• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown said the player that impressed him was a Liverpool youngster signed from MK Dons called Sheyi Ojo that reminded him of Daniel Sturridge.

Awesome talent, has been earmarked for big things, would expect him out on loan soon. I think Liverpool will be looking for a championship club though.

[video=youtube;EptD_40x56w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptD_40x56w[/video]

David Brent?... really???... jog on!

At least Phil told us a few things we already know. about Ron, Adam Barrett, the new stadium etc.. How was that speech in any way negative to our club?

Fantastic post from Mr Plow!.. Likes & Fasto Points all round! IMO

Why are people so negative? If you've got nothing good to say...Sshhhhh.

Mr Plow, thank you for posting that, great Q&A.

What was the event?

Good watch. Roots doesn't hold 12k+ though.

Even a full house every week at championship level would be around 11k

Fantastic watch. Comes across really well. Any idea who the lad who was released is?

Didnt like that public blaming the poor start and position, culture, etc all down to Adam Barratt, poor show in that RESPECT, but otherwise entertaining and informative

Didnt like that public blaming the poor start and position, culture, etc all down to Adam Barratt, poor show in that RESPECT, but otherwise entertaining and informative

Except he didn't- he spoke about it being difficult to make a change but he felt he was coming to the end of his career and his legs had gone. No other reason. GC would have had a view and he suffered the same at the end of his career. Now you might say his legs hadn't gone, others on here that his legs had gone a couple of years ago. It's opinions. TBH I am happy for this to be reason rather than anything else- great servant and eventually it happens to everyone. He was playing L1 at 37.

dont think anything he said tarnishes AB.

He is a good talker, no doubt about that, and seems to come over really well in that. A good find :thumbsup:

I loved the irony of the Sam Allardyce story.

A room full of people, assembled to hear the virtues of empowering yourself with education and hard graft and commitment, whilst Big Sam became manager of England by flunking out of school and getting lucky! :winking:

I loved the irony of the Sam Allardyce story.

A room full of people, assembled to hear the virtues of empowering yourself with education and hard graft and commitment, whilst Big Sam became manager of England by flunking out of school and getting lucky! :winking:

Education doesn't stop at school and grades...

Big Sam has been very successfull in his career through hard work and educating himself. School isn't for everyone...:thumbsup:

Probably the most interesting talk I have ever heard from a Southend United manager. Well worth a look.

Agreed. The only negative for me isn't related to PB, but the other guy. Why would anyone pay good money to hear him?

Education doesn't stop at school and grades...

Big Sam has been very successfull in his career through hard work and educating himself. School isn't for everyone...:thumbsup:

Also agreed. Academia isn't for everyone, but succeeding is. There's no shame in learning a trade, whether that be building, carpentry or football. The only thing each and everyone of us should be trying to do is maximise our potential in whatever field we're best in.

The builder doing the work on our house at the moment left me speechless a few weeks ago with his mental arithmetic. I was about 5 minutes behind him. He left school with nothing and became a window fitter. Since then he's built up a business with enough staff to be able to run 5 jobs at any time, and the size of the jobs we're talking about is entire house builds. I have nothing but respect for him. He's a really nice guy too.

Back