• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In my opinion I do not think the players have bottled it. I also dont buy into this rubbish that they are deliberately trying not to get promoted so they are not released in the summer. I think this is all down to key injuries and suspensions at a critical time. Three of our key players all season (Woody, Ranger and Anton) have been injured and/or carrying knocks over the last couple of games. With the likes of Leonard suspended and Coker out as well, thats the heartbeat of the team missing at the most crucial time. At the end of the day, the only reason we were able to sign these type of players is because they had baggage (injury problems, off the field problems etc) - now this coming back to bite us.

As for Brown, I neither love him or hate him. He is due some criticism for the current form....as are the players. However, the bottom line is that we will have improved our league position on last season. That carries on the year on year improvement under Brown. After the first few games of the season I know I would taken the scenario of still being in the mix on the last day.

In saying all of that it is hugely dissapointing the way in which the season has ended. Millwall's poor form has just prolonged the agony really...!

My personal views on matters is that ever since the Charlton game we have looked a shadow on ourselves. With niggling injuries taking their tole those that have stepped in have been very poor and those who were already in the squad haven't stepped up to be match winners.

I have noticed that we have seemed to be so much more long ball in the last few games and that's just not our game, we're no good at it. I think that's nerves if you ask me. I have found watching that type of football very frustrating as some of long balls are laughably poor.

I keep telling myself that I am just happy with us staying up for another year after such a poor start but now we're here and we should already have a play-off spot its hard to not get frustrated that it seems we are literally doing our best not to get one.

With regards to our poor start I personally completely blame Brown for that as our squad wasn't set up properly at the start of the season and signings came in late. Plus the formation of playing 1 up top for large parts of the start of season clearly didn't work and many things were going wrong. Brown has turned it around and I like the fact that Martin gives managers a decent chance but its a massive shame it took us so long to get going.

I don't think we'll get a play-off spot, I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see being that lucky for Millwall to lose again. Even if they do, I'm not convinced we'll beat Bury with our current performances.

The zones favourite myth always appears after a defeat.....First 9 games of the season Money and Cox played in 7 of them and Ranger and Cox played at Sheffield.

Obviously Ranger would have played more if he hadn't of had someone jump on his ankle at Sheffield.

Look at the league position compared to the estimated positions by poll pre-season... We are punching.

The zones favourite myth always appears after a defeat.....First 9 games of the season Money and Cox played in 7 of them and Ranger and Cox played at Sheffield.

Obviously Ranger would have played more if he hadn't of had someone jump on his ankle at Sheffield.

Don't you love it when people jump on one sentence and disregard everything else that you have said? Lazy, ignorant an un-educated if you ask me.

I don't have all the facts and figures available to me because in all honesty I haven't got the time but I remember us playing very poor formations at the beginning of the season and in my opinion that was what caused our bad start. Annoyingly my post wasn't really to do with that but some zoners love being ********s, hence why I don't post that much anymore.

People should think about trying to mug someone off when they post because it ruins it for some people and puts them off posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't you love it when people jump on one sentence and disregard everything else that you have said? Lazy, ignorant an un-educated if you ask me.

I don't have all the facts and figures available to me because in all honesty I haven't got the time but I remember us playing very poor formations at the beginning of the season and in my opinion that was what caused our bad start. Annoyingly my post wasn't really to do with that but some zoners love being ********s, hence why I don't post that much anymore.

People should think about trying to mug someone off when they post because it ruins it for some people and puts them off posting.

I agree 100% with everything you state.

Talking of being lazy ignorant an un-educated.

Perhaps you should think twice before you try and mug the rest of us off with your vague memories that suit your own agenda.

It's a shame but too many people on here are more keen on showing someone up than actually discussing sufc matters and it puts people off. That's why I mainly just read now and let the trolls get on with it.

Matty, I've been on the Zone for many many years now and we've always had people like this as you will no doubt remember. If these people annoying you then we have the ignore function. Unfortunately you may see their posts if they're quoted but it may make your time more enjoyable.

Disappointed as much as the next fan, but still holding out hope that we might squeak in. Forcing myself to put the whole season in context, still got to be satisfied, not happy. We've moved forward since last season and the season before. It's the raised expectations of being in for a "shout" of going up. Having our destiny in our own hands, then seeming to throw it away is what stings. I've enjoyed as much as any long term fan our times in the 2nd tier. However, if there is no major restructuring or major investment in the club, it would always be fleeting and things getting worse could also be a realistic senario.

I agree 100% with everything you state.

Ricey....can you explain why you appeared to have edited the above ?....that is exactly what I posted yet the bit at the bottom suggests I swore or used abuse which both are untrue.

Matty, I've been on the Zone for many many years now and we've always had people like this as you will no doubt remember. If these people annoying you then we have the ignore function. Unfortunately you may see their posts if they're quoted but it may make your time more enjoyable.

Really annoying when someone points out the truth.

