• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chadded

Not striking since 2004
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-12848048

So, he burns a Koran after seeing someone burn a poppy, and a custodial sentence 'is not ruled out'

Granted, this guy stole the Koran, but it's hardly crime of the century. However, the other month that maggot got what, an £80 fine for burning a poppy?

Oh, and one thing I hate about articles like this- describing him as a former soldier. So what- You don't ever read 'Former bin man', or former paper boy.' It's bollocks.

Oh, and one thing I hate about articles like this- describing him as a former soldier. So what- You don't ever read 'Former bin man', or former paper boy.' It's bollocks.

To be fair, in this case it's justified, as arguably an ex soldier would have more right to be outraged at the burning of a poppy than, say, an accountant. I agree it's often used in a negative way, but in this particular case I'd say the context is positive. Making him out to be more of a victim of the poppy burning if you like.

To be fair, in this case it's justified, as arguably an ex soldier would have more right to be outraged at the burning of a poppy than, say, an accountant. I agree it's often used in a negative way, but in this particular case I'd say the context is positive. Making him out to be more of a victim of the poppy burning if you like.

absolutely.

absolutely.

Yeah, perhaps in this case, but it's just something that the press always jump on.

FWIW, If I saw anyone, muslim or not, defacing a poppy, I would batter the **** out of them. End quote.

Yeah, perhaps in this case, but it's just something that the press always jump on.

FWIW, If I saw anyone, muslim or not, defacing a poppy, I would batter the **** out of them. End quote.

To be honest I haven't noticed it but it doesn't surprise me.

I'd be disgusted if I saw someone do that, but beating them up and risking a custodial sentence, losing job etc? why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-12848048

So, he burns a Koran after seeing someone burn a poppy, and a custodial sentence 'is not ruled out'

Granted, this guy stole the Koran, but it's hardly crime of the century. However, the other month that maggot got what, an £80 fine for burning a poppy?

£50 fine, takes £800 in benefits every month I believe! :@

I have many muslim friends, but even they said that the poppy burner got off too lightly. They were also outraged at what he had done. One of them said that if a christian did a similar act of disrespect against muslims in his country, that person would be lucky to get a quick death, as they would tear him to pieces, and beat him to death. But in this country, an £80 fine. Very friendly.

And so would i without any fear of a custodian sentence. Thats because i am under the impression that many convicted scumbags are being released from prison early to ease overcrowding. And read the local papers column every week of 'around the courts'. Pondlife are getting slaps on the wrist for more serious offences than giving someone a few left handers.

And so would i without any fear of a custodian sentence. Thats because i am under the impression that many convicted scumbags are being released from prison early to ease overcrowding. And read the local papers column every week of 'around the courts'. Pondlife are getting slaps on the wrist for more serious offences than giving someone a few left handers.
And that will only get worse with the cutbacks being made...

Or because Ken Clarke actually looked at the evidence and at lot of them didn't need to be banged up and continuous or heaver fines were better in some cases . And in others the removal of the ability to return to crime, and helping them get back to work was a better long term solution .

Chadded dear sir the legal profession works on precedence and context . The destruction of a book and theft of the object to destroy it , left unpunished would lead to other legal precedents being made later saying "well such and such got away with it why not my client ". The media are to blame in this case not necessarily the legal decisions . Also a poppy was not destroyed a replica of a poppy was burnt , the symbolic idenity was also untouched , what you had was an idiot thinking he could destroy a symbol . He can't his a moron , to beast the **** out of morons is also not acceptable . You either argue back with them , make them loose there rag and if they attack you restraint them , or do something so bizarre and inane it make cause a serious existential angst (the extremist Muslim is disturbed you you claiming to be Colin the penguin who wants to sell him double glazing , he cannot denie this as Allah is all things so there for Allah has decreed at that moment a man pretending to be a penquin is trying to sell him double glazing ). Surrealism is your best mode of attack with extremists .

To be honest I haven't noticed it but it doesn't surprise me.

I'd be disgusted if I saw someone do that, but beating them up and risking a custodial sentence, losing job etc? why?

In reality, I probably am jesting, though if i did witness it, it would take literally everything in me to not do it. Sacred doesn't even begin to describe the poppy, and what it stands for.

Or because Ken Clarke actually looked at the evidence and at lot of them didn't need to be banged up and continuous or heaver fines were better in some cases . And in others the removal of the ability to return to crime, and helping them get back to work was a better long term solution .

Chadded dear sir the legal profession works on precedence and context . The destruction of a book and theft of the object to destroy it , left unpunished would lead to other legal precedents being made later saying "well such and such got away with it why not my client ". The media are to blame in this case not necessarily the legal decisions . Also a poppy was not destroyed a replica of a poppy was burnt , the symbolic idenity was also untouched , what you had was an idiot thinking he could destroy a symbol . He can't his a moron , to beast the **** out of morons is also not acceptable . You either argue back with them , make them loose there rag and if they attack you restraint them , or do something so bizarre and inane it make cause a serious existential angst (the extremist Muslim is disturbed you you claiming to be Colin the penguin who wants to sell him double glazing , he cannot denie this as Allah is all things so there for Allah has decreed at that moment a man pretending to be a penquin is trying to sell him double glazing ). Surrealism is your best mode of attack with extremists .

What drugs have you been taking tonight then?

In reality, I probably am jesting, though if i did witness it, it would take literally everything in me to not do it. Sacred doesn't even begin to describe the poppy, and what it stands for.

Which is somewhat ironic given that British forces are part of an operation to destroy acre upon acre of them.

I would happily burn the Koran alongside the Bible and any other document that seeks to control the populous with brainwashing techniques on the back of fables and very little scientific fact. Many of the events described in these pieces of **** happened but in the same way that 20000 made their way to Gigg Lane in '91 the truth is severely stretched.

Religion brings nothing but conflict. I'd ban it tomorrow together with all of the ******** surrounding it starting with the Vatican who's riches are disgusting in a world where a small slice of their fortune would feed and clothe millions.

Back