• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Britt Assombalonga

Your right Pubey, and Britt himself said he learnt a lot during his time here which was good for his development. He also has the backing of a lovely family as Kay mentioned. I'm sure he will go on to an even higher level and good luck to him.

His 2 goals yesterday were superb. I wish the kid well and if he can keep going like he is I don't think it'll be long until Championship and even Prem clubs start sniffing.

I'm not sure we developed him as such. We were merely a stepping stone in his transition. He'd played Conference, League Two and now League One. Was he a better player when he left us than when he joined ? Not significantly (partly due to the injury).

I think without a doubt he was a better player for being at Southend due to the fact that he played regular first team football, (something he would not have done at Watford) scored goals and gained valuable experience, including playing at Wembley. Okay he may have got injured but I do not understand how you can say that he did not leave a better player than when he first came to Roots Hall?

It would have been an invaluable experience for him to be part of a first team squad for the whole season for the very first time and I doubt that he'd have hit the ground running in League One like he has this season without that year with us in League Two. But most of his better performances for us were, for one reason or other, in the first half of his loan spell.

I'm not sure we developed him as such. We were merely a stepping stone in his transition. He'd played Conference, League Two and now League One. Was he a better player when he left us than when he joined ? Not significantly (partly due to the injury).
I thought he gave us credit for developing him?

And scores again. His 8th of the season.

The lad is on fire. Really pleased for him as a lot of pressure comes with the price tag but it doesn't seem to be phasing him one bit.

What's happened to Britt of late - the goals seem to have well and truly dried up.

Hope he doesn't mirror last season by setting off early, scoring loads then allowing the season to fade away....I have a cheeky £5 on him to be top scorer in league one.

He is having a real Baron spell. I think you will lose your money if Leon Clarke carries on the way he has. Also the Moose is only 1 goal shy of Britt now.

Gavin Tomlin .... not scored for Port Vale yet.

Didn't even make the squad Saturday, have no idea what's gone on there. Good choice there Tomlin, well at least he will get paid and on time.

Didn't even make the squad Saturday, have no idea what's gone on there. Good choice there Tomlin, well at least he will get paid and on time.

Tomlin is 30 now and sadly when some lower league footballers get to that age they go where the money is rather than where the opportunity to play regularly is. He signed a 2 year deal and has probably doubled his wages with Port Vale so I'm pretty sure he won't mind sitting on the bench too much.

Tomlin had a slow start to his career with us then came good,may be the same at Vale.

Yeah but the sight of Judas on the Wembley pitch puts a downer on it .

Back