• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown 'bitterly disappointed' with Blues' display in Trophy exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown was left ‘bitterly disappointed’ following his side’s 2-0 defeat at Peterborough United in the Checkatrade Trophy tonight.

More...

God - reading that sounds like PB is thinking of bringing Timlin back to left back.

BTW who played in front of Hendrie yesterday i.e. left midfield?

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown was left ‘bitterly disappointed’ following his side’s 2-0 defeat at Peterborough United in the Checkatrade Trophy tonight.

More...
This is your team Phil , you are responsible , you gave certain players a chance , so what did you see to give them that chance?,

You picked them , and it failed , so where does the responsibility lie ? It lies with you

For gods sake , we couldnt score when they went down to 9 men FFS !!! How bad is that ......

Start taking some responsibility for what you give to this club ....you baffoon ....

God - reading that sounds like PB is thinking of bringing Timlin back to left back.

BTW who played in front of Hendrie yesterday i.e. left midfield?

I said last night that Hendrie was left seriously exposed by McGlashan not doing his defensive duties. Hendrie still showed enough for me to want him at LB on Saturday ahead of Michael Timlin.

Ffs. Why single out hendrie? Loads of them were off the pace last night. Ranger was completely inefficient last night and missed a sitter. Robinson hit the side netting from 3 yards out. We missed what fortune brings last night. Anything knocked up to ranger just came back. He has been abysmal this season.

So why does Brown target hendrie? Because he wants to stick Timlin back in. It's a joke.

I like JW but his positioning/mistake lead to their 1st goal.

McGlashan offered nothing. Didn't hold the ball and didn't even take the ball with him.

If Brown wants to dig someone out individually he should be starting with the front line. Completely ineffective.

Ba looked nowhere near enough for the first team.

Maybe it's time we need to give some of the kids some game time and actually reward those that are pulling up trees for the club. Wabo etc

Ffs. Why single out hendrie? Loads of them were off the pace last night. Ranger was completely inefficient last night and missed a sitter. Robinson hit the side netting from 3 yards out. We missed what fortune brings last night. Anything knocked up to ranger just came back. He has been abysmal this season.

So why does Brown target hendrie? Because he wants to stick Timlin back in. It's a joke.

I like JW but his positioning/mistake lead to their 1st goal.

McGlashan offered nothing. Didn't hold the ball and didn't even take the ball with him.

If Brown wants to dig someone out individually he should be starting with the front line. Completely ineffective.

Ba looked nowhere near enough for the first team.

Maybe it's time we need to give some of the kids some game time and actually reward those that are pulling up trees for the club. Wabo etc

Totally agree with everything said.

Nile Ranger was absolutely ineffective and really Did not push shift in. Ba just ran about but offered very little.
Robinson has actually got worse offers very little, no threat, appears to be losing his pace and could not hit a barn door from a yard..

Wordsworth was non-existent and McGlashen did absolutely nothing.

I feel absolutely sorry for Hendrie who was left totally exposed and did as much as he could But appeared to be marking 2 or more players every time the ball came forward.

Ferdinand and White, as a centre half pairing was awful and for their first goal John White was out of position and just held his hand up hoping for an offside. I could not even make out where Ferdinand was!

Surely Turner needs game time.

Peterborough looked fitter, sharper and were more up for it and for Phil Brown to say we had loads of chances against 9 men when their injury took place just about sums him up.

He picks the team and then blames them looking for excuses all along the way when there is only one person to blame.

Absolutely abysmal performance by a very, on last nights performance, mediocre squad.

And just to add, I sincerely hope Ryan Leonard gets his move. He surely deserves it with the chance to play at a higher level, He has worked so hard since he has been here and God how we miss him when he is not there, and I am sure our next manager could do with the money!

My contact at Northampton says Jack Bridge has been the best player on the training ground since he joined , and is not just pulling up trees but whole forests. They cannot believe we dont want him + are gutted theyve got to wait until January to sign him .

Just saying .....:whistling:

Reading that I don't think Brown cared if we went out, he seemed to be treating it as a glorified friendly to give fringe players a chance to impress.

I know that people on here have been talking about how it's a potential money spinner but is it really? The prize money might be £10000 for a win but considering tickets at £20 would earn £10000 in revenue if 500 people went to the match I'm not convinced a game that attracts several thousand people less than a league match actually is that financially beneficial.

My contact at Northampton says Jack Bridge has been the best player on the training ground since he joined , and is not just pulling up trees but whole forests. They cannot believe we dont want him + are gutted theyve got to wait until January to sign him .

That's because he is off the PB naughty step and a fresh start. Good luck to the lad.

Because Brown never admits he is wrong ....

I can't wait until we get a forward thinking more dynamic manager in who has the same ethos when signing players.

Posh were everything we are not. Young, hungry and attack minded.

I can't wait until we get a forward thinking more dynamic manager in who has the same ethos when signing players.

What do suggest get Barry Fry back as director of Football. Their mangers don't sign the players none of them are in charge long enough.

They have a system that we cant' afford anyway. You have to risk several £m to find some sell on assets. We couldn't risk £1m on Tyrone Barnett and then sell him for £100,000.

Did you see that lad who came on as sub.... Ricky Miller, he certainly looked like he'd been doing something about his 'hunger' with plenty of trips to the fridge.

People were whinging on here In the summer about why can't we sign a 40 non league goals a season superstar. If we had the zone would be in meltdown. By the way players who command a£250,000 fee also want top wages as well because they are already the biggest earner at their non league club.

And still only one point above us in the league.

But yes, last night was dross. Here's to righting that wrong on Saturday...

:cry:

Reading that I don't think Brown cared if we went out, he seemed to be treating it as a glorified friendly to give fringe players a chance to impress.

I know that people on here have been talking about how it's a potential money spinner but is it really? The prize money might be £10000 for a win but considering tickets at £20 would earn £10000 in revenue if 500 people went to the match I'm not convinced a game that attracts several thousand people less than a league match actually is that financially beneficial.

Yet still no Yearwood or Bwomono.

What a difference a few days make. On Saturday we were all very happy with the performance and optimistic. Oh well, now we can concentrate on the league.

And still only one point above us in the league.

But yes, last night was dross. Here's to righting that wrong on Saturday...

We can't right that wrong Saturday.

We're out of the cup/trophy and we'll still be out of it come Saturday. Obviously we can do better, which by all accounts shouldn't be too difficult.

We can't right that wrong Saturday.

We're out of the cup/trophy and we'll still be out of it come Saturday. Obviously we can do better, which by all accounts shouldn't be too difficult.

I meant the latter - i.e. play less terribly. But as you say, that's not exactly aiming high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back