ron's door we could have had a new manager in weeks earlier.What CEO goes on holiday during your most important months of year and leaves nobody in charge....then takes another 6 weeks to make the appointment while we are sinking by the day.Sols task has been made even harder by this time delay.
Don't forget his previous master strokes of our genius Chairman.... not paying the players ,and also selling Barnard which ended in two relegations firmly caused by his actions.
Sol is picking up the pieces of Ron's mismanagement of our club

Anyone who thinks Coughlan could’ve sorted this mess out .. I can tell you this, he’s not popular at Rovers and most of their fans think they’re in a false position. Waddock? Do me a favour. Larsson? No chance. It would take a flipping miracle worker to get into the head of this team. We’ve been in freefall ever since PB’s last season. Many many changes needed and Sol has my total backing ..

I bet you AB would have done.

What are Bishops actual stats for all league games played during his Southend career? W/D/L. ?Must be utterly appalling...

You can’t attribute team stats to an individual like that.....

Shots on target / shots saved is fair but as with any player counting what games you’ve won drawn or lost is t really applicable to individuals

Nathan Bishop -

Played: 15
Conceded: 41

????????
League games this season:-
Bishop 10 games 32 goals conceded
Oxley 10 games 25 goals conceded

Conclusion?
New keeper please. Ted Smith in the short-term (presume he is not contracted to anyone at the moment).

Why does anyone think Tilly or AB would have done any better? One has an awful record apart from his first few years with us, the other has no record. Get real. Sol was the best man available who actually wanted the job. Nothing’s changed. We’re all gutted but in a desperate attempt to see the positives, we’ve proved more than once we can be decent. It’s the mental fragility every time we conceded that’s the problem. Plus a keeper used to letting in shed loads. Ox has to come back.

Ox doesn’t want to be here.

He didn't a couple of years ago.

We could do with a Christian Walton style loan in, I think.

I like Nathan, but he is just getting no protection in front of him at all and it's killing his confidence as @Tombstone Blues said earlier.

League games this season:-
Bishop 10 games 32 goals conceded
Oxley 10 games 25 goals conceded

Conclusion?
New keeper please. Ted Smith in the short-term (presume he is not contracted to anyone at the moment).
Ted Smith.....I’m laughing so much....he is ****ing useless....much worse than the other 2!

Last edited:
That is seven 4's to go with the five 3's and one seven. I hope a number of our players have thought about career opportunities outside of football.

To think I was confifent of my BTTS Southend win at HT

Yes, I thought my Southend to win bet was going to come up. At least the first-half showed improvements and a couple of people have made the point about Hopper having to go off being a pivotal moment.
I haven't lost any of my faith in Sol but the injuries seem to be making it hard to prevent one step forward being followed by two steps back. I still think Southend can escape the drop but it's going to need a bit of luck going your way, better fortune on the injuries front and a good January transfer window.
We, on the other hand, continue to plough new lows in our one hundred and twenty nine year league history and Parkinson is already on extremely thin ice.

Back