• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Outrageous comments about the penalty situation. That’s really gonna make someone want to step up and take the next one isn’t it? Dick head

To be fair, I found that more tongue in cheek, "rather than an outrageous comment"

Brown: "We have a penalty policy now but he's gone and missed it so it's a great policy. Maybe I should take them myself or we shouldn't go down or penalties because we keep missing them."

To be fair, I found that more tongue in cheek, "rather than an outrageous comment"

Brown: "We have a penalty policy now but he's gone and missed it so it's a great policy. Maybe I should take them myself or we shouldn't go down or penalties because we keep missing them."

He’s publicy hung someone out to dry again. Never does anything behind the privacy of the changing rooms doors

And how do you know that exactly? are you in the changing room with them after the game?

I know that because I read. Countless times just this season post match interviews are lambasting players and I do know a little bit about the reception Brown has in the changing room. You just have to know the right people.

If I was a player and heard that (after a pretty decent performance) i'd lose all respect for him, and other squad members probably would aswell..that's how you lose the dressing room ! :cry:

I'm on the way home from MK so not heard the interview..

However, for the record, I personally am also a little peeved that we missed a penalty , that Macca ( like Charlton last season ) missed a guilt edge 1 on 1 which would have taken us in at 2-0 and also that we gave away a penalty when it seemed the Ref was just looking for an excuse to give them a penalty ( it was a penalty ... but we made it easy for him ).

I do think the team played well, for 65 mins of the game , but the points I've highlighted was a frustration , but at the end of the day, it's not my job on the line if we don't take these chances ..

And how do you know that exactly? are you in the changing room with them after the game?

brownhull-pa_3191134b.jpg

I made a posting on the "who to let go" thread last week and some have not agreed with my idea of letting many 1st team regular starters go.
However maybe PB is thinking the same way?
I agree that this group of players is the best talent pool we have had for a long long time, and also that they generally work hard BUT, BUT they are missing passion, a "killer" instinct, that edge to finish things, a big desire and craving for success: they seem TOO happy to accept a defeat or a draw.
I don't believe it is good management for PB to going public with his comments but I can not, in all honesty state I disagree with them.

He has finally lost the plot, he has run out of excuses.

He has been banished to the stands ample times, ended players SUFC careers by making them scapegoats, treated staff like dirt, slaughters players including youngsters, called the chairman’s bluff on signings, wh0red himself out to numerous jobs at other clubs.

He is the one who pays over the odds on injury prone has been names. He signed a left back to challenge Coker yet leaves him on the bench and plays a midfielder there. He is the one who extended Robinson’s contract despite never playing him. The man who has afforded Ranger a three and a half year mega deal. He picks the team, coaches the style of play and tactics, he is the man paid to motivate, inspire and manage the playing staff. He is the man who nicked one promotion in a pony league and done little else in his highly supported (finances, staff numbers, training camps abroad) tenure.

Stop blaming everyone and everything else

Brown out - two years too late

He has finally lost the plot, he has run out of excuses.

He has been banished to the stands ample times, ended players SUFC careers by making them scapegoats, treated staff like dirt, slaughters players including youngsters, called the chairman’s bluff on signings, wh0red himself out to numerous jobs at other clubs.

He is the one who pays over the odds on injury prone has been names. He signed a left back to challenge Coker yet leaves him on the bench and plays a midfielder there. He is the one who extended Robinson’s contract despite never playing him. The man who has afforded Ranger a three and a half year mega deal. He picks the team, coaches the style of play and tactics, he is the man paid to motivate, inspire and manage the playing staff. He is the man who nicked one promotion in a pony league and done little else in his highly supported (finances, staff numbers, training camps abroad) tenure.

Stop blaming everyone and everything else

Brown out - two years too late

Two years too late - so you would be happy still in League 2?

The Brown out folks are so funny. Predictable as they latch onto anything negative. Won't work. Browns doing ok. We're mid table and I'll take that at present. Browns the man.

Well, if he wants out maybe we can do a swap with the Socceroos. Australia qualify for the World Cup and the coach quits because he wants to coach overseas.

Well there's one solution, Brown to Australia, Postecoglou to Southend. :smile:

Back