• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's getting beyond a joke. The next thing will that brexit has scuppered plans etc. There is always going to be an excuse with Ron. We aren't ever moving with him at the helm.

Last edited:
There will be a positive update from Ron, British Land and one other development company involved in January...FACT

As with every development BL where involved with....Brexit vote just made them a little wary, but things will continue to progress.

There will be a positive update from Ron, British Land and one other development company involved in January...FACT

As with every development BL where involved with....Brexit vote just made them a little wary, but things will continue to progress.

It's not BL anyone is complaining about.

Ron has failed to even start the stadium he has set his goal on in over 8 years....there's a FACT for you.

It's not BL anyone is complaining about.

Ron has failed to even start the stadium he has set his goal on in over 8 years....there's a FACT for you.

But SURELY if BL are delaying a decision (which I believe is now sorted) Ron can't just carry on...? Actually no, you've made a good point. Ron should've made everyone vote remain to not delay an annoucement..?

But SURELY if BL are delaying a decision (which I believe is now sorted) Ron can't just carry on...? Actually no, you've made a good point. Ron should've made everyone vote remain to not delay an annoucement..?

Ron shouldn't carry on. He is woeful debt ridden clueless fake businessman.

Ron shouldn't carry on. He is woeful debt ridden clueless fake businessman.

Wish I was a fake businessman if it meant owning a football club, living in a lovely house and running a property business.

Last edited:
Wish I was a fake businessman if it meant owning a football club, living in a lovely house and running a property business.

Just register yourself as a new company. It will be more profitable than Rons on day one. You prob have your name on your own house so you're doing better on that front.

And bankrolling our club. If he goes, the club goes.

Don't be silly. The club were around almost 100 years before Ron even had anything to do with SUFC. Since he has been involved we have increased to record debt levels. Conclusive evidence.

Don't be silly. The club were around almost 100 years before Ron even had anything to do with SUFC. Since he has been involved we have increased to record debt levels. Conclusive evidence.

What will you do if the council say yes

To be fair to Ron, the club was on its knees when he took over and he certainly kept it afloat at that time. None of us will ever know if another knight in shining armour with far deeper pockets would have come along in time if Ron hadn't, but I don't recall there being a queue of multi-millionaires fighting over us back then. Besides the debt you speak of is mainly owed to Ron & his companies anyway so he's hardly going to foreclose on himself. I'm not for or against Ron, but i do believe he has done his best for the club in very difficult circumstances in recent years.

To be fair to Ron, the club was on its knees when he took over and he certainly kept it afloat at that time. None of us will ever know if another knight in shining armour with far deeper pockets would have come along in time if Ron hadn't, but I don't recall there being a queue of multi-millionaires fighting over us back then. Besides the debt you speak of is mainly owed to Ron & his companies anyway so he's hardly going to foreclose on himself. I'm not for or against Ron, but i do believe he has done his best for the club in very difficult circumstances in recent years.

Yes agreed. Both he's both the angel and the devil in equal measure.

How is it that a man who is a property developer, can't actually develop property. Have Martin dawn plc actually developed anything recent?

What is the hold up?

The council have been very accommodating since day 1.
British Land know what they are doing.

It must be funds. If he hasn't been able to get the necessary funds in 8 years then he might as well give up.

Yes agreed. Both he's both the angel and the devil in equal measure.

How is it that a man who is a property developer, can't actually develop property. Have Martin dawn plc actually developed anything recent?

What is the hold up?

The council have been very accommodating since day 1.
British Land know what they are doing.

It must be funds. If he hasn't been able to get the necessary funds in 8 years then he might as well give up.

They weren't for the first 20 Years. Hence uncle Vic's threat to move to Basildon.

We still don't have permission for the current scheme, so Ron or anybody else can't do anything until then. I know that spoils anti Ron rants but its the truth.

They weren't for the first 20 Years. Hence uncle Vic's threat to move to Basildon.

We still don't have permission for the current scheme, so Ron or anybody else can't do anything until then. I know that spoils anti Ron rants but its the truth.

I'm not talking about vics time.

Since Ronald Martin has been in charge the council have backed every scheme that he has put to them.

He has had planning for various different versions of the new stadium.

The fact we don't have planning for the latest version is simply because it has not been submitted. How is that the fault of the council?

How many times can the council agree to plans only for them to be taken away torn up and more ambitious plans pushed through. There is a limit.

Southend borough council and Rochford district council have more than southend united to think about.

I'm not talking about vics time.

Since Ronald Martin has been in charge the council have backed every scheme that he has put to them.

He has had planning for various different versions of the new stadium.

The fact we don't have planning for the latest version is simply because it has not been submitted. How is that the fault of the council?

How many times can the council agree to plans only for them to be taken away torn up and more ambitious plans pushed through. There is a limit.

Southend borough council and Rochford district council have more than southend united to think about.

Neither of those statements are true.

We have had plenty of threads were people have explained how a planning process works, but you don't seem to want to listen.

BL are not a charity so they were never going to agree to the Sainsbury's plan. FF now has more retail because the RH site is of no use to BL.

Back