• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown: Deegan keeps us on our toes!

LOL the last sentence cracked me up. He really does look like a hard *******!

Interesting article .......... and sounds like Brown isn't chasing Deegan to sign a season long contract either. Timlin is now on the edge of the squad so that adds yet another player to the mix.

Interesting article .......... and sounds like Brown isn't chasing Deegan to sign a season long contract either. Timlin is now on the edge of the squad so that adds yet another player to the mix.

I think PB just wants to ensure that Deegans performances stay at the level they are at.
If he continues performing well and we continue to do well , can't see that he would not sign him up.
Although conversely it also puts Deegan in a stronger negotiating position with us.......and others.

DEEGAN, DEEGAN, DEEGAN!! on what ive seen of him, would love him to sign a longer deal and would keep him in the starting eleven. a real battler, and I think could become a fan favourite.

I think PB just wants to ensure that Deegans performances stay at the level they are at.
If he continues performing well and we continue to do well , can't see that he would not sign him up.
Although conversely it also puts Deegan in a stronger negotiating position with us.......and others.

Think your spot on there. A few players who were excellent during loan spells and then once were signed form dropped away.

Think your spot on there. A few players who were excellent during loan spells and then once were signed form dropped away.

Deegan has had a few clubs and so I think PB is right to try and keep him motivated.

Very much agree.

I quite liked the look of him when I saw him and he brought some bite to the midfield, but lets see him continue over half a dozen games before signing him up.

I think someone on here said a common complaint from fans of his past clubs is that once he has a good deal he stops trying to impress until it is near expiration.

Very much agree.

I quite liked the look of him when I saw him and he brought some bite to the midfield, but lets see him continue over half a dozen games before signing him up.

Understand the approach - another 6 games would take us up to the end of October and include opponents such as Luton, Newport County and Bury. Cripes. There are no easy games are there?

The danger of not offering him a deal is that he continues to play well and someone else comes in with an offer for him. However I'd agree with those who suggest we should treat him mean - he clearly responds well to that!

I for one am delighted that we have finally added a resident skinhead nutcase to our previously, somewhat soggy centre.

I have often criticised the team of being too nice and not possessing the cynical, often nasty side which you, regrettably, need to unleash to survive and thrive at this appalling level.

The danger of not offering him a deal is that he continues to play well and someone else comes in with an offer for him. However I'd agree with those who suggest we should treat him mean - he clearly responds well to that!

No one else can sign him till January so no need to rush.

I have to say I was unsure why we signed him at first as we have a lot of central midfielders but credit to Brown he's definitely added that nasty side that you sometimes need at this level. He's different to the other midfielders we have in the squad and he also adds experience. I haven't seen him play yet but he just looks hard!

Whilst Payne has been excellent, i feel Deegan has been just as important in giving the attacking midfielders the chance to play further up the pitch. The three games he has started certainly bear that out, with three victories coming from them.

Perhaps a pay as you play deal would suit better if his form allegedly drops after earning a contract.

Whilst Payne has been excellent, i feel Deegan has been just as important in giving the attacking midfielders the chance to play further up the pitch. The three games he has started certainly bear that out, with three victories coming from them.

Perhaps a pay as you play deal would suit better if his form allegedly drops after earning a contract.

If we offer an extension til the end of the season then we are hardly giving him opportunity to rest on his laurels, he still needs to perform or he’s out again at the end of the season with another black mark against him when trying to find a contract next summer. Obviously there is the risk of him moving on if he performs the whole season to the high standard he has started, but combative gritty CM’s aren’t the hardest type of player to replace.

Back