• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Britt Assombalonga

That's a lot of money. I can't stand Peterborough personally, basically a club our size or smaller that got lucky with a decent owner while we got Ron.

Perhaps although MacAnthony has implemented a pretty decent business model considering the amount of players they have sold for big money.

Over inflated price that. He is nowhere near worth over a million pounds. He hasn't proved himself at a higher level than league two.

Over inflated price that. He is nowhere near worth over a million pounds. He hasn't proved himself at a higher level than league two.
think £200,000 was more like his price tag as you say he still has to do it at a higher level eh:thumbsup:

Chairman reckons they smashed the £1.1mil record fee. Madness. I don't think anyone would agree he's at the same level Freddy was for us when he joined Wolves for £1.5mil.

Good luck to him, but that's crazy, crazy money for someone with half a good season at league 2 level under their belt.

I think it's crazy money, but I don't think 'only' having 1 season at L2 is a big issue. He's a well rounded striker with a lot of weapons... quick, skillful, strong and surprisingly good in the air. He's also hard working, seems a nice sensible lad and is intelligent on the pitch. With a bit of luck and lot of hard work, I don't see why he can't progress to be a very decent striker. Posh will have looked at him and thought that they could bag a 25 goal a season striker who they could sell for big money in the future. it's a gamble, but it was the only time that they could buy him - if they waited for him to start scoring at CCC or even L1, then he'd be out of their price range.

I guess Watford couldn't refuse at that price. Whilst I wish the lad well, I have to say I'm surprised they have paid that sort of money for him. That said, Peterborough do have a good recent record with strikers, so maybe they are seeing something I'm not.

I certainly agree with others that Britt isn't worth the price tag that has been mentioned although they are paying/gambling on his potential.

In 2/3 years it could look like a bargain or money thrown away.

Good luck to him though, always put in the effort for us. Will have good players around him this year with sadly much better service.

They definitely paid more than a million for Tyrone Barnett so if they're saying this beats that fee then maybe there are lots of bonuses and clauses built in for promotion/goals/etc.

Good luck to Britt showed glimpses of real talent last season,that goal at Plymouth springs to mind,Peterborough seem to have paid very big money for a player with only a limited experience in league 2.Be lot of pressure on him now.

Britt has just score after 9 minutes into his debut.

Britt scores his 2nd league goal in as many games.

Made it 3 in 3 today, and won a penalty. Now we know why they paid so much for him! Have said since early on in his loan spell here that he has a bright future.

Its going well for Britt and he is showing he has real talent.I think Peterborough will probably go up this season they are a yo yo club between league 1 and championship.

Back