In my opinion I do not think the players have bottled it. I also dont buy into this rubbish that they are deliberately trying not to get promoted so they are not released in the summer. I think this is all down to key injuries and suspensions at a critical time. Three of our key players all season (Woody, Ranger and Anton) have been injured and/or carrying knocks over the last couple of games. With the likes of Leonard suspended and Coker out as well, thats the heartbeat of the team missing at the most crucial time. At the end of the day, the only reason we were able to sign these type of players is because they had baggage (injury problems, off the field problems etc) - now this coming back to bite us.

As for Brown, I neither love him or hate him. He is due some criticism for the current form....as are the players. However, the bottom line is that we will have improved our league position on last season. That carries on the year on year improvement under Brown. After the first few games of the season I know I would taken the scenario of still being in the mix on the last day.

In saying all of that it is hugely dissapointing the way in which the season has ended. Millwall's poor form has just prolonged the agony really...!

Excellent post and pretty much sums it up.

We are a club, whether we like it or not, who will rely on having our best 15 or so players fit for the majority of the season.

We can't afford the wages to have a huge squad or even the best quality players, so it's a team effort.

Anxiety can make you panic in tight situations and our shooting recently and general calmness on the ball or in front of goal has started to elude us in key matches.

Often, at this stage of the season, it's about getting over the line. To use a cricketing term, knocking off 120 to win, can often be more difficult than posting 400+. I feel it's a bit like this, at the moment. Millwall are suffering, too.

Just take a look at the League 2 play-off places, if you want evidence of sides starting to choke at the final hurdle.

My personal views on matters is that ever since the Charlton game we have looked a shadow on ourselves. With niggling injuries taking their tole those that have stepped in have been very poor and those who were already in the squad haven't stepped up to be match winners.

I have noticed that we have seemed to be so much more long ball in the last few games and that's just not our game, we're no good at it. I think that's nerves if you ask me. I have found watching that type of football very frustrating as some of long balls are laughably poor.

I keep telling myself that I am just happy with us staying up for another year after such a poor start but now we're here and we should already have a play-off spot its hard to not get frustrated that it seems we are literally doing our best not to get one.

With regards to our poor start I personally completely blame Brown for that as our squad wasn't set up properly at the start of the season and signings came in late. Plus the formation of playing 1 up top for large parts of the start of season clearly didn't work and many things were going wrong. Brown has turned it around and I like the fact that Martin gives managers a decent chance but its a massive shame it took us so long to get going.

I don't think we'll get a play-off spot, I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see being that lucky for Millwall to lose again. Even if they do, I'm not convinced we'll beat Bury with our current performances.

I agree with most of this, but blaming PB for the start to the season, Isn't overly fair, in my view.

We were bedding in new players and settling on the best combinations, using them. We also had players who started poorly, themselves and we had to settle a new keeper in. All contributory factors to a stuttering start.

After a while, the likes of Sokolik, AB, Mooney and others needed to be replaced. Hence dipping in for Anton and getting Nile fit.

69 points from our season and a shout for the play-offs. I'd take that in July and definitely in September.

Ricey....can you explain why you appeared to have edited the above ?....that is exactly what I posted yet the bit at the bottom suggests I swore or used abuse which both are untrue.

Because he edited a post that you had quoted before he had edited it (for the reasons given).

In order to replicate his change in the quoted bit he had to edit your post, although just the bit you quoted, not what you posted.

Because he edited a post that you had quoted before he had edited it (for the reasons given).

In order to replicate his change in the quoted bit he had to edit your post, although just the bit you quoted, not what you posted.

Oh oh I see,thanks Mick,thought I was going mad.

Thanks Ricey. I have been a member for 11 years and only the last 2 years I have posted less and less because I can't be bothered with people such as Rigsby. Just a shame that fellow fans put you off posting.

Talking of being lazy ignorant an un-educated.

Perhaps you should think twice before you try and mug the rest of us off with your vague memories that suit your own agenda.

Who was I trying to mug off? Actually don't worry about responding to that because I won't be replying back. Got better things to do than argue with a keyboard warrior. Have fun trying to troll someone else.

Your dick like comments could be a one off, I can't be sure because I don't come on here very often anymore (I wonder why)???? Orrrrrrr, you could be a repeat offender who was bullied at school??? Who know's.

Who was I trying to mug off? Actually don't worry about responding to that because I won't be replying back. Got better things to do than argue with a keyboard warrior. Have fun trying to troll someone else.

Your dick like comments could be a one off, I can't be sure because I don't come on here very often anymore (I wonder why)???? Orrrrrrr, you could be a repeat offender who was bullied at school??? Who know's.

Don't worry your not the only one who repeats the myth of playing one up front. Shame you can't handle someone pointing it out and instead of discussing it you have a hissy fit and accuse them of trolling.

On the plus side at least Ricey was happy to remove some of your abuse towards me rather than deleting the whole post. That way you don't look as bad.

Back