• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Bristol Rovers v Southend United

What's the problem there @ROKERITE ?

Seems astonishing that Sunderland are struggling so much in this league.

Is it just the lack of goals?

One Sunderland fella on Twitter the other night I was talking with said the midfield don't put the yards in?

Yes, I thought my Southend to win bet was going to come up. At least the first-half showed improvements and a couple of people have made the point about Hopper having to go off being a pivotal moment.
I haven't lost any of my faith in Sol but the injuries seem to be making it hard to prevent one step forward being followed by two steps back. I still think Southend can escape the drop but it's going to need a bit of luck going your way, better fortune on the injuries front and a good January transfer window.
We, on the other hand, continue to plough new lows in our one hundred and twenty nine year league history and Parkinson is already on extremely thin ice.

For that to happen, we’d need Championship winning form.

More chance of me slinging one up Kelly Brook tonight, than that happening

For that to happen, we’d need Championship winning form.

More chance of me slinging one up Kelly Brook tonight, than that happening

And I would say there is more chance of us staying up than that EVER happening. :Smile:

Nathan Bishop -

Played: 15
Conceded: 41

????????
Dont know if you realise a goalkeeper needs a defence in front of him, even Peter Schmeichel would concede many with our lot but at least we would have the satisfaction that he had beaten the -hit out of them

What's the problem there @ROKERITE ?

Seems astonishing that Sunderland are struggling so much in this league.

Is it just the lack of goals?

One Sunderland fella on Twitter the other night I was talking with said the midfield don't put the yards in?

What isn't the problem here?
Our owners were all hail fellow well met when they arrived in the close season of 2018. Now they are keeping a very low profile with one of them resigning from the board this week but keeping his 6% share. Ellis Short did a wonderful thing in writing off £200,000,000 of debt but unfortunately he's allowed a couple of relatively poor shysters to buy us on the cheap. There are many concerns about what is going on behind the scenes at The SOL regarding ownership, borrowing and mortgaging.
The manager, well Jack Ross should probably have been sacked after our capitulation in May's play-off final. Sacking him when we did only made sense if we had someone exciting in mind; Phil Parkinson was not and is not that exciting manager and I've never known a Sunderland Manager be under such pressure so soon.
The players; undoubtedly the worst squad ever to represent SAFC. Our owners insisted Ross sell Josh Maja in January as he'd have been out of contract in June. Maja's goals were largely responsible for our top two place at the time of his departure and it isn't hindsight to say had he been kept we'd have gone up last season. Instead we paid out twice as much as the fee received for Maja on Will Grigg who has been a monumental failure. "Will Grigg's on fire" the Wigan and Northern Ireland fans would sing; well that fire's been well and truly extinguished.
The supporters; it's a mixture of anger and apathy with us. Apathy is the thing any owners should worry about most.
The good news is we'll be seeing you at The SOL next season if Sol can pull off the great escape.

Our owners were all hail fellow well met when they arrived in the close season of 2018. Now they are keeping a very low profile with one of them resigning from the board this week but keeping his 6% share. Ellis Short did a wonderful thing in writing off £200,000,000 of debt but unfortunately he's allowed a couple of relatively poor shysters to buy us on the cheap. There are many concerns about what is going on behind the scenes at The SOL regarding ownership, borrowing and mortgaging.
The manager, well Jack Ross should probably have been sacked after our capitulation in May's play-off final. Sacking him when we did only made sense if we had someone exciting in mind; Phil Parkinson was not and is not that exciting manager and I've never known a Sunderland Manager be under such pressure so soon.
The players; undoubtedly the worst squad ever to represent SAFC. Our owners insisted Ross sell Josh Maja in January as he'd have been out of contract in June. Maja's goals were largely responsible for our top two place at the time of his departure and it isn't hindsight to say had he been kept we'd have gone up last season. Instead we paid out twice as much as the fee received for Maja on Will Grigg who has been a monumental failure. "Will Grigg's on fire" the Wigan and Northern Ireland fans would sing; well that fire's been well and truly extinguished.
The supporters; it's a mixture of anger and apathy with us. Apathy is the thing any owners should worry about most.
The good news is we'll be seeing you at The SOL next season if Sol can pull off the great escape.
To be honest, after the Sunderland fans singing “you’re going down” last season, I lost a hell of a lot of respect for you lot. You more than anyone should know how painful relegation is. So without having a dig at you personally pal, I sincerely hope you fail to go up, again.

Thank you @ROKERITE

Sounds bad. I would have thought Sunderland could attract a better calibre of manager. A Gary Rowett or Gary Monk type, rather than Phil Parkinson and Ross before him.

With the extraordinary support there, a decent manager would get the crowd onside pretty quickly.

That said, a mate of mine is a Bradford City fan and says that being a bigger club doesn't always guarantee success at this level.

Last edited:
Dont know if you realise a goalkeeper needs a defence in front of him, even Peter Schmeichel would concede many with our lot but at least we would have the satisfaction that he had beaten the -hit out of them

I was simply posting a fact, but cheers for the attitude.

To be honest, after the Sunderland fans singing “you’re going down” last season, I lost a hell of a lot of respect for you lot. You more than anyone should know how painful relegation is. So without having a dig at you personally pal, I sincerely hope you fail to go up, again.
Because obviously we’ve never sung that to other clubs !!!!!

I am not sure Campbell is the answer either. Surely as an England defender he must have better ideasthan just scratching his balls!

It must be very frustrating for Sol and Hermann. Both defenders by trade.

They must almost think they can don the kit again and get out there themselves and do a better job.

Back