• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
"I have earmarked two or three in my own head who could leave, there are a couple of obvious ones everyone can second guess I suppose but I'm not going to divulge them publicly. I want to keep things in house and keep this group tight. If I suddenly say who can go then all of a sudden I think you get a bad atmosphere and a bad environment but one or two will have to go out."

Not particularly subtle, Prosser, Hurst? Could be an interesting week and a half...

Is that a way of him telling other clubs he has a few players he wants rid of?

I don't read it as anything more,or less, than stating the obvious. Those players with contracts ticking down will know what the likelihood of a further deal is.

How do you keep the group tight, when they will all be gossiping about who's leaving ?

Prosser, Worrall and probably Hurst.

I believe you are right with those three and I also suspect that Timlin, Deegs and Atko will struggle to get a further contract extension.
All six (named players) have been good for the club ;and this season and upper Div1 is maybe a step too far for them; however all ought to be snapped up PDQ and get 2 year deals from a choice of aspiring Div2 teams.

I believe you are right with those three and I also suspect that Timlin, Deegs and Atko will struggle to get a further contract extension.
All six (named players) have been good for the club ;and this season and upper Div1 is maybe a step too far for them; however all ought to be snapped up PDQ and get 2 year deals from a choice of aspiring Div2 teams.

Personally I'd be GUTTED if Timlin left. Comfortably good enough for this level and should be in the starting X1.

Prosser, Worrall and probably Hurst.

Worrall, Timlin, Deegan and Atkinson all still have another 18 months on their current deal, and Tims has an option for another year.

Worrall I think it will come down to if he wants to go (which I suspect he does) then how desperate we are to cut the wage bill and get rid. I can't imagine us wanting to let him go to Bury, or elsewhere, for free unless we have to.

Prosser and Hurst aren't good enough and should be gone hopefully this month.

I can't see Atkinson going this month, too much of a Brown favourite and we don't really have a similar style player. Think Brown will probably be looking for an upgrade but won't get rid until he's got one. Still surprised that he got a two year deal, and Deegan as well.

Deegan adds something completely different to anyone else, and I think he's worth holding on to for now. Timlin is a great player when fit and available and I wouldn't want to see him go any time soon. As you say though, other than Worrall and possibly Timlin, I don't think any would find it easy to get another club in League 1.

I was under the assumption that Worrall had 18 months left as well but according to PB midweek, he only had 6. Deegan also has 6, with option of a further year.

Looks like Worrall will be the first leave. Reported Bury have had a bid turned down, however it seems likely that they will make an improved one. With the need to allow players to leave to balance the books and with the transfer window date getting closer it may be that we have to take a lower valuation than we wish.

Looks like Worrall will be the first leave. Reported Bury have had a bid turned down, however it seems likely that they will make an improved one. With the need to allow players to leave to balance the books and with the transfer window date getting closer it may be that we have to take a lower valuation than we wish.

They have certainly enquired, but they still have a winding up order from HMRC to satisfy. It makes you wonder how they could bid real money.

They have certainly enquired, but they still have a winding up order from HMRC to satisfy. It makes you wonder how they could bid real money.

They do nice pies so maybe we get 50 000 chicken balti pies; in installments obviously otherwise it would be a mad idea.

Wouldn't be the first, nor the last, club to offer money that they don't have. If his contract is up at the end of this season as Chris Phillips claims then I'm surprised if we are turning down any money.

They do nice pies so maybe we get 50 000 chicken balti pies; in installments obviously otherwise it would be a mad idea.
Do they do onions in their burgers?

So having told us all that Prosser's agent needs to pull his finger out, Brown is now saying he won't name those on their way out as it may be disruptive to team harmony?

So having told us all that Prosser's agent needs to pull his finger out, Brown is now saying he won't name those on their way out as it may be disruptive to team harmony?

Maybe Brown and Prosser should have a cosy chat and settle differences. Three CB's has worked well the last two games but if you get an injury or suspension, or AB cant do every game, then you need another CB in reserve and I don't really want White thrown in as a makeshift. Of course Brown may be bringing in a left footed CB to counter the problem but if not then Luke can still do a professional job for us.

Maybe Prosser can see light at the end of the tunnel with AB retiring and leaving the position to him.

Sorry im playing catch up here on this thread, where did you read or hear that statement from Phil?

Or is he just second guessing us as usual. As much as i like him as our boss, he does have a record of back tracking on previous statements.

Back