• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

Totally blowing my cover and proving that I don't really have any indie-kid cool, but I quite enjoyed the Brits last night.

Some good performances. Scissor Sisters were amazing, what a totally camp and over the top perfomance - totally entertaining. I also enjoyed Joss Stone, The Streets, Franz Ferdinand and Green Day. Whilst the Beddingfields aren't my cup of tea musically Natasha was certainly worth watching  
wink.gif

Some of the awards wouldn't have been my choice given the list of nominees. However The Scissor Sisters fully deserved their awards (maybe would have liked The Killers to get one though). Glad Joss Stone won best female but would have given Best Urban to Dizee Rascal. I've commented already on the traversty of Angels winning best song of the last 25 years but it was obvious it was a made up award so he'd perform - only to be totally upstaged by Miss Stone's amazing voice. For the life of me I cannot believe Will Young won best single but there you go.

So as I said a good nights TV, may pop music continue to entertain and provoke discussion!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 11 2005,10:43)]took you until 10.40 to post that Andy, shame on you, was expecting it a lot earlier!
wink.gif
I've actually had some work to do this morning - I'm now totally knackered and will have to rest if I'm going to be fit for the game tonight!

tounge.gif

I enjoyed watching Bob Geldof perform last night. The man can still sing and he is a legend. I also loved the Scissor Sister's performance as well. Was certainly, erm, different!

Well, Ron... that caught me unawares. Didn't think you'd have much time for the Scissor Sisters. Having heard their album, I must confess to being pretty underwhelmed - only Mary & Laura are the two songs I thought were worth the time of day, and even then they smacked of ersatz, re-hashed, Elton-meets-Bowie.

However, having not seen their performance last night - instead, I was watching the lovely Juliette Binoche in Chocolat - I guess I'm not in much of a position to criticise them too heavily.

Right... enough ranting from me. Work beckons, alas...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 11 2005,11:00)]Well, Ron... that caught me unawares.  Didn't think you'd have much time for the Scissor Sisters.  Having heard their album, I must confess to being pretty underwhelmed - only Mary & Laura are the two songs I thought were worth the time of day, and even then they smacked of ersatz, re-hashed, Elton-meets-Bowie.
Much the same reaction I had initially, I have to admit I didn't like the album upon the first couple of listens. However the singles kept doing well and being played on the radio and TV and I found myself really liking them - just good old fashioned happy pop songs that sounded great on the radio all summer.

So I gave the album another chance and started to re-assess my opinion, it became a regular choice if having Barbeques or just enjoying the little bit of sun we had last year. Like I've said I'm a pop music fan and love music that makes me happy - which Scissor Sisters certainly does.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 11 2005,11:00)]However, having not seen their performance last night - instead, I was watching the lovely Juliette Binoche in Chocolat - I guess I'm not in much of a position to criticise them too heavily.
One of Mrs McScriv's favourite films!

How on earth did Robbie Williams win best song for last 25yrs ? Not even his best song

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 11 2005,11:13)]Fair enough... may give it another try, then!

smile.gif
Make sure you do, and re-assess your opinion before next Friday so we'll have something else to agree on!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Feb. 11 2005,11:46)]Shame The Darkness didn't win anything, I was disappointed about that.
I agree, I was hoping they'd receive the 'Here take this award as long as you sign a legally binding agreement to split up and never make any more records or play live ever again' Brit Award.

tounge.gif

Papers this morning were saying how well Chris Evans did and how its good to see him back. Err no actually I thought he was well past his sell by date and not funny or manic as he used to be.
I thought the scissor sisters were very good and will now buy the album. the singer reminds me of Caligula.
Liked the sound albeit only snippets of The Killers.
Siouxxe sioux looked a bit rough.
Puff Diddy was sh*te, isn't it time these rappers got rid of that stereotypical pimp persona?
Have warmed to keane a bit more.
the brits is definately getting better though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Feb. 11 2005,11:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 11 2005,11:00)]However, having not seen their performance last night - instead, I was watching the lovely Juliette Binoche in Chocolat - I guess I'm not in much of a position to criticise them too heavily.
One of Mrs McScriv's favourite films!
She obviously has better taste in films than in men...

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

(Only kiddin' mate)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 11 2005,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 11 2005,11:13)]Fair enough... may give it another try, then!

smile.gif
Make sure you do, and re-assess your opinion before next Friday so we'll have something else to agree on!

wink.gif
Alas, can't manage that by next Fri... said album belongs to big sis, who is off skiing today - so can't get my mitts on it...

cool.gif

Back