• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown 'bitterly disappointed' with Blues' display in Trophy exit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with having a good squad is not having a good TEAM. When we have a good starting 11 that is confident of winning every game, then we can crow about a decent squad behind that team. That first team is good enough to go up but how many times can they play together till the end of the season. Just like last year, when Phil assembled his favourites we were flying, only at the back end of the season did we realise the squad wasnt good enough. Lets just get another 3 points and give Drizzle a drubbing.

We have a squad with enough experience to be in the top 3 and that isn't something that can really be argued against. Trouble is, Brown, for one reason or another isn't getting the best from this squad. If you are happy with 9th then that's good but I feel with a different manager, and before you say who, that's not my decision, we could easily be top 3. A manager that motivates, that plays a style that suits the squad we have. A manager that doesn't call the players out publicly, that takes responsibility. Of course the other issue you know about but still haven't replied too as well. That can't help matters

You replied to my post but didn't actually answer it........... Is 9th in Lg1 really a problem? We're Southend United not Manchester United. Some people need to get a grip. A few years ago we were playing away to some real (no disrespect) lowly clubs. For me, that was a problem for Southend United, it's not now that we're playing some big clubs....

All you moaners come out when we lose, it's so noticeable. When we win, half don't come on here and congratulate the team.

You replied to my post but didn't actually answer it........... Is 9th in Lg1 really a problem? We're Southend United not Manchester United. Some people need to get a grip. A few years ago we were playing away to some real (no disrespect) lowly clubs. For me, that was a problem for Southend United, it's not now that we're playing some big clubs....

Are you happy with 9th? If we finish 9th, it ruins your big Brown selling point that he improves our league position every season and that won’t make you a happy Leoblue

Are you happy with 9th? If we finish 9th, it ruins your big Brown selling point that he improves our league position every season and that won’t make you a happy Leoblue

I'd be ok with 9th, it's better than 24th so yes I would be. I'd prefer top 6 but I'm a realist, we're Southend United not Man U. Stop your personal vendetta against PB cloud your realistic view of the club you support.

I'd be ok with 9th, it's better than 24th so yes I would be. I'd prefer top 6 but I'm a realist, we're Southend United not Man U. Stop your personal vendetta against PB cloud your realistic view of the club you support.

My realistic view is we have the squad good enough to challenge for promotion but sadly not the manager

So 9th in Lg1 is a problem???????????????

It's you that has brought up the anti Brown business. I asked why people thought we weren't performing as many think/hope we would. Is 9th ok? Well if that's what we want to settle for but, and I am no seer, I believe we will finish below 9th. Time will tell on that one. Oh, and I do congratulate the team on a win and come on here, win, lose or draw. I actually believe a number of the players are letting the manager down too.

We have a squad with enough experience to be in the top 3 and that isn't something that can really be argued against. Trouble is, Brown, for one reason or another isn't getting the best from this squad. If you are happy with 9th then that's good but I feel with a different manager, and before you say who, that's not my decision, we could easily be top 3. A manager that motivates, that plays a style that suits the squad we have. A manager that doesn't call the players out publicly, that takes responsibility. Of course the other issue you know about but still haven't replied too as well. That can't help matters

My realistic view is we have the squad good enough to challenge for promotion but sadly not the manager

Probably several thousands fans who could argue the point but of course there would be absolutely no point.

If you were realistic you never know you might actually enjoy being a fan of Southend United.

You didn't even enjoy the promotion season because in your world, "We should have walked L2".

You didn't like last season but we finished above our budget in 7th and scored more goals than any of Dave Webb's teams. For those of us who go to actually support our team we saw some cracking games home and away.

Rigs by u r a master with words ,the only thing I would add ,what's happened 2 the football ( xcept ) Blackburn ,& the goals ?

Probably several thousands fans who could argue the point but of course there would be absolutely no point.

If you were realistic you never know you might actually enjoy being a fan of Southend United.

You didn't even enjoy the promotion season because in your world, "We should have walked L2".

You didn't like last season but we finished above our budget in 7th and scored more goals than any of Dave Webb's teams. For those of us who go to actually support our team we saw some cracking games home and away.

