• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Broken

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Southend I love you with every bone in my body I am on my way home and it's just sank in that we are down I just want to breakdown and wish I could wake up and we still be a league 1 side, sod England sod the world cup sod you ron aswell

yours forever Southend

true blue

a broken man today

Last edited:
Not broken TB. damaged, - repairable.
we'll be back, and this wont be the last time this happens.
Chin up, were still in business

Southend I love you with every bone in my body I am on my home and it's just sank in that we are down I just want to breakdown and wish I could wake up and we still be a league 1 side, sod England sod the world cup sod you ron aswell

yours forever Southend

true blue

a broken man today

Don't know you personally Scott, but I see you at every away game and the home games we attend. You did a fantastic job on that drum today. Keep the faith mate. We are Southend and we will be back. The club needs lads like you.

Its been coming for a long time, I don't real feel anything at the moment all the **** has happened the last 6 months has almost left me numb!!

I share your pain brother, we all do.

But, we will come back hungrier and stronger next season. Of that I have no doubt. This has been a stark learning curve for those in charge. You must not chase a future dream whilst neglecting the present reality. It will and indeed has turned into an all to real nightmare.

United we stand.

UTB.

I share your pain brother, we all do.

But, we will come back hungrier and stronger next season. Of that I have no doubt. This has been a stark learning curve for those in charge. You must not chase a future dream whilst neglecting the present reality. It will and indeed has turned into an all to real nightmare.

United we stand.

UTB.

Hi TB, agree with Smiffy - it hurts now, but we hope that the powers that be will feel it too and learn from it, build again and come back wanting that promised land of the Championship even more.
It does not make it any easier, I know, but you need times like these to help you appreciate the great ones.
Hang in their TB and look forward to those good times again.
They will be back!

Oi Scotty you should of been going 25 years ago.This would of been just another season at Roots Hall.And as we all said then, see ya next season, cause we knew we had a good chance of going back up.

Today is the first time I have felt this low/depressed about a relegation. Most have seen this coming for quite a few months & today is just the confirmation of the inevitable.

So why do I feel so bad? Probably because I have seen a team dismantled, stripped, murdered & ***** (I can't use the R word!) just to fund a brand new Bentley. Sod the club, sod the mug punters who part with their hard earnt cash, sod everybody who doesn't agree with TefRon Martin, seems to be the attitude.

THAT is why a team, that was a tight unit & fought for each other to the 95th minute (how many late goals did we used to score?!) & was our team that we could be proud of, were relegated today.

Ron you better deliver your promises, as at the moment you are ranked lower than Anton & Vic!

UTB!

Today is the first time I have felt this low/depressed about a relegation. Most have seen this coming for quite a few months & today is just the confirmation of the inevitable.

So why do I feel so bad? Probably because I have seen a team dismantled, stripped, murdered & ***** (I can't use the R word!) just to fund a brand new Bentley. Sod the club, sod the mug punters who part with their hard earnt cash, sod everybody who doesn't agree with TefRon Martin, seems to be the attitude.

THAT is why a team, that was a tight unit & fought for each other to the 95th minute (how many late goals did we used to score?!) & was our team that we could be proud of, were relegated today.

Ron you better deliver your promises, as at the moment you are ranked lower than Anton & Vic!

UTB!

Quite the opposite for me, maybe ive just seen this too happen too often. maybe im just putting into perspective the glories of the last few years alongside the hideous mediocrity I have seen for many years ever since i was young, or maybe its because, we've gone down but theres still a chance of a new stadium, and we still have Tilson in charge. Ive been pretty much moved to tears in the past when we got relegated. this time I feel saddened, yet somehow numbly optimistic.

for me the time to get depressed is if this time next year we are near the bottom of league 2, after watching a spineless talentless squad lose all the time, with no new stadium on the horizon, and a load of northern monkeys in the team with a manager devoid of inspiration..
Fingers crossed that we uncover a few non league gems that click. we mount a serious challenge, and we get the joy of promotion. Im skeptical at the moment, but hope we have a big clearout, and get some passion back into the squad.

Keep the Faith

Oi Scotty you should of been going 25 years ago.This would of been just another season at Roots Hall.And as we all said then, see ya next season, cause we knew we had a good chance of going back up.

Next year in the 4th Division, there will be a sharper focus on what needs to be acomplished. No more, are we shooting for the Championship? Do we need to consolidate in League One ? The brief is simple, get out of League 2 asap.

Tilly will know what needs to be done and that his future depends on it.

The biggest problem will be the drop in crowd size and revenue. I get back to England 2 or 3 times a year and work my time around Shrimpers games. Even this season I've seen some great games at the Hall with crowds of 9-10 thousand. Surely that will be 4-6 thousand next season.

I think crowds will only go lower than 5k if we are struggling. If we are play-offs/auto spots then 6-8k will be the norm. We have great fans and Ron Martin should count himself very lucky that we stick by the club regardless of the **** he dishes out.

The lowest i have ever been was last time we were relegated when we lost away at york city and sitting on the coach having been relegated , i was deverstated.

After 6-7 seasons in the basement a new fairy tale started. One that took us full circle back to the championship and now back again. In that time york city have languished in the conference.

I know where i would rather have been. That doesnt for one moment mean that i am happy with our predicament nor do i know what happens next, but things could be worse.

UTB!

And that sir,. is lower then a snakes belly in a submarine.

Hi TB, agree with Smiffy - it hurts now, but we hope that the powers that be will feel it too and learn from it, build again and come back wanting that promised land of the Championship even more.
It does not make it any easier, I know, but you need times like these to help you appreciate the great ones.
Hang in their TB and look forward to those good times again.
They will be back!

Dinner would cheer me up - fancy it ;)?

Its a new day and things as always look slightly better - look out league two SUFC are coming to dry "R-word" the lot of you!!!

UP THE BLUES

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite the opposite for me, maybe ive just seen this too happen too often. maybe im just putting into perspective the glories of the last few years alongside the hideous mediocrity I have seen for many years ever since i was young, or maybe its because, we've gone down but theres still a chance of a new stadium, and we still have Tilson in charge. Ive been pretty much moved to tears in the past when we got relegated. this time I feel saddened, yet somehow numbly optimistic.

for me the time to get depressed is if this time next year we are near the bottom of league 2, after watching a spineless talentless squad lose all the time, with no new stadium on the horizon, and a load of northern monkeys in the team with a manager devoid of inspiration..
Fingers crossed that we uncover a few non league gems that click. we mount a serious challenge, and we get the joy of promotion. Im skeptical at the moment, but hope we have a big clearout, and get some passion back into the squad.

I accept that there a lot of sense in what you say mate, but like a lot of people on here, I've been watching Southend for 35 years when I moved to the town. I moved to the town as a supporter of a big club & fell in love with these strange fans who suffer seeing their play mediocre football week in week out. When eventually the good season comes along, like 1980/1, it feel like how a junkie going through cold turkey, who finally gets his fix. As the years go by I get sucked in more & more & enjoy it even more. I miss my fix every Saturday & hate the summer months, despite loving my cricket, I would rather go to watch my club that I have suffered with for most of the last 35 years.

I may not be a Southender by birth, by I consider myself one & I like most of my Shrimpers, wanted to believe TefRon Martin & live the dream of him building the bollocks of a stadium, Tilly AND Brush having a warchest to spend & doing a Hull City or Reading. Instead we have gone back to crap we had under all the other greedy Chairmen & gone back to the lowest tier having tasted the promised land.

That is why I'm depressed & angry this morning, despite it being my birthday!

Back