• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Although many are unsure of Brown as our manager, the media seem to like him.

@sportsbreakfast: Phil Brown will be cohosting alongside Alan tomorrow and will hear from hollywood legend @SamuelLJackson and Glenn Hoddle. Tune in from 6am!

You speak for every one then do you rib999 .Sorry to tell you not every one dislikes Phil brown

I don't mind pb turning up every now and then to raise the profile of the club. In his case less is definitely more. But with the scale of the job facing him to get us ready for next year I'd rather he got down to business.

Have to say I'm not keen on Brown's media profile, much rather he spent the morning lining up players to sign. That said Brian Clough is my favourite footy manager ever and did media stuff all the time! :smiles:

Like him or not, he is the manager of SUFC and as such he should be given total support.

If people don't like him and want him to fail then it must follow the team will fail.

I don't think that is the attitude we should have.

Drastic™;1536204 said:
Have to say I'm not keen on Brown's media profile, much rather he spent the morning lining up players to sign. That said Brian Clough is my favourite footy manager ever and did media stuff all the time! :smiles:

He can't sign anyone.

Like him or not, he is the manager of SUFC and as such he should be given total support.

If people don't like him and want him to fail then it must follow the team will fail.

I don't think that is the attitude we should have.

Exactly, no matter how many faults people pick in him he is our manager and I am 100% behind him. I really do hope he proves everyone wrong. Fed up of all this negativity towards him before he has had a chance to really prove himself.

He's a semi-regular on Fighting Talk, which is one of my favourite radio shows. He is bloody awful on that.

I laugh at these comments, that he's our manager and should be concentrating on signing players rather than doing media. If I'm right, we are under embargo which at the mo makes it near impossible to attract anyone to the club let alone sign anyone. No one knows what he is doing behind the scenes re new players. He may have some lined up once we can sign them, we just don't know. I don't think being on an early morning radio station will affect the club one way or another at present.

I think there's a little more to do than just signing players. I want a full-time manager and not a media whore. I want my manager to be busting his gut for the club. First in last out. Talking to players, agents, the local business community, scouts, schools, community programs etc. I want him to be setting the example that everyone else follows to drive the club forward.

I hope Brown is that man and not just a rent-a-quote who is on the radio every other day sounding like a bit of a Pratt.

I think there's a little more to do than just signing players. I want a full-time manager and not a media whore. I want my manager to be busting his gut for the club. First in last out. Talking to players, agents, the local business community, scouts, schools, community programs etc. I want him to be setting the example that everyone else follows to drive the club forward.

I hope Brown is that man and not just a rent-a-quote who is on the radio every other day sounding like a bit of a Pratt.
Top post sir

im of the opposite opinion the more hes in the media the better to bring southends profile up.

this well said

Back