• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Bristol Rovers V Southend United

SUFCStu

President
Team news for this game is

Mildenhall

Francis Baldwin Barrett Herd

Grant Macca Christophe Moussa

Vernon Spencer

Substitutes: Dan Bentley, Scott Malone, Matt Patterson, Osei Sankofa, Jean-Yves M'voto, Stuart O'Keefe, Francis Laurent.

Last edited:
Bristol Rovers: Mikkel Andersen, Byron Anthony, Danny Coles, Steve Elliott, Daniel Jones, Dominic Blizzard, Chris Lines, Stuart Campbell, Jeff Hughes, Paul Heffernan, Jo Kuffour

Substitutes:
Carl Regan, Mark Wright, Andy Williams, Charlie Reece, Ben Swallow, Eliot Richards, Rhys Evans

Mildenhall

Vernon Spencer

Substitutes: Dan Bentley, Scott Malone, Matt Patterson, Osei Sankofa, Jean-Yves M'voto, Stuart O'Keefe, Francis Laurent.

Clueless. Why are we moving Grant to accommodate Christophe ?

Not sure who is playing on the right nothing been posted our OS but going by the Bristol rovers site then it looks like Grant.

If it is then :(

Clueless. Why are we moving Grant to accommodate Christophe ?

We're away from home against a team with a decent midfield and a strong partnership up front. Expect it to be a solid midfield three with Moussa playing off them and Francis adopting the right wing role whenever possible.

I'd rather have that than have Le Sulk floundering on the right hand side again.

We're away from home against a team with a decent midfield and a strong partnership up front. Expect it to be a solid midfield three with Moussa playing off them and Francis adopting the right wing role whenever possible.

It's unnecessary change though, Grant's done well in the middle since coming back in and we know it doesn't do a player any good getting pulled from pillar to post, just look at Francis.

I feel for Sankofa aswell, but I suppose that comes as no surprise to see Barrett come back in.

It's unnecessary change though, Grant's done well in the middle since coming back in and we know it doesn't do a player any good getting pulled from pillar to post, just look at Francis.

Well, it's not unnecessary as Scannell is injured, so somebody had to come into the midfield. Away from home, I have no qualms with JFC coming and adding some steel to the midfield... Especially if the other options are a temperamental Frenchman and an unfit youngster.

Mildenhall

Vernon Spencer

I'd have Macca on the wing rather than Grant, Maybe it will line up this way instead

I'd have Macca on the wing rather than Grant, Maybe it will line up this way instead

Yeah i do hope Macca is on the wing rather then Grant.

Very solid player and we need him in CM and not out on the right hand side.

Last edited:
I'd have started with O'Keefe personally, thought he had a good half hour Tuesday after replacing the unfortunate Scannell.

Back