I am realistic enough to think that the squad Brown has assembled is good enough to be in the top 3. If you think 9th is realistic, then you can't think that Brown has put together a very good squad

I have never ever said I didn't enjoy the promotion season. You can enjoy something but at the same time you can also think it could have been better. You have made this up, how many other things you say are made up?

Budget or no budget, we had quality players like Cox, Fortune, Ranger and Ferdinand, I don't care what Brown tells you when you collect the rent, you don't have a small budget and sign players like that

As Stan33 says, you are all words but with no real facts to back anything up.

Thank God this division is packed with average sides who can all beat each other.

If there were a strong 8-10 teams I feel we wouldn't be in 9th position.

I am realistic enough to think that the squad Brown has assembled is good enough to be in the top 3. If you think 9th is realistic, then you can't think that Brown has put together a very good squad

I have never ever said I didn't enjoy the promotion season. You can enjoy something but at the same time you can also think it could have been better. You have made this up, how many other things you say are made up?

Budget or no budget, we had quality players like Cox, Fortune, Ranger and Ferdinand, I don't care what Brown tells you when you collect the rent, you don't have a small budget and sign players like that

Cox I can believe we shelled out for but we signed Ferdinand outside the transfer window, given it took him so long to find a club I don't believe he's on that big a wage since he wasn't exactly in a strong position, I know we gave him a new contract but I'm skeptical we would have paid too much for him given his age. Ranger again wasn't wanted by anyone else, he knows he won't get another club unless he does well so we probably didn't have to pay much. According to the Coventry forums we were getting an atrocious player in Fortune when we signed him and again we bought him in outside the transfer window, so I imagine he wasn't getting too many other offers. Just because these players used to demand a big wage doesn't mean they still do.

Our budget probably is larger than it's ever been but that's the same for every club because the TV money is higher than ever, I don't believe we're anywhere near the top 6 in budget. Look at Jack Marriott (the guy that scored against us on Tuesday), Peterborough paid Luton £450k for him and no doubt he's on a good wage as well, where's our £450k signing? It's not just Peterborough, Bradford paid Carlisle £260k for their main striker Charlie Wyke. We don't pay money for players and when we do it's nowhere near that sort of fee.

I don't think we have a top-3 squad at all, the defence is far too slow (although Turner positions himself well so maybe he can sort things out and Coker returning will be a big boost), Hendrie seems to be the only player that can put dangerous crosses in, we have one striker that could be expected to get double figures and he's out of form and we have very little cover in any position except centre midfield. We also failed to find an Atkinson like replacement who I think was a big part of why we were so solid last year. This team seems very mid-table to me. A top 3 side is one where you'd think 'if we get promoted we'll only need a few players to avoid relegation next year', out of this squad only Leonard, Coker, Wordsworth (although you'd need cover since he's injury prone) and maybe Oxley would fit that description for me.

Hang on DWB ,I didn't say Rigs was all words ,I wrote he wrote a very good article ,I added what about gualitf of games this season apart Blackburn ,& where have the goals gone !:smile:

You have stated on here on many an occasion how you don't even count the promotion because it was by the skin of our teeth, Should have walked the league, despite Brown not because of him etc etc,,,,,That's not made up that's fact.

Yet now your saying the ageing bad signings should be in the top 3. So if we have signed such a good squad on far less money than Blackburn, Wigan, Bradford, Charlton, Portsmouth etc , tell me Dave is that despite Brown instead of Brown ?

Hang on DWB ,I didn't say Rigs was all words ,I wrote he wrote a very good article ,I added what about gualitf of games this season apart Blackburn ,& where have the goals gone !:smile:

I have seen plenty of good football at RH this season. Then again I don't just judge a game on the result. Blackpool, Peterborough and Oxford for example were all good games. All 3 side were much better than the last time we played them.

All played the game as I like to see it in L1 with both teams going for the win flat out in the last 10.

Yes of course we have had problems putting the ball in the net. Even if we had scored our penalties or a few open goals we would be in the top 6.

So to want a clear out in January as some of the BO boys want is utterly pointless. Not least because for a club like ours January is the worst time to sign players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back