• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Bromley v Southend United, Sunday 26th December, 5.20pm KO, NL (Live on BT Sport)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • John White

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • Josh Coulson

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Lewis Gard

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Zak Brunt

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Matt Dennis

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 45 71.4%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Win

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 31 49.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With a heavy heart I’m not going to the Boxing Day fixture for the first time in eons (last year excepted). Writing the HK Covid travel restriction rules would occupy a lengthy thread of its own and the rules pretty much change every day.

The short version is that the Covid test on arrival has a lower threshold than the entire rest of the world. Tick that box and, symptomatic or not I’m in a government hospital until I pass a PCR test followed by 14 days in a post Covid government designated hotel.

Even without that I face a PCR test within 48 hours of departure, a PCR test on arrival, 4 days in government quarantine followed by 17 days in a designated quarantine hotel. I then have a PCR test EVERY one of those 21 days followed by another one on day 26. Fail any of those and the cycle in the previous paragraph applies.

As it currently stands airlines are either being banned for 2 weeks if they bring in more than 4 positive Covid cases in 7 days or just pulling out of the route. As of today Virgin are in the middle of a 2 week Ban, Cathay ban started today and BA have pulled out of the route until the end of Jan at the earliest, so no direct Heathrow to HK flights exist at the moment. My route is via Finnair but inevitably people are switching to that and inevitably that will fall foul of the HK travel rules and be banned for 2 weeks.

I’m due to leave on 2nd January but I suspect that won’t happen. I could be stuck here for weeks because as soon as Omi spreads in HK they will pretty much ban all international flights even for residents like me.

And this is the short version. I wish I was joking.

So I’ll be trying to stream this, damn leaving my fire stick in HK! I will take a draw
Watch on bt it's free

Anyone know the rules in terms of COVID? Not been fully jabbed yet, so guessing I need to do proof of lateral flow?

Are there any 'rules' about a Covid positive at a club, and therefore, how many have to be ruled out before a game is called off?
Logically, it needs just one, surely?

Even one leaves the rest susceptible.

I remember Eastleigh manager Ben Strevens going off the deep end with no thought for diplomacy or niceties when his team were the last ones to play before Lockdown 1 in March 2020.

He reckoned Eastleigh were strong armed into playing because it was a TV fixture.

Have heard it's Ferguson who tested positive the other day, so would be surprised to see him tomorrow. That shifts my expectations from "I'd take a point" to "I would sodding love a point from tomorrow".

Are there any 'rules' about a Covid positive at a club, and therefore, how many have to be ruled out before a game is called off?
Logically, it needs just one, surely?

Even one leaves the rest susceptible.

I remember Eastleigh manager Ben Strevens going off the deep end with no thought for diplomacy or niceties when his team were the last ones to play before Lockdown 1 in March 2020.

He reckoned Eastleigh were strong armed into playing because it was a TV fixture.
Bromley had 6 or 7 last week in the cup and played a number of their under23 players.

lets be positive today with our bank hols record.. im one for calling out the reality of the situ and the promises made..but today im throwing all that out the window and going for a win for kev and the lads... score first and hold on to a 1-0 win...its xmas and ive started on the sauce to early... up the blues!

Gutted I’m not going to be there, love a Boxing Day game and green with envy of all those going. Hopefully we get 3 points and the team give us a late Christmas gift!

So Fergie is not available, hmm, that changes my team ideas hugely, as unlike some, I rate him high on the list of what we have at present.

I would give the younger midfielders the "stage" and play a 4 3 3
With a central middy of Brunt, and Phillips and Gard alongside him.
And play with 3 forwards, who need to rotate, drop back, make runs, swap etc.

The pitch will be heavy after all the rain (it is grass isn't it?), our backs will be hoofing it long. Pace, awareness, enthusiasm, energy, tempo, responsibility all need to be higher.

So Fergie is not available, hmm, that changes my team ideas hugely, as unlike some, I rate him high on the list of what we have at present.

The pitch will be heavy after all the rain (it is grass isn't it?), our backs will be hoofing it long. Pace, awareness, enthusiasm, energy, tempo, responsibility all need to be higher.
Sorry 3G.

Not a big loss! He's Not good enough and lazy! Don't need him.

Back