• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Wigan supremo Dave Whelan is rumoured to be lining up Southend manager Phil Brown as a replacement for the sacked Owen Coyle. Whelan is quoted as saying "firstly I must apologise to the fans, I got a bit confused when appointing Coyle, I knew I wanted an ex Bolton man and I thought I was interviewing Phil Brown, it's easy to mistake a scottish accent for a geordie one. Turns out Phil was on an intensive tanning course at the time and my secretary , the dopey bint, saw the words "ex-Bolton" on Coyles application and booked him an interview by mistake. I can now see why he kept looking at me in a funny way every time I asked him questions like "so tell me Phil, have you ever bought a 6 pack of slazenger trainer socks from Sports Direct or are you a loyal JJB man ?

Whelan is rumoured to be negotiating a release clause in Brown's annual contract with tan soleil in Great Wakering, "wages are always tricky to negotiate and Phil has committed to a 12 month 3 times a day contract with tan soleil and whilst we are offering a great pay deal Phil is reluctant to keep paying his direct debit without getting the attached benefit which is understandable."

that's out of a sense of humour by the way.
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

No one has started the Brown to teaching assistant job that OBL has just resigned from. Why not? Have I missed a memo?

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Talking about managers, has anyone thought of this scenario. Torquay United sack Alan Knill this weekend and appoint a certain Paul Sturrock in time for their game on the 14th of December..............​

No one has started the Brown to teaching assistant job that OBL has just resigned from. Why not? Have I missed a memo?

That has to be the most ridiculous, even stupid comment ever put on SZ. Nobody and I mean nobody could fill the void vacated by the one and only OBL. :soapbox:

icon1.png

Talking about managers, has anyone thought of this scenario. Torquay United sack Alan Knill this weekend and appoint a certain Paul Sturrock in time for their game on the 14th of December..............​

There is a rumour that he will be sacked , but that the replacement is likely to be his Spanish half-Brother.
Yes , the new Manager of Torquay will be....................
wait for it......................
drum roll...................

Juan Knill !

There are a few vacancies around now. Just suppose PB did go who would be in the frame as a replacement?

Justin Edinburgh or Martin Allen (or has he got the Portsmouth job?).

Have had to go and get the nurse to put my special pads on after laughing so much at this thread!!

Wouldn't surprise me, as Mr Brown family's live up north near Wigan. If he get us promoted, he can have the pick of any North West club at Championship level.

Well he has a steady ,safe job at Southend, RM if one thing is very loyal,he dosent change managers too often ,especially when the manager is doing a good job as PB is. Face it he has change the way we play ,making it more attractive to the fans,got us into a respectable position, won over the changeroom and most importantly i think won over 95% of the fans , why would he leave for a club albeit in a higher division and with more fianances than SUFC, BUT AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE FOR A MANAGER.

Back