• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown in or Brown out ?

• Brown in?

Votes: 135 40.1%
  • Brown out?

Votes: 202 59.9%

• Total voters
Irrespective of any poll,the reality is that Brown's contract is up at the end of the season.If no renewal talks are taking place then the Sunderland saga and his comments should come as no surprise as the writing is on the wall for what is going to happen it's just a matter of when.

I think this is where I sit uneasily on PB now.

It's hard to warm to a manager who has such double standards in the way he conducts himself and the way he expects his own players to.

Regardless of whether it's just "playing the media" and so on, he is running out of bridges to burn.

I'll be surprised if he is offered another contract, unless some remarkable results are achieved in the next four months or so.

We have the players capable of achieving these, but do they and just as importantly does PB have the will and desire to make it happen and, ultimately, does RM have the patience.

It's a shame, as I really think 12th in League One and unbeaten at home, with our injury record this season, is a decent return, but expectations are so much higher than this. Rightly or wrongly.

I think this is where I sit uneasily on PB now.

It's hard to warm to a manager who has such double standards in the way he conducts himself and the way he expects his own players to.

Regardless of whether it's just "playing the media" and so on, he is running out of bridges to burn.

I'll be surprised if he is offered another contract, unless some remarkable results are achieved in the next four months or so.

We have the players capable of achieving these, but do they and just as importantly does PB have the will and desire to make it happen and, ultimately, does RM have the patience.

It's a shame, as I really think 12th in League One and unbeaten at home, with our injury record this season, is a decent return, but expectations are so much higher than this. Rightly or wrongly.

Or freeze out.

3437635.jpg

I've just voted (was hanging on for the 'not sure' option).

Interesting results! :smile:

Kyprianou and Turner would be a great CB pairing and Kyp would learn loads from Turner

I can see that .. also a shame Kiernan is currently injured , reckon that would be a good pairing as well, i.e. Turner and Kiernan.

Another reason why the balance of youth and experience for me is a vital ingredient ..

RM won't listen to polls on the zone, but he will listen to less money coming into the club coupled with a more expensive squad.

Last season's average 7400. This season's average 6400.

Even a very low estimate of £10 per ticket. That's 230k down this season just on ticket sales. Add in merchandise and refreshments etc and it's probably closer to 300k + in losses.

That is what RM takes notice of.

RM won't listen to polls on the zone, but he will listen to less money coming into the club coupled with a more expensive squad.

Even a very low estimate of £10 per ticket. That's 230k down this season just on ticket sales. Add in merchandise and refreshments etc and it's probably closer to 300k + in losses.

And your point is?

And your point is?

I think you will find that those figures are the point.

When Steve Kav arrived one of his goals was to increase crowds and the match-day spend.

We have had no decent cup runs so Ron will not be happy with less income on a match day.

If Ron feels someone else could come in and be more successful, increase crowds and generate more income then I think PB is brown-bread either very soon or before it all comes crashing down.

Good job we have some great fixtures coming up. As you know the Christmas crowds always boost those attendances.

With your poll and its surprising result It will be great to get behind our team, so see you down at RH :thumbsup:

And your point is?

I shouldn't worry GYS, he spouts the same thing practically every week.

Besides that, he doesn't have a point, as he is wrong in his statement as currently crowds are actually up on last season by an average of an extra of 212 fans per game.

Also its ridiculous to compare an end of season average to a current one. He may as well said we have only got 28 points this season compared with the 72 points we had last season.

Besides that, he doesn't have a point, as he is wrong in his statement as currently crowds are actually up on last season by an average of an extra of 212 fans per game.

Also its a ridiculous to compare an end of season average to a current one. He may as well said we have only got 28 points this season compared with the 72 points we had last season.

At least we only need about another 23 points to be safe.

Also its ridiculous to compare an end of season average to a current one. He may as well said we have only got 28 points this season compared with the 72 points we had last season.

Is it ridiculous. Do you think we will have a storming second half to the season?

I'm not sure where you going with the digs. I get it. You're happy with the current set up and enjoying what's on show. I'm not and haven't been for a long time. We both support the club and are allowed differing views.

We both would like the club to be successful.

Is it ridiculous. Do you think we will have a storming second half to the season?

I'm not sure where you going with the digs. I get it. You're happy with the current set up and enjoying what's on show. I'm not and haven't been for a long time. We both support the club and are allowed differing views.

We both would like the club to be successful.

I'm not having a dig.

I'm just pointing out you keep making the same incorrect statement about crowd attendance at Roots Hall.

As for having a "storming second half to the season".. although it currently looks unlikely, it's not out of the realms of reality, after all we did pretty well last season, when at one stage we only had 3 losses in 14 games.

As for the current set up (i presume you mean the squad), I wouldn't say i'm happy about it, on paper we should be performing well above what we should be & certainly not being entertained from what I've seen on the pitch from them. But until the January transfer window opens, we can only play with what we've got.

Didn't Brown ask to be judged once he had 'his' team in place?

Well it is now well and truly in place and those that voted have judged.

Those that don't buy tickets have also judged.

But the only judge who matters is RM.

Back