• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bristol Rovers

Don't worry the City Shrimpers can add it to their pick ups !
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ Jan. 27 2005,00:35)]Don't worry the City Shrimpers can add it to their pick ups !
biggrin.gif
Will they need a 2nd Driver for that
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 26 2005,23:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2005,21:03)]It does not matter how much effort I put in there is always someone who can do better.

sad.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
I notice you don't do an Inverness pick up either, do you realise how inconvenient that is for me? You only look after the southern fans, disgraceful! I bet if OS and Jávea wanted a pick up you'd tell them it was too far as well. Honestly.

mad.gif

biggrin.gif
What about the South Coast Shrimpers then? There's Coops and me in Bournemouth and Yeovil Shrimper as well.....! Nobody thinks about arranging pick ups for us. It would only involve a slight detour down the M3 after all.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2005,21:03)]Why is it that when supporters contact me (by phone) with problems in getting to one of the twelve pick up points (yes we do 12 pick ups !!) with regards to away travel I do my best to help people out, I have arranged to pick fans up at various service stations or at other locations during the years I have organised SUSCT travel. However it always seems that people enjoy moaning and slagging off the arrangements when they are sitting at their keyboard. If fans want an additional pick up for Bristol then contact me (Chris Berry) then I will arrange for you to be picked up at a service station on route - it is not a problem, remember "it's nice to talk".

People have stated that "this is a one off", yes it is so why not have one (day) off
rock.gif
Now I know that as stated some fans would like for the coach to pick them up after dinner from London (very convenient), would they also like us to wait a bit longer so they could go to the toilet and powder their nose first ?? I think it is wrong for anyone to have to take the day off work, why not just ask Bristol to move the kick off to a more suitable time or let the players get on the pitch and wait for us to get there before they kick off, when we feel like it !!

If there are so many City Shrimpers who want to go by coach why not all get together, find a coach, book the coach, arrange pick ups, advertise it, write the theme tune...  after all it is easy !! Then you could go on tour round London and pick everyone up.

As for the Trust getting 30 tickets for the Orient match for top coach travellers, the Trust was only looking after the fans who go every week with them. I am sure that when Season Ticket Holders get a ticket for Bristol they will not complain that is unfair.

It does not matter how much effort I put in there is always someone who can do better.

sad.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
I'm sorry if the people who run the coaches think I've been having a dig, because that wasn't my intention.

I have only been trying to make suggestions which I thought would make life easier for all involved. I'm aware that you work exceptionally hard and do go out of your way (for want of a better phrase) to be as helpful as you can be, but I wasn't wanting to inconvience you - and the other travellers - and thought an additional stop at Upminster would be too much extra hassle.

My logic was that starting a coach (I was assuming that there would only be demand for games where we would be taking more than one coaches anyway) in London, would make life easier for you as well as me and other Shrimpers working in town. If that isn't practical I'll shut up, it was only a suggestion and not a criticism of the service you run. Keep up the good work.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for the Trust getting 30 tickets for the Orient match for top coach travellers, the Trust was only looking after the fans who go every week with them.
Dont get me started on that one again that was an absolute joke - why should the trust get any tickets at all when people like me who go by car or train to all away games should not get nothing! I am sure other people in my situation felt the same at the time!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 28 2005,11:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 26 2005,21:03)]Why is it that when supporters contact me (by phone) with problems in getting to one of the twelve pick up points (yes we do 12 pick ups !!) with regards to away travel I do my best to help people out, I have arranged to pick fans up at various service stations or at other locations during the years I have organised SUSCT travel. However it always seems that people enjoy moaning and slagging off the arrangements when they are sitting at their keyboard. If fans want an additional pick up for Bristol then contact me (Chris Berry) then I will arrange for you to be picked up at a service station on route - it is not a problem, remember "it's nice to talk".

People have stated that "this is a one off", yes it is so why not have one (day) off
rock.gif
Now I know that as stated some fans would like for the coach to pick them up after dinner from London (very convenient), would they also like us to wait a bit longer so they could go to the toilet and powder their nose first ?? I think it is wrong for anyone to have to take the day off work, why not just ask Bristol to move the kick off to a more suitable time or let the players get on the pitch and wait for us to get there before they kick off, when we feel like it !!

