• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
I know this question has been asked before, but not for the last three months I think, so I thought I would see if anyone has any up to date answers.

A friend of mine has recently moved to a new flat, and is looking to get broadband installed. She has a BT line and is thinking of maybe going for BT as the easy option. But she does want to know if there's anyone else who's better and/or cheaper.

I'm with Sky, but can't recommend that as she hasn't got Sky TV and has no plans to do so. I believe you still have to be a Sky TV customer to get their broadband, don't you?

So, who would you recommend as the best broadband provider on the market currently?

Thanks for your help.

Just about to move to BT.
I don't want to, but the package I am being offered means I'll get free Setanta Sports too.

Basically BT had a deal with our housebuilder to keep our location free of cable. Seems that their ADSL is probably most reliable and near to a service you would get with a cable broadband provider.

TalkTalk offer a good package including calls, if you are in their area.

Avoid Tiscali - they appear to be having some difficulties.

Avoid Tiscali - they appear to be having some difficulties.

Good point, have you heard anything specific?
We're with Tiscali now and the connection keeps dropping. My parents also are with Tiscali in Suffolk and they had no broadband for 4 days last week (they think Tiscali are about to go bust!!!)

I'm with TalkTalk, not great but far better than they used to be. The connection does drop off very once in a while, but soon reconnects.

i'm with tiscali at uni and am hoping it doesnt play up around exam time, with all past papers etc online. it was by far the cheapest option, but might regret it.

Tiscali are currently threatening to take me to Court for £45. I have told them to stuff it up their backsides as I have documentation proving I cancelled my subscription and that they failed to honour their side of the contract. They are still pursuing it and I will just let them carry on. I don't think it will go to Court but if they attempt to black list me as they have also threatened I will take it further.

I had nothing but trouble with them and I am now with BT and am more than happy.

ADSL24, they are an entanet reseller and very good. You pay for the privelage but UK tech support, no line squeezing. Highly recommend!!!!

Do 3 do home broadband like some of the other phone companies?
The Mrs is on about now pricing up with them as they've got a "free" laptop offer on just now.

I am guessing their Customer Services are in Bombay too though...

Back