• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a Shrimper

Schoolboy
Brown admits on I Player regarding Moshsn's position at Wembley "Maybe it was wrong.

Our new manager Phil Brown has just admitted on the Blues I Player, when being interviewed about the Rochdale game to come, that at Wembley Bilel Mohsni's playing position might have been wrong. "In hindsight maybe it was the wrong decision."

Give him a chance, he is man enough to admit mistakes, unlike many other managers or people who use Shrimper Zone!

He hardly knows his players yet. :sad:

Our new manager Phil Brown has just admitted on the Blues I Player, when being interviewed about the Rochdale game to come, that at Wembley Bilel Mohsni's playing position might have been wrong. "In hindsight maybe it was the wrong decision."

Give him a chance, he is man enough to admit mistakes, unlike many other managers or people who use Shrimper Zone!

Which is EXACTLY why he should have been the bigger man and honoured what was agreed between RM and PS and let Sturrock take charge at Wembley

Or taken advice from Coughlan on it, can't believe Coughlan would have recommended for him to start in midfield above Lund or Leonard.

Or took 5 minutes to read Shrimperzone - there were thousands of pages devoted to exactly why Bilel should no way start on Sunday , especially in centre midfield!

Or took 5 minutes to read Shrimperzone - there were thousands of pages devoted to exactly why Bilel should no way start on Sunday , especially in centre midfield!

Indeed. The wee birdie could have given him a tip off before he left! :winking:

PB should have known better,I still think Bilel can do a very decent job either as CB or up top as target man.

If Brown wasn't at least man enough to ask PS for some advice then it confirms my suspicions, he is a complete and utter ego maniac, his very public on field after match berating of his players at Hull says it all. He won't last long, will be gone before the start of next season imo.

If Brown wasn't at least man enough to ask PS for some advice then it confirms my suspicions, he is a complete and utter ego maniac, his very public on field after match berating of his players at Hull says it all. He won't last long, will be gone before the start of next season imo.

:hilarious:

Our new manager Phil Brown has just admitted on the Blues I Player, when being interviewed about the Rochdale game to come, that at Wembley Bilel Mohsni's playing position might have been wrong. "In hindsight maybe it was the wrong decision." O

But Coughlan does though....

Which is EXACTLY why he should have been the bigger man and honoured what was agreed between RM and PS and let Sturrock take charge at Wembley

Coughlan knows the players.

I can't believe after watching the Moshni playing in midfield against Fleetwood he picked him there again, that worries me.

What worries me more is Brown did nothing to change the midfield, even after the 2nd goal went in, anyone & everyone could see Mohsni looked like a headless chicken, just running round & getting in everyones way, Mkandawire must have been glad to see him go off!

Sturrock said his side would have had 4 changes to the PB line up, im guessing Reeves, Leonard, Corr & Phillips would have all started in place of Barker, Mohsni, Tomlin & Straker.........

Giving us a line up of:

smith
clohessy phillips cresswell prosser
Hurst mkanda Leonard reeves
britt corr

Worrying that he basically picked 3 defenders in 3 of the 4 midfield slots. What did he think Straker was going to offer on the left wing ahead of Reeves or Leonard? He's bigged up Freddy in public but gave him 10 mins or so.

What worries me more is Brown did nothing to change the midfield, even after the 2nd goal went in, anyone & everyone could see Mohsni looked like a headless chicken, just running round & getting in everyones way, Mkandawire must have been glad to see him go off!

Sturrock said his side would have had 4 changes to the PB line up, im guessing Reeves, Leonard, Corr & Phillips would have all started in place of Barker, Mohsni, Tomlin & Straker.........

Giving us a line up of:

smith
clohessy phillips cresswell prosser
Hurst mkanda Leonard reeves
britt corr

Cant see how Sturrock would have left Tomlin out, that would have been as bad a decision as putting Mohsni in, he was our best player.

Shrimperzone and the Great Gift of Hindsight.
Title of my new book.

I think most people were disappointed he had been selected there before the game to be fair.

There have been people saying he should play in the middle on here before but Ive always said he doesnt have the attributes you need.

I think we all know that Bilel Mohsni has certain attributes which can at times make him an asset to the team in certain positions. Central midfield is so obviously not one of those positions. In midfield he looks like he's just a bloke running around a field. He definitely does not look like a professional footballer and it genuinely puzzles me that a professional manager cannot see this within five minutes.

What really surprised me about Mohsni's selection is that having put him in the team we didn't utilise him in a way that made the most of the things that he does bring to the side. The few times we troubled Crewe in the play-offs last year were typically when we were launching throws and goal kicks up to Mohsni who would peel off against one of the full-backs. Every time we got a set-piece on Sunday someone should have been dropping into central midfield allowing Mohsni to get into a position to be used. Instead he'd just stand looking completely lost in the middle of the field.

Back