• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Listened to some of this morning and didn't have a problem at all. If nothing else, the profile of Southend United has been raised which can't be a bad thing. I've never been a big fan - but as a couple have said he is our manager. I hope he gets to sign the players he wants, the players relate to his tactics and personality, they play outstanding football and we get promotion. If he gets on the radio to spread the more positive news at the club - then that is a bonus.

Phil Brown on with Alan Brazil in the morning.

The day before a game as well. Shouldnt he be designing tactics or someting in Football Manager ? Outrageous. /sarcasm

Should be worth a listen for those up early enough.

Like him or not, he is the manager of SUFC and as such he should be given total support.

If people don't like him and want him to fail then it must follow the team will fail.

I don't think that is the attitude we should have.
Well said sir, there really are some numpties on this site. Why can't people accept PB and support him and the team. Help and not hinder springs to mind.

Phil Brown has not only demonstrated he is a very capable manager, he is also giving the club much needed exposure in the media. If Southend win promotion this year, I hope we can extend his contract and give him the support he needs to take the club to the Championship league and beyond.

Phil on talkSPORT at the moment on the Alan Brazil show.Only interesting SUFC related comment si far was that results against the top sides we would be 2nd but against the bottom we would be 19th in the League !. Just as well we only have top sides still to play.

With the exception of Bobby Moore is Phil Brown Southend's highest profile manager? I guess Barry Fry could be up there, but only got big attention after his stint with us.

With the exception of Bobby Moore is Phil Brown Southend's highest profile manager? I guess Barry Fry could be up there, but only got big attention after his stint with us.
Fry went on to be a high profile Judas .

good value as ever from Mr Brown, robbie fowler asked if he was keeping up the tan, had a chat with harry redknapp whether to rest players etc prior to the play offs, spokeon some general football issues.

He actually asked Harry what team he should play Saturday. Harry was thinking, I dont know any of your players Phil.
Says he will rest players , then says he will play a full stregth team. Mind games for Bury. They are probably just laughing. He will play a full team I think, because he always does.

He actually asked Harry what team he should play Saturday. Harry was thinking, I dont know any of your players Phil.
Says he will rest players , then says he will play a full stregth team. Mind games for Bury. They are probably just laughing. He will play a full team I think, because he always does.

They will be if we turn up at Bury.

Alan Brazil said to Adrian Clarke this morning that Phil Brown will be his guest again tomorrow morning on his breakfast show starting at 6-00 AM on Talksport.

Back