• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown Is No Bully

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
http://beforeturningthegunonhimself.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/browns-bullying/

Ah, I just got my first angry comment! Always a proud moment. I wonder who he/she was... Either it's someone from here, someone from Facebook or someone from Twitter. That's a lot of someones. The hunt for Ali-short-for-Alison, Ali-homage to Mohammed Ali, Chemical Ali, or Ali who used to run the cafe in EastEnders begins here.

He/She is quite obviously wrong, mind.

All on the same website, just click the header to be taken to the front page. And feel free to re-tweet or forward anything you like....or hate, for that matter.

Cool. If you could put my blog on your "Blogroll" bit then I'd do the same :)

Totally agree here , think this is some little silly setup that appears to have gone a little wrong on whoever planned it .

Disagree osy, Andrew Rawnsley is a well respected journo, and also known for getting his stories & facts right. For the record nobody has suggested Brown has hit anybody, the nearest according to the various articles I've read is that he clenched his fist and struck the head rest in his car. I believe a lot of the temper tantrums and hurlin of mobile phones. Lord Mandelson of Fey says it's not true, therefore I'd wager it is.

Disagree osy, Andrew Rawnsley is a well respected journo, and also known for getting his stories & facts right. For the record nobody has suggested Brown has hit anybody, the nearest according to the various articles I've read is that he clenched his fist and struck the head rest in his car. I believe a lot of the temper tantrums and hurlin of mobile phones. Lord Mandelson of Fey says it's not true, therefore I'd wager it is.

My understanding is that the Mail on Sunday, who originally published the claims that Rawnsley would make more outlandish accusations, were briefed from within Number 10 based upon the fact checking calls made to staff. So it is that Number 10 have a set of claims, not necessarily made by Rawnsley at all, that they can plausibly deny and cast a veil of uncertainty over the whole topic in the process.

I guess we all draw the line as to what constitutes bullying at different points, but there are more than enough accounts of Brown allowing his inner circle to brief against and smear people both within and outside of his own party to raise questions about whether he's merely tough and ruthless, or something a little more sinister. Firmness of purpose is desirable in a leader, paranoia and insularity less so.

That he maybe dos'nt mean to say its not in certain peoples interest for a story to be told in certain ways .
The punching part was a musing as most people describe teh body guard as being shaken by it (Papers , this mornings)

Can't say I've read the original story (Rawnsley's rather than Slipper's) but the story I understood that was going to emerge was about Brown's temper and how he'd take it out on people when things go wrong even if it wasn't necessarily their fault.

I don't think anyone has an issue about people being balled out when they make a mistake, but when the person who made the mistake is the one doing the blaming that doesn't quite seem right to me.

If only soemone in the office had had the balls to give him a dig.

What is happening to this country that this is news?

A powerful man has temper tantrums and treats staff like crap. That would probably apply to thousands of bosses, I bet Alan Sugar is a lovely chap to work for for example.

As long as he isnt punching women in the face for not bringing him a biscuit who really cares.

As YB said, I take more offence that a Scotsman is running our country without being elected, thankfully he will rightly be voted out later this year.

Sadly we have to replace him with smarmy David Cameron who you know wouldnt have the balls to even contemplate bullying anyone.

Back