• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brits Albums Vote

Napster

No ⭐
Vote for the best Brits album of the last 30 years. I think there's only 2 maybe 3 decent albums on there. But one clear winner - vote for Phil!

Read reviews and listen to clips from the BRITs Album of 30 Years shortlist.

A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay

No Angel - Dido

Diamond Life - Sade

Hopes And Fears - Keane

What's The Story Morning Glory - Oasis

No Jacket Required - Phil Collins

The Man Who - Travis

Rockferry - Duffy

Urban Hymns -
The Verve

Brothers In Arms -
Dire Straits

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/brits-2010/vote/

Just shows how crap music has been on the whole in the last 30 years, compared to the 30 years that preceeded. You could probably get a better list than that for a single year in the 70s or 60s.

As its voted by the people no doubt Dido will win.

Actually, having singled out Dido, it has to be said that the rest of the shortlist is pretty p*sspoor, other than WTSMG and Rush of Blood.

Matt

Could they have compiled a worse list if they'd asked my Mum?

I bought Duffy's ALbum (£6 from tesco special edition) and she has basically 3 good songs on an album of 16 ! I think Nap's is right im votong Phil if they are the only choices :S

Fraid not...but Phil should trounce them.

Lord Philip of Collins should win, and 'Invisible Touch' would be a worthy runner-up. I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, rather than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Hi Rusty, I see you managed to hack Naps' account. I did warn him that having "BOOBS" as a password was a mistake....

It's actually 'TITS' but you were close.

Sound Affects - The Jam 1980
More Specials 1980
Absolutely - Madness 1980

1979 was a corker though
Debut Albums from The Undertones, Joy Division, Madness, The Specials and the Beat
plus Londons Calling and Setting Sons

"This man was my bombers, my dexy's, my high..."

Sound Affects - The Jam 1980
More Specials 1980
Absolutely - Madness 1980

1979 was a corker though
Debut Albums from The Undertones, Joy Division, Madness, The Specials and the Beat
plus Londons Calling and Setting Sons

Talking 1980 - :O 30 blimmin' years ?! - let us not forget the might of Kevin Rowland's 'new soul vision.' See top left corner for Dexy's Midnight Runners' debut with 'Searching For The Young Soul Rebels.' :clap:

"I can't find 'em anywhere, where have you hidden 'em..." (from 'There, There My Dear')

Back