• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He has finally lost the plot, he has run out of excuses.

He has been banished to the stands ample times, ended players SUFC careers by making them scapegoats, treated staff like dirt, slaughters players including youngsters, called the chairman’s bluff on signings, wh0red himself out to numerous jobs at other clubs.

He is the one who pays over the odds on injury prone has been names. He signed a left back to challenge Coker yet leaves him on the bench and plays a midfielder there. He is the one who extended Robinson’s contract despite never playing him. The man who has afforded Ranger a three and a half year mega deal. He picks the team, coaches the style of play and tactics, he is the man paid to motivate, inspire and manage the playing staff. He is the man who nicked one promotion in a pony league and done little else in his highly supported (finances, staff numbers, training camps abroad) tenure.

Stop blaming everyone and everything else

Brown out - two years too late
....absolutely spot on!

feels like he knows he's a dead man walking, or wants to be.
Think it’s a bit far to call him a dead man walking. We are Southend and we are mid table in league one having won 6, drawn 6 and lost 6. We know that Brown’s not the best man manager in the world and if we are still in this position in May with the signings that he has brought in then maybe Ron will review things a bit more closely. It’s poor from Brown that all the strikers he has brought in are either past it or not up to it and he definitely is culpable for this. It’s frustrating but I’m not really sure what we expect for a club of our size, it’s November and we are solid mid table. His comments are typically childish but we’ve heard it all before from Brown. The penalty situation is absolutely ridiculous. However, missing a penalty is hardly the managers fault!

Two years too late - so you would be happy still in League 2?

Make your mind up!!! You wanted to jump on my comments incorrectly implying we was in league two, now you’ve realised your mistake and are changing your argument. Take a step back and breathe next time please.

Personally despite obviously being over the moon at getting promoted, the campaign itself was full of dull, uninspiring matches and we stumbled across the line over two poor matches against an average Stevenage side and just scraped past Wycombe in a poor performance.

My opinion at time was that Brown nicked that promotion and in doing so he was kept in the job. Since then what’s really happened. No cup wins of note, the occasional batch of wins albeit usually dour 1-0’s and boring, tiresome excuses.

For me, I think he has been afforded a hell of a long time in today’s management lifespan, he is achieving nothing but low mid table mediocrity with a boring and negative substance to boot. No manager has been backed as much as him in our history with a huge staff, decent sized squads and huge wage bill. Don’t forget those pre season jolly’s to Spain each summer.

If he went two years ago when it went stale then we may be flying under a different manager armed with this budget.

Well, if he wants out maybe we can do a swap with the Socceroos. Australia qualify for the World Cup and the coach quits because he wants to coach overseas.

Well there's one solution, Brown to Australia, Postecoglou to Southend. :smile:

I'd take Postecoglou at Southend in a second. Brown = no to Australia.

Make your mind up!!! You wanted to jump on my comments incorrectly implying we was in league two, now you’ve realised your mistake and are changing your argument. Take a step back and breathe next time please.

Personally despite obviously being over the moon at getting promoted, the campaign itself was full of dull, uninspiring matches and we stumbled across the line over two poor matches against an average Stevenage side and just scraped past Wycombe in a poor performance.

My opinion at time was that Brown nicked that promotion and in doing so he was kept in the job. Since then what’s really happened. No cup wins of note, the occasional batch of wins albeit usually dour 1-0’s and boring, tiresome excuses.

For me, I think he has been afforded a hell of a long time in today’s management lifespan, he is achieving nothing but low mid table mediocrity with a boring and negative substance to boot. No manager has been backed as much as him in our history with a huge staff, decent sized squads and huge wage bill. Don’t forget those pre season jolly’s to Spain each summer.

If he went two years ago when it went stale then we may be flying under a different manager armed with this budget.

your response is as bizzare as PBs after match comments. i have not altered any arguments

As someone whose entire working life was centred on motivating and getting the best out of people, I am amazed by Mr Brown's long-standing catalogue of people-management gaffes. I could run a series of 'how not to do it' workshops on personnel management and motivation based entirely on his back catalogue, from his time at Hull City through to tonight's public utterances. I cannot comment authoritively on his qualities as a technical coach because I am a mere layman in that aspect of his work but I can state with confidence that his skills as a manager of people are significantly dubious.