If there are so many City Shrimpers who want to go by coach why not all get together, find a coach, book the coach, arrange pick ups, advertise it, write the theme tune...  after all it is easy !! Then you could go on tour round London and pick everyone up.

As for the Trust getting 30 tickets for the Orient match for top coach travellers, the Trust was only looking after the fans who go every week with them. I am sure that when Season Ticket Holders get a ticket for Bristol they will not complain that is unfair.

It does not matter how much effort I put in there is always someone who can do better.

sad.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
I'm sorry if the people who run the coaches think I've been having a dig, because that wasn't my intention.

I have only been trying to make suggestions which I thought would make life easier for all involved. I'm aware that you work exceptionally hard and do go out of your way (for want of a better phrase) to be as helpful as you can be, but I wasn't wanting to inconvience you - and the other travellers - and thought an additional stop at Upminster would be too much extra hassle.

My logic was that starting a coach (I was assuming that there would only be demand for games where we would be taking more than one coaches anyway) in London, would make life easier for you as well as me and other Shrimpers working in town. If that isn't practical I'll shut up, it was only a suggestion and not a criticism of the service you run. Keep up the good work.
Don't worry, we don't take it personally.

We are just trying to do what's best for the Trust & It's members. We have looked into this sort of thing before and the Committee decision was that it wasn't feasable.

However as previously stated if the demand was there I'm sure we would look at it again.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,11:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for the Trust getting 30 tickets for the Orient match for top coach travellers, the Trust was only looking after the fans who go every week with them.
Dont get me started on that one again that was an absolute joke - why should the trust get any tickets at all when people like me who go by car or train to all away games should not get nothing! I am sure other people in my situation felt the same at the time!
I am not going down this route again, however, it's like anything else in life there are always two sides to everything. I think you will find most were happy with the arrangements and I'm sure this would not be an issue if you got a ticket.

And anyway you have to be in it to win it
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,12:01)]I havent got a problem with the trust but I just think the whole situation could be handled alot better then it was!
If you have any suggestions as to how pm me. We are always open to suggestions for the next time
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,12:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 28 2005,12:01)]I havent got a problem with the trust but I just think the whole situation could be handled alot better then it was!
If you have any suggestions as to how pm me. We are always open to suggestions for the next time  
smile.gif
Beaver,

I'm with TB on the Orient tickets issue, as I know a number of other non-coach regular away travellers are.

However, my beef is not so much with the Trust but the club - having been given 30 tickets then I guess the Trust distributed them in the only reasonable way open to them. But, many hard core away fans did not get a ticket. For me, travelling by the Trust's coaches is just not practical/convenient. As a result, along with many others who attend most, if not all, away games we had had to take pot luck on getting tickets with many missing out. To me this seemed very unfair that we were treated worse than the 30 top coach travellers.

Before the method of ticket distribution was announced I posted on here and emailed the club suggesting a voucher system was used at the Sc**thorpe, Darlington and/or Shrewsbury games. This would have ensured that ALL regular away fans were looked after and not just the coach regulars. I would have hoped that the Trust would have made similar representations to the club and possibly also proposed turining down the 30 tickets in favour of a voucher system. This way the trust could have demonstrated it was looking after all its members equally. I may be wrong, and apologies if I am, but I saw no evidence of the Trust pursuing this with the club.

The comments on this thread could give the impression that coach regulars are the "chosen few". I would hate to see other fans being disenfranchised as a result and therefore the Trust's excellent work being negated.

This is but a small moan and hopefully something the Trust can take on board for similar future occassions. As I posted earlier, I do not doubt for one second the excellent and thankless work done by the Trust and its committee.

Mark

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Jan. 28 2005,13:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,12:03)]
[b said:
smile.gif
Beaver,

I'm with TB on the Orient tickets issue, as I know a number of other non-coach regular away travellers are.

However, my beef is not so much with the Trust but the club - having been given 30 tickets then I guess the Trust distributed them in the only reasonable way open to them.  But, many hard core away fans did not get a ticket.  For me, travelling by the Trust's coaches is just not practical/convenient.  As a result, along with many others who attend most, if not all, away games we had had to take pot luck on getting tickets with many missing out.  To me this seemed very unfair that we were treated worse than the 30 top coach travellers.

