• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Let me give you:

Danny Kerrigan
Iain O'Connell
Steve Brown
Mickey Engwell
John Seaden
Danny Schneider
Steve Wiggins

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Your forgetting David Mcsweeny?

Well if the lads start or not lets get really behind them ... Its great that PB is giving them a chance lets hope they take it and we get a win tomorrow COYB !!
Of course! This is all about trying to rebuild confidence ahead of next season now

And I think we could all even put up with an extra season here in the league of despair IF we were fielding a number of our youngsters and developing a TEAM around them which could ultimately take us up through the leagues, rather than throwing players on to the pitch to achieve a short term goal (not that we see many of them:winking:).

"Left wing. Genuine wide player, excellent dead-ball delivery. Has a penchant for spectacular goals."

via @RobertCraven82

Hopefully they will get a decent amount of game time and not just left on the bench.

Exactly what we need then! I'd like to see both of them start tomorrow. Let's face it, Reeves won't be here beyond the end of the season and nor will Britt probably, who has been poor recently anyway. Njie and Corr/Tomlin up front.

It's about time we started giving youth more chances. Lots of teams have to rely on youth players due to high wages elsewhere as they're fairly low cost and often a player will develop well when a first team player. I hope they do well.

And I think we could all even put up with an extra season here in the league of despair IF we were fielding a number of our youngsters and developing a TEAM around them which could ultimately take us up through the leagues, rather than throwing players on to the pitch to achieve a short term goal (not that we see many of them:winking:).

I agree with the sentiment - I'd rather watch some home grown youngsters get beaten by Bristol Rovers tomorrow than watch a load of loanees and journeymen get beaten by Bristol Rovers tomorrow....but fielding a number of youngsters doesn't automatically guarantee "developing a team", The young players have to have the potential to develop - otherwise they're just short term youngsters rather than short term senior players.

I think there's something wrong with me - I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow's game. I'd like to see what the boy Pinnock is all about and Seedy Nigel too. I'd give Ryan Leonard a go at Right Back too. Still want to win the game though, meaningless or not.

I imagine that Njie and Pinnock will both start on the bench with Bentley to start.

That said, it does look exactly like PB is making changes for the sake of it.

Comment from Brown on the OS this morning -
“I would’ve like to get Mitch on against Rochdale on Wednesday night but the way the game was going it didn’t allow for it."

If he's waiting for a game that we are comfortably leading before giving him a run out the poor lad could be waiting till he's on his 30's till he makes his debut.

Njie ay??? scored 38 goals in career mode on fifa 13 in his first season for me, on worldclass mode :P yes yes play him he will score :)

Njie ay??? scored 38 goals in career mode on fifa 13 in his first season for me, on worldclass mode :P yes yes play him he will score :)

Scored an extra time winner at Wembley for me to take us into League 1. Play him :winking:

Stockport have built their team around home-grown youngsters. Some of them are very promising and I'm sure will move to bigger clubs in the future.

But look at the Conference table. I'm all for playing young players if they are good enough, but only then. It's good though, in a meaningless game, we are looking to see what these youngsters are about and I hope they get some game time tomorrow.

I've heard some really promising things about Pinnock. Could be a very exciting young player for us, let's hope Brown sees the same and gives him a real chance to succeed.

Sssssssssssssh dont say that - he will be sold asap

I think PB doing the right thing if he giving these youngsters an opportunity,also think he not making changes for the sake of it ,he dropping players who are either out of form or couldnt give a dam about Southend.All loan players should now be sent back to their respective clubs ,unless they are interested in signing for SUFC OR SUFC are interested in signing them.As for the youngsters they must have potential otherwise im sure they wouldnt be getting this opportunity and the more game time they get the more it will help in their developement.Support them and make them feel comfortable and im sure they will repay the club.

Back