Well, if he wants out maybe we can do a swap with the Socceroos. Australia qualify for the World Cup and the coach quits because he wants to coach overseas.

Well there's one solution, Brown to Australia, Postecoglou to Southend. :smile:
And i for one know he would be a very good coach for Southend also, his style would suit the players.Not sure PBs would suit Australias though.

I do believe this is just our second season in League one , therefore 2 years ago we would have been at this point in matches in League 2 our promotion season . mmmmmmmmmmmm wonder if he was sacked then whether we would have won promotion .

How do you work that out? :dizzy: Thump :headbang:

We finished 6th in Division One last season.

We finished 14th / 15th the season before (bury outcome) also in Division One.

I do believe 2 years ago to the day (2nd November 2015) We were sitting 10th in Division One.

Mmmmmmmmmm..... Or am I wrong?

Or the different manager wouldn't have been able to attract the players that Brown did and our hopes this season would rely on Mooney and his like as we slowly slipped back down into league 2.

That's the thing with life, no-one knows how an alternative decision would turn out, for example if brown hadn't got us promoted and we had appointed Harris would we be in the championship?

for what it's worth I think that Brown has taken us about as far as he can, but I also believe that we are about the right place in the pyramid that a club like ours right now should be. I also think that Brown's ambitions can't be matched by the club he's at which might explain his constant need to try something 'clever' to exceed the clubs level, most of the time it won't work. for every Leicester there's several coventrys / lutons / pompeys / leeds etc

I find it amazing that people are calling for Brown's head because of after match comments - seriously, this is beyond a joke.

I suppose after playing well, no-one has anything else to blame Brown for!!!!

PB may not be the best manager in the world, but guess what everyone, the best managers in the world are not going to come to Southend.

Besides if we got rid of PB now, who realistically are we going to attract - and none of this "there are plenty of good managers out there"; name them?

If you compare Ferdinand's comments with Brown's withering criticisms in their post match interviews, and I am assuming Ferdinand as captain speaks for the team, there is clearly a huge gulf between their assessments of the match. That being the case there is a bit of a problem, to put it mildly.

I find it amazing that people are calling for Brown's head because of after match comments - seriously, this is beyond a joke.

As I said elsewhere, the interview was typical Brown. He constantly says things that are complete nonsense. It must though, have an effect on the players to hear such guff and I doubt its a positive one.

I suppose after playing well, no-one has anything else to blame Brown for!!!!

I agree, it appears they played well. Played the way we know they can. So why can't they do it more often?

PB may not be the best manager in the world, but guess what everyone, the best managers in the world are not going to come to Southend.

But plenty of people would jump at the chance to manage us and they are not necessarily bad managers.

Besides if we got rid of PB now, who realistically are we going to attract - and none of this "there are plenty of good managers out there"; name them?

Naming any new manager, for any club, is a lottery. When Grayson got sacked at Sunderland, did you know it would be Chris Coleman?

What I find utterly boring is that regardless of the result, the Brown Out camp find whatever reason to slate him. Yes we know, you don't like him ( you know what, if I had a beer with him, I may not like him ) , BUT, even a win is changed and turned for people that actually take great enjoyment with a win, as to why.

I am not Brown In, nor am I Brown Out. What I am , is a SUFC supporter, that supports. I supported during the good spells under Webb, Fry and Tilson BUT more importantly, I also supported during Alvin, Wignall, Murphy, Newman, Bate times as well. I never looked for how I can turn things.

I bet the radio couldn't believe their luck to get the raw emotion of a manager, straight after a game, managers should take time. I would love to hear some of the Ego Centric PL managers if they got caught straight after a disappointing result, when the team did enough to win, whilst also wasted some absolute guilt edge chances. As ive said earlier, in the car home, I too was peeved, we absolutely should have won last night .. no doubt about it. PB must know he is under pressure and so the emotion got the better of him. The Brown Out ( sorry, I have to call you this, because this is what you are, it doesn't mean I don't understand why you feel this way, because I do ) people must be loving the public meltdown, but please can we sometimes just save it for defeats and not also allow the forum to be the same after whatever result we have

Back