Before the method of ticket distribution was announced I posted on here and emailed the club suggesting a voucher system was used at the Sc**thorpe, Darlington and/or Shrewsbury games.  This would have ensured that ALL regular away fans were looked after and not just the coach regulars.  I would have hoped that the Trust would have made similar representations to the club and possibly also proposed turining down the 30 tickets in favour of a voucher system.  This way the trust could have demonstrated it was looking after all its members equally.  I may be wrong, and apologies if I am, but I saw no evidence of the Trust pursuing this with the club.  

The comments on this thread could give the impression that coach regulars are the "chosen few".  I would hate to see other fans being disenfranchised as a result and therefore the Trust's excellent work being negated.

This is but a small moan and hopefully something the Trust can take on board for similar future occassions.  As I posted earlier, I do not doubt for one second the excellent and thankless work done by the Trust and its committee.

Mark
Mark,

Believe you me we did address the situation with the club, but they had already decided to issue the tickets to Season Ticket Holders first.
I think that they think a voucher system is too much hard work and open to abuse.
If you remember Scarborough last year Vouchers were given out on the Turnstiles, unfortunately by the handfull & not one per person.

We do not look upon out coach travellers as the chosen few, but lets face it why should they not be rewarded by the trust if the are paying good money week in week out to travel with us.

As you say the main issue here is how the club handle the problem.
The trust just do the best we can with what's on offer. And in reality we are not going to turn down an offer of tickets if it helps some of our members get to a game.

What you also have to bear in mind is that Season Ticket holders sustain the club during the summer months with much needed income, and it has always been that Season Ticket Holders get first refusal on any tickets for any game if there are to be ticketing problems.

So it is not as easy as people think to get the balance right, but be assured when the need arises we will talk to the club again about this issue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,14:49)]Mark,

Believe you me we did address the situation with the club, but they had already decided to issue the tickets to Season Ticket Holders first.
I think that they think a voucher system is too much hard work and open to abuse.
If you remember Scarborough last year Vouchers were given out on the Turnstiles, unfortunately by the handfull & not one per person.

We do not look upon out coach travellers as the chosen few, but lets face it why should they not be rewarded by the trust if the are paying good money week in week out to travel with us.

As you say the main issue here is how the club handle the problem.
The trust just do the best we can with what's on offer. And in reality we are not going to turn down an offer of tickets if it helps some of our members get to a game.

What you also have to bear in mind is that Season Ticket holders sustain the club during the summer months with much needed income, and it has always been that Season Ticket Holders get first refusal on any tickets for any game if there are to be ticketing problems.

So it is not as easy as people think to get the balance right, but be assured when the need arises we will talk to the club again about this issue.
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated and I fully understand your comments. Nice to know that the Trust did approach the club regarding Orient.

By the way, I am a season ticket holder and was lucky enough to get an Orient ticket. Despite that, the Orient ticketing arrangements did, and still do, anger me. A concern has to be that regular away fans that can't get tickets end up in the home sections with the potential for trouble that that brings.

The upshot is that the club need to come up with something better next time - I'm relieved Orient didn't make the LDV area final (although it would have been nice to stuff them
biggrin.gif
).

A couple of ideas: the club could use their own records of who has pre-purchased away tickets in the past and give preference to them or preference could be given to longer standing season ticket holders. Neither ideal but there must be a better way than the current system.

Mark

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Jan. 28 2005,14:49)]As you say the main issue here is how the club handle the problem.
Is this not usually the complaint people have?  To be honest I've never had a problem getting a ticket for any of our limited access games, but I feel lack of information is where it all goes pear-shaped on the credibility front.

The club will issue an edict saying that it's 1 ticket per person & you then queue up behind a bloke buying 10.  Then for another occasion state a S/T draw will be done but forget to say that linked address names will be drawn together or a number of tickets will be "issued" to certain parties.  If they decide on a course of action they should stick to it but make all the arrangements public knowledge.

Piers

Back