• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Beefy

Life President
Well, team selection will be interesting for this one. No goals in midweek but now the return of the Messiah and seemingly a return to favour of Bilel Mohsni should make for a few selection dilemmas for the manager.

I think I'd go for:

Belford

Clohessy Barker Phillips Hills

Grant Dailly Timlin Hall

Eastwood Benyon​

Subs:
Mohsni
Sawyer
Martin
Harris
Prosser

It's my first away game of the season (although they're all away games for us Exiles) and I'm very excited, especially as it's all so last minute. Is there an away pub??

Bristol Rovers vs Southend

In all the euphoria there doesn't seem to be one of these again.

I bet we could all post our team selections on here and nobody will get it right.

So many conundrums for PS

Does he start Eastwood, does he start Mohsni, does he bring Grant back, does he play Hall on the wing, does Benyon keep his place, can Daily play 3 games in a week?

I would go for the following

Belford
Clohessey Barker Phillps Hills
Hall Grant Timlin Martin
Eastwood Benyon

Subs - Harris - Dailey - Mohsni - Prosser - Sawyer

Belford
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Hills
Hall Timlin Grant Martin
Mohsni Eastwood

Subs: Harris, Benyon, Dailly, Sawyer, Barker

Last edited:
Sawyer: Blues under less pressure on the road

SOUTHEND United midfielder Lee Sawyer hopes playing under less pressure away from home can again bring the best of his side at Bristol Rovers tomorrow.

More...

My team would be below but I know it won't happen.

belford

clohessy phillips barker hills
hall timlin grant martin
bilel eastwood

God it feels good to write his name in a squad again!!!!!

I'm glad PS has got to pick the side and not me. With the squad he has at his disposal now there can be no excuses for the next 8 games. Anyway for what its worth I think he might start tomorrow with:

Belford

Clohessy, Phillips, Barker, Hills

Mohsni, Grant, Ferdinand, Timlin, Martin

Eastwood

With subs

Dailly
Sawyer
Hall
Harris
Benyon

eastwood playing off mohsni..........moistgasm!!!! although this will probably not happen i think we will see this

belford
clohessey barker phillips hills

sawyer grant timlin hall

harris eastwood

Love to see PS attack Rovers with 2 wingers, but it does put a workload on just two central midfielders. so dont think it will happen.

Love to see PS attack Rovers with 2 wingers, but it does put a workload on just two central midfielders. so dont think it will happen.

my theory is that is what central midfielders should be doing anyway, i would always want two out and out good old fashioned wingers with full backs bombing on too, let the defenders defend and get someone sitting in front of the back four, attack attack attack attack attack

Backline same as tuesday.

Midfield is the trickiest to pick. Will Sawyer keep is place or Grant back in? too many games for Dailly? Doubt we'll go with 2 out & out wingers away from home. My bet is Timlin, Grant, Sawyer, Hall.

One of Harris & Benyon with Freddy up top, both have been in good form and Harris was rested tuesday...

Belford
Clohessy Phillips Barker Hills
Sawyer Grant Timlin Hall
Harris Eastwood

Subs: Prosser, Mohsni, Dailly, Martin, Benyon

I take it that getting tickets on the door shouldn't be a problem. I've made a last minute decision to go, can't wait. Please start with freddy. If moshni starts as well I'll probably wet myself.

we are spoilt for options up front just now, but i think ps should still go with harris and benyon to start, what a subs bench if we have mosh and freddy !

Belford

Clohessy Phillips Prosser Hills

Hall Dailly Grant Martin

Benyon Harris

Subs: Mohsni Barker Eastwood Sawyer Timlin

I know it wont happen but Barker could do with a couple of games on the bench, rest of the defence picks itself imo.

I keep saying Hall & Martin should both start because I believe with a half decent LB behind him, Martin is a real threat, & with 3 goals sinced he joined, deserves to start. Timlin has been out of form of late & so like Barker a couple of games on the bench wont hurt. Ive been impressed with Dailly, all that experience is invaluable & will give Grant, who was improving game by game up until his ban, a bit of safety behind him to go forward.

Harris & Benyon looked like were starting to get an understanding going & even though Harris gets some stick on here, he is another experienced head which is going to be so important in these last eight games.

Neither Bilel or Freddy have played enough of late to warrant a start imo, but phuck me what a pair of subs they are..:smile:

Freddy to start on Friday after coming on for Harris in the 60th minute & scoring in 6.9 seconds..:smile:

Looking at the other games tomorrow, Cheltenham play Oxford so there will be dropped points for one of our rivals there, Morecambe certainly capable of beating Shrewsbury at home. Torquay and Crawley you would think would see off Port Vale and Rotherham respectively but both tough games.

Back