• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You want Brown, and by all accounts Brown wants you, ok I get that, but please don't keep coming on here telling us we won't be screwing your club. There has never been any intention to obtain anything that wasn't due to Southend United contractually. Ok, you have a dodgy Chairman, so do we. Where do we go from here?
Simple, you move on like we've had to do when Bruce Rioch buggered off to Arsenal and Sam Allardyce left for Newcastle. Better to lose your manager now, than to lose him at the beginning of the season. At least you'll have time to plan ahead with Powell. :Worthy:

I'm not being funny, but if you let Brown go and you don't receive any compo(or minimal compo) and you manage to hire say Powell, who is available and wouldn't cost a bean in compo and according to many posters on here, he'd be ideal to replace Brown, would that be such an issue?
Putting aside principles, let me ask you this- if you had an opportunity to sell something for £100, or give it away which would you prefer to do. Throw in you could do with the money , then throw in you are ****ed off at the situation and the offer of sell for nothing.

Ron is not stupid, if he thought that there was a reasonable chance of loosing brown he will have been at work already.

wasnt signing Brown a surprise to us all?

I fully support the need and rights for compensation if PB left, however it is a fine balancing act between that and team morale and cohesion, which clearly has been lacking since all this speculation has started.
This needs to be sorted as soon as possible. The season is nearly over and plans need to be started for next season. Players contracts need to be sorted out and new players approached.
There is enough problems with Bentley and Payne and I expect other players also hesitant about signing new ones. Who would if they dint know who the manager is likely to be.
If PB wants to leave then in honesty there is no real benefit in keeping a unhappy manager.
The results over the last few months have been poor as has the performances along with the support for PB amongst the supporters.
A compromise needs to be agreed and the sooner the better....

Simple, you move on like we've had to do when Bruce Rioch buggered off to Arsenal and Sam Allardyce left for Newcastle. Better to lose your manager now, than to lose him at the beginning of the season. At least you'll have time to plan ahead with Powell. :Worthy:

Come on Gaz, take the blinkers off.

It's just as simple for Bolton. Pay the due compensation now and move on. Better to get your manager now then just at the beginning of the season. At least then you'll have time to plan ahead with Brown.

Sound familiar?

It'll resolve itself when everyone agrees a compromise position... until then...

How on earth did you end up with someone like Anderson at the helm? His past business credentials make Ron look a saint by comparison.
Well, it was either Anderson or liquidation, what would you have chosen? We just have to trust the guy.

Come on Gaz, take the blinkers off.

Sound familiar?

It'll resolve itself when everyone agrees a compromise position... until then...
I agree it will be interesting to see how this pans out, I'm not underestimating your chairman, he has a heavy rep. I'm just curious how Ron V Anderson will resolve itself.

I agree it will be interesting to see how this pans out, I'm not underestimating your chairman, he has a heavy rep. I'm just curious how Ron V Anderson will resolve itself.

I like Ron, but then again i like Anderson. There's only one way to find out...................FIGHT!!!!!! :happy::happy:

Anyway, I've got to go, I'll be back on here tomorrow. I'm just scouting some potential signings for next season and Bentley, Coker, Leonard, Payne & Tyrone Barnett are on my wish list for PB. :tease:

I'm not being funny, but if you let Brown go and you don't receive any compo(or minimal compo) and you manage to hire say Powell, who is available and wouldn't cost a bean in compo and according to many posters on here, he'd be ideal to replace Brown, would that be such an issue?

We are not just losing a manager we are also losing a shareholder and that is the reason for your delay.

Anyway, I've got to go, I'll be back on here tomorrow. I'm just scouting some potential signings for next season and Bentley, Coker, Leonard, Payne & Tyrone Barnett are on my wish list for PB. :tease:

Yes. You would of course have to pay for 4 of those.

This saga had dragged on for months and to be honest is becoming ridiculous and to the detriment of all concerned.

Brown can always sweeten the deal by giving up his shares?

Not as simple as that sadly for PB. If you want him the compensation is just over £1m and at the moment you don't have that actual cash (well you didn't four weeks ago you may have now).

We'll throw in Weston, Hurst & Hunt for you, as well and we'll take Clough off your hands! :winking:

You're welcome to Barnett, he made a good start but has been woeful IMO in the last month or so. The others I'd be disappointed to lose though.

Whilst I can understand Ron wanting to hold on for the compensation it's clear Brown wants to go and he needs to look at the bigger picture. A new man coming in quickly could perhaps still persuade Payne to stay and would still have a say on which players are released. If PB stays around like a bad smell I can't help but think we'll be worse of next season :sad:.

You're welcome to Barnett, he made a good start but has been woeful IMO in the last month or so. The others I'd be disappointed to lose though.

Whilst I can understand Ron wanting to hold on for the compensation it's clear Brown wants to go and he needs to look at the bigger picture. A new man coming in quickly could perhaps still persuade Payne to stay and would still have a say on which players are released. If PB stays around like a bad smell I can't help but think we'll be worse of next season :sad:.

Ron refused to sell Moshni on the cheap and we got nothing, he refused to sell Bentley (probably the right call) and we will get less than we would but on this occasion Ron holds all the cards so don't expect him to drop his price.

Ron refused to sell Moshni on the cheap and we got nothing, he refused to sell Bentley (probably the right call) and we will get less than we would but on this occasion Ron holds all the cards so don't expect him to drop his price.

Yep, you're probably right sadly IMO.

Yep, you're probably right sadly IMO.

Had we taken a reasonable offer in mid/late Jan we may have been able to get a new manager to galvanise us for a play off push. Phil lost interest and the dressing room in my humble opinion two months ago and the results reflect that.

That said I don't blame Ron. How many times are we likely to have a potential million pound pay day on our hands?

What your execs need to understand is that there is a clear amount of compensation payable and if they think that will go way there clearly have not done their homework at all on a certain Mr. Ron Martin. I can't buy that they can't pay as whilst a large sum it probably equates to a months losses for you I am afraid.

I am sure Ron Martin has a plan B by now but PB will know verity well that if anyone needs sitting down with its whoever is making a complete Horlicks of this your end..

No doubt everything is not done to this standard- if it is then you need to learn from Portsmouth..

Not as simple as that sadly for PB. If you want him the compensation is just over £1m and at the moment you don't have that actual cash (well you didn't four weeks ago you may have now).
Lol, £1 million! You'd be lucky to get 100K out of us. Maybe you should just keep Brown? And see how that works out.

Back