• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in?

Votes: 135 40.1%
  • Brown out?

Votes: 202 59.9%

• Total voters
Brexit was a vote of the people.

Brown out is to gauge the consensus of the fans.

Ron Martin will not use this as a tool to make any decision. With that in mind it's hardly a fair comparison.

What is interesting is that just 2 months ago 20% more voted for Brown in.

This shows that he is losing what was once a big backing .

Sorry , you're missing the point !

The fact is the fan base is undecided , meaning that Ron is probably also undecided most likely as well.

The comparison to the Brexit was tongue in cheek to your minority comment.

Yes, the current mood is one of negativity , we win 2 games on the trot and don't concede a goal the poll will be different again. This poll however still states that PB has a lot more people for Brown In than the Brown out people would like..

For your information, I haven't voted , as I'm undecided .. as I want what's best for the club, not what's best for my own personal bias. I've always wanted what's best for the Club and I think my post outlines the actual position I see Ron in at this time.

Sorry , you're missing the point !

The fact is the fan base is undecided , meaning that Ron is probably also undecided most likely as well.

Yes, the current mood is one of negativity , we win 2 games on the trot and don't concede a goal the poll will be different again. This poll however still states that PB has a lot more people for Brown In than the Brown out people would like..

For your information, I haven't voted , as I'm undecided .. as I want what's best for the club, not what's best for my own personal bias. I've always wanted what's best for the Club and I think my post outlines the actual position I see Ron in at this time.

What makes you believe that people have voted with bias?

I have voted for lots of different reasons which have led to an informed decision.

We can vote all we like but its down to RM and PB to sort out. Let them get on with it. The plethora of Brown out threads on here will have no bearing on decisions and I jolly well hope that RM has more idea of whats going on than we do. Bradford up next. Lets look forward to that one.

We can vote all we like but its down to RM and PB to sort out. Let them get on with it. The plethora of Brown out threads on here will have no bearing on decisions and I jolly well hope that RM has more idea of whats going on than we do. Bradford up next. Lets look forward to that one.

Surely that's one of Rons qualities....No chairman should listen to fans. Mike Ashley bring back Keegan for example

Surely that's one of Rons qualities....No chairman should listen to fans. Mike Ashley bring back Keegan for example

To be fair, as you normally demonstrate knowledge from the inside track, I have been expecting you to give an account of what is going on. Perhaps you could enlighten us.

PB needs to rise up from his slough of despond and motivate the team to perform well against Bradford. If we have another dispiriting performance I think he'll give serious consideration to jacking it in and trying to build up his media work. He looks to me like a manager that's had just about enough.

PB needs to rise up from his slough of despond and motivate the team to perform well against Bradford. If we have another dispiriting performance I think he'll give serious consideration to jacking it in and trying to build up his media work. He looks to me like a manager that's had just about enough.

The problem is, in reality, we have to be at the top of our game to beat Bradford and they probably need to have an off day. A rallying cry will do no harm but is unlikely to be enough. So we can look forward to another Zone meltdown come Saturday evening. If we do win, or even draw, it will only be polyfilla. Covering the cracks is not going to put things right. There is apparent subsidence and the squad needs new underpinning. Delaying the inevitable is only going to cause a greater rift. I sincerely hope the manager backs his assertions/convictions and drops those not playing for the badge or earning their corn. If we field a team of young ones that want to play for the club, I for one, will accept a drubbing. I will not accept players doing anything less than their best.

So what happens if Bradford smash us Saturday? Another poor performance

Will the fans turn on the team and PB. Will this be the tipping point for Ronald.

If we win, will that mean a PB reprieve from the crowd.

Personally think the roots hall faithful have been very patient in any criticism , but now appear to be losing patience.

This weekend is a very important game for a number of reasons.

FWIW, I haven't noticed any impatience from those around me at recent games.

Indeed, we haven't lost at home in the league since 17th April.

Fans, especially of us lot, are resilient and hardy souls.

I don't think there's any impatience from the Roots Hall fans - we haven't lost at home for ages. It's the away form that's the problem, the attitude of one or two older players and the state of mental health of the manager.

So what happens if Bradford smash us Saturday? Another poor performance

Will the fans turn on the team and PB. Will this be the tipping point for Ronald.

If we win, will that mean a PB reprieve from the crowd.

Personally think the roots hall faithful have been very patient in any criticism , but now appear to be losing patience.

This weekend is a very important game for a number of reasons.

The fact we have good home form is helping. If we were on the end of a couple of thumping's like we have been on our travels then I think the atmosphere at Roots Hall could turn quite toxic

Lets get Coker back and Kyprianou replacing Anton and then lets see how the team plays. Confidence grows from the back, and if your not confident in your back line, you drop back a bit, leaving gaps between the forwards and midfield.

I'd personally like to see the full strength team for a good 5 games before calling for Browns head

Anyone else think it's strange that after a thrashing the manager blame's everyone but himself and then sends out an un-used sub in Timlin. We all know he's Brown's pet so he was always going to have his back. What would the other players who actually played have said?

For me it's Brown out for so many reasons I can't be bothered to go in to.

Lets get Coker back and Kyprianou replacing Anton and then lets see how the team plays.

I do grow tired of this constant, lets get the injured players back and then judge Brown. Happens every season and has already happened this season already. You need to have a squad that can deal with injuries otherwise it's down to poor management and planning. Injuries are too much of an easy get out clause for Brown which he will gladly use!

I voted in, but if form is still poor after the Christmas period then enoughs enough.

I don't see the logic there at all. Ron won't be undecided because the fan base is. He'll have far more information about the situation than any of us - from many different perspectives including Brown, Cougho and the team - and he'll know full well whether the team are with Brown or otherwise.

The Brexit comparison is a perfect analogy for the divisive, polarised views we take these days on everything. But how can we possibly know the real truth until someone slaps an advert on a ****ing bus?

Back