• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Britt Assombalonga

Signs for Posh on a massive 4-year deal

Weird that Watford have let him go, he has lot going for him. What kind of ballpark price did they pay?

EDIT: Broke their transfer record, so over £1.1m

It was supposed to have broken Peterboroughs record fee which someone told me was £1.1 million, massive price.

That's a lot of money. I can't stand Peterborough personally, basically a club our size or smaller that got lucky with a decent owner while we got Ron.

I'm slightly surprised that Watford have let him go although they couldn't turn that fee down I guess. He's been with their first team squad in pre-season and has scored a fair few goals, including one hat-trick. Fair play to him, Peterborough always score lots of goals and they'll give him a lot more service than he got here.

Good luck to him, and fair play to his agent who has obviously worked a lot harder than Sean Clohessy's has this summer!

Seems you only need to have to do it for one season to be worth a lot. Although they did just sell Dwight Gayle for a fair whack!

That's a lot of money. I can't stand Peterborough personally, basically a club our size or smaller that got lucky with a decent owner while we got Ron.

I can think of at least 10 other Clubs who are perceived to be far smaller than us who are playing at a higher level than us and are bankrolled by a 'decent' owener - just have a look at Bournemouth as a shining example of that...not only is their owner rich on a whole different level, but he actually has the Club's long term interests at heart...

15 goals in a league season is not amazing for me!!!! This transfer has really shocked me, I thought he was very quiet after his Boxing day injury.

Good luck to him though

Huge gamble for Peterborough (fee and overall 4 year package) - Whilst he did well in patches for us last year he never screamed out "Championship Class" (which is to all intents and purposed what Posh have signed him for). It's an interesting investment for Posh, a million is a lot of money for someone who may not improve beyond his current level, though equally if he does come on in the next year or two they could make a decent profit on him.

I guess they have the funds available, so can afford the gamble.

BBC reporting that Watford also have a first refusal on him as part of the deal.

The amount they're paying seems bonkers to me. But then again the amount that Posh got fro Dwight Gayle (£4.5m and upwards to Palace) was also a bit mad.

I guess Watford were able to drive a decent bargain knowing how much money Posh had washing around.

Back