• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WFCWolfsMouth

Hi guys,

I write a blog on Watford (www.inthewolfsmouth.com) and am writing an update on how all of our loanees are doing.

Obviously, Britt's had quite a good run of goals, as he had everywhere he's gone on loan, but I was wondering what you all think of him as a player. In his few first team appearances last season he was a bit of a rabbit caught in the headlights - which was understandable - so we never got to see what kind of player he really is.

Any opinions on him would be great.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

He's crap.

Once his loan expires you should definitely release him except if we are still under embargo, when you should allow us to extend his loan further

Hope that helps:winking:

yeh in our first game he looked very average but as he has got to know the players and the way we play he has become a very good threat infront of goal in every game he has played since, looks a great player at this level and also works very hard off the ball as well.

He is terrific. Good strength/pace/movement/awareness. That in mind, he will certainly benefit for being with us for hopefully a successful season.

Seems to be improving weekly playing 90 minutes.

Good first touch, strong, half decent at holding the ball up and works his socks off. Didn't see a huge amount from him until the Northampton game really but since then (and a very well taken goal) his confidence has grown and performances improved.

He's awful , but as you're a nice friendly club , and so are we , we'll do you a favour and keep him for the season.
We'll even take him on a 'free' if it really will help

He has ability for sure. Last couple of games he has been up against good defenders and the have kept him relatively quiet. In L2 of course you also come up against some donkeys!! and certainly Britt has the strength, skill and speed to take advantage.

Suspect at the moment in the Championship he would come against much better defenders and he would I can see struggle at times. I would say he is a couple of years from being a frequent fixture in the watford team but I think he will make it.

For now he does seen to be a handful for the likes of Dagenham and Chelteham town!

The next Ronaldo. Give him a new 5 year deal on £80,000 a week. Better then most of them Italians you have anyway

He's rubbish. All his goals have just hit him and rebounded in. Very lazy, and can't head a ball. Calls for the long pass, but it hits his shins and goes straight to the opposition. Probably benefit if he stays here a lot longer.

He still needs to develop
On saturday Excreter had done their homework and knew to stick close when the ball came to him with his back to goal and not let him turn. Big strong CBs got close and stopped him playing
Like a lot of quick kids he is dangerous when facing goal and he needs the rest of this season learning how to turn a League 2 Lump before he can progress to troubling Championship defenders

Well, there are many fans who are very clear that he is a good player and some rave about him. I'm a little less sure but am happy to be convinced otherwise.

He struggled to begin with but that was in a team that itself was struggling in the first few games. He puts the effort in which is always a good place to start and a "lucky break" at Northampton -intercepted a way ward back pass and his shot hit the post and went in (skill or luck discuss?) - seemed to be both what was required for Southend and Assombalonga.

Since then he has developed into a handy Division 4 player - you Watford people will remember the old Division 4 days. Seen him score a few and quite frankly miss a few - but that happens to the best. Good at running the channels, gets himself into the box/dangerous areas and shows some pace at times.

Clearly the point of him being on loan is to get experience and time on the pitch and he is doing that. I like the way we play when Assombalonga is on the pitch but I would have him on the bench if we (Southend) had all our squad fit ..... but then he wouldn't be here on loan, would he ........

Tell you what we will do a like for like swap, You give us Bongo, and you can have the talented CF in Blair Sturrock who is currently without a club.

I Cannot help but stress to you how your side of the bargain completely out does ours!

Can't really say anything more positive than has been said. One negative I would say is that he doesn't like defenders touching him, he goes down far too easily when it would be better to stay on his feet, it was very apparent against Exeter.

Terrible player. His 1st touch is awful. His 2nd touch is normally a tackle. Got lucky by tapping in a few sitters, set up by our best player Luke Prosser, who finds him with ease with his wonderful defence splitting passes. Leave him here, if I was you mate !!

Potentially he can be very good. Pace, aerial ability, workrate and awareness are obvious parts to his game. he's also spoke several times about his willingness to listen and get better. His finishing is pretty impressive considering his age...potentially could be a real good player in the future.

I'm really worried that all these honest views are going to mean that Watford don't want him back and that we're just gonna end up being stuck with him.

Back