• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
According to Chris Phillips, more in tomorrow's Echo. Seems to confirm the rumours regarding events post Swindon.

Shame as has always been professional, committed and passionate, but I don't think he's good enough for this level unfortunately and will be better off getting first team football elsewhere.

Wonder if he regrets not forcing through a move to Northampton when they were interested in the summer.

Been a superb servant for the club and has always given 110% whenever called upon. Never moans and has been a blessing to have in and around the club but I guess his patience has understandably run out. I wish him all the luck possible and will Certainly be applauding him should he line up against the Blues one day.

Shouldn't have got a new contract. Average squad player in league 2 so I'm not sure what warranted a new deal.

Football's a ruthless business but feel sad about Luke Prosser. Sounds like a bit of scapegoating has gone on. Luke worked so hard to improve his game and seemed always professional in his attitude. The very best of luck to him.

Col u could probably do a lot worse than sign someone like him with the defence they have!

Would be a shame to see him go but was never going to be a starter at this level. Gave his all whenever called apon and would wish him the best of luck elsewhere, wonder if Northampton will still be interested. If Luke does leave, will we see Rea come back until the end of the season I wonder.

Football's a ruthless business but feel sad about Luke Prosser. Sounds like a bit of scapegoating has gone on. Luke worked so hard to improve his game and seemed always professional in his attitude. The very best of luck to him.

Nothing to do with scapegoating, he's just not good enough for League One.

It's a shame, but that's the way it goes.

Col u could probably do a lot worse than sign someone like him with the defence they have!

Did hear a rumour to this effect a few months back and that he'd turned them down.

Feel rather sorry for him as he was immense for us the last two seasons, remember all the head injuries and the bandaged head? We sat with him last sponsors' evening and I remember him being the only player to once turn up at a Trust bowling evening, when others "forgot". He's won several Player of the Month trophies and whenever I've had any dealings with him, he's been fantastic.

If he goes, he goes with my absolute best wishes.

I have no doubt that there will be a lot of interest if he is up for grabs. I doubt there will be a fee, and to be fair to Luke, there shouldn't be. If he goes in this window I will miss him for what he has done for the club and his attitude all the way through his time at the club.

Did hear a rumour to this effect a few months back and that he'd turned them down.

Feel rather sorry for him as he was immense for us the last two seasons, remember all the head injuries and the bandaged head? We sat with him last sponsors' evening and I remember him being the only player to once turn up at a Trust bowling evening, when others "forgot". He's won several Player of the Month trophies and whenever I've had any dealings with him, he's been fantastic.

If he goes, he goes with my absolute best wishes.
Couldn't agree more OBL , top bloke and servant all round , wish him well

Like many posters we would like to wish him every success going forward
Good servant, always professional when we have seen and met him
Although irelevent now, Browns spin is not what we heard from the dressing room last week.
Brown told him in front of the team he would not play for the club again.
Probably because he asked why didn't brown go 4-5-1. WE AGRE
Good luck Luke, unless you come back to play us at RH
UTB

Yes he has his limitations, but that is why he was playing for Southend United and not at a higher level. From my perspective, he is/was a player that always did his best and made a significant contribution to many games, in particular I recall, with head bandaged, him scoring the winner in injury time, think it was against York when we were 1-0 down and we won 2-1, his header was the last action in that match.

Good luck Luke.

Massive bust up during the 2 hour lock in, people didn't believe me when I mentioned it on the Hendre thread...... Prosser pulled on the shirt for the last time at Swindon

Well I am disappointed. Think he is a very useful player, well capable in this league, and for him to be the one that suffers because of the Swindon debacle is ridiculous.

A number on here seem to think that Prosser wasn't up to League 1 level. Would be interested to see how they regard Deegan then? Maybe if Luke had grown a beard and wore really short shorts these critics might have been raving about him in the same irrational way they do about a non descript midfielder.

Re above.

Deegan and prosser are similar. Both committed players who have played a part, but neither are league 1 standard.

Massive bust up during the 2 hour lock in, people didn't believe me when I mentioned it on the Hendre thread...... Prosser pulled on the shirt for the last time at Swindon
As has been asked many times, what was supposedly said? It seems totally out of character for him to have upset anyone based on everything we have seen/ heard about him since he has been here

A number on here seem to think that Prosser wasn't up to League 1 level. Would be interested to see how they regard Deegan then? Maybe if Luke had grown a beard and wore really short shorts these critics might have been raving about him in the same irrational way they do about a non descript midfielder.

An interesting comment, Deegan is the ultimate marmite boy. Assuming Luke leaves, then who will come in for the lions share of the SZ hairdryer treatment? I would think Atkinson, Deegan and Mooney, not necessarily in that order. Maybe we should have a SZ poll to see who most would like to beast the most?

Bust ups happen in every team between players, coaches and managers etc. None of you know what it was about or how far it goes back. But we have plenty of people who want to make unnecessary snide remarks about Prosser or continue their anti-Brown agenda.

For what its worth I watched Luke have some really good games for us. I agree with others I wish him luck and he will be welcome at RH if he ever comes back.....By most of us.

Back