• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Broadband speeds - What's yours?

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
I genuinely thought that our home broadband speed would dip down with the world and it's brother on lockdown and many of those working from home. I'm with BT on a copper telephone line and our line speed has maintained 45 mbps download speed and 12mbps upload speed. Those speeds are more than enough for our needs and I'm getting speeds that are equal to pre lockdown. How's yours doing?

36.6, the best I’ve ever had was with Virgin which was 136 but can’t get that in Braindead.

26.5Mb download
17.0Mb upload

That's the best it's been for a while. Roll on FTTH.

I genuinely thought that our home broadband speed would dip down with the world and it's brother on lockdown and many of those working from home. I'm with BT on a copper telephone line and our line speed has maintained 45 mbps download speed and 12mbps upload speed. Those speeds are more than enough for our needs and I'm getting speeds that are equal to pre lockdown. How's yours doing?

I get the exact same speed as you and the speed hasn't degraded at all, I'm in Eastwood. Just waiting for CityFibre to finish up the work in my area then I'll be ordering Vodafone Gigafast, will probably go for the 900/900 service.

I get the exact same speed as you and the speed hasn't degraded at all, I'm in Eastwood. Just waiting for CityFibre to finish up the work in my area then I'll be ordering Vodafone Gigafast, will probably go for the 900/900 service.

My previous contract (a year ago now) was with City Fibre...really nice company, and really nice people. I checked our office speeds. They were always at least 890 up and down.

Last edited:
I'm in awe. Do you need that speed?

Not really! We’ve been with them since they were telewest and had their top speed (at the time) package of 2Mbs. Just been automatically upgraded over the years! Is great for downloading stuff while streaming and online gaming all at the same time! ?

Back