• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Believe next season will be another transitional one, as assuming a new manager will be in place (?), it will take him a season to attempt to bring in the players he wants, and sort out his best eleven.
If a serious promotion challenge is to be achieved, don't think it will happen before 2017-2018 season.
By that time, hopefully there will be positive news re Fossetts Farm!.

whether or not Brown does leave then i wouldn't mind us trying to tighten up a bit at the back. we've improved going forward this season and aren't suffering the months of goalless draws but we are shipping too many and it is costing us.

i may regret that seeing as i've bought my first ever season ticket for next season but i'd always rather draw than lose and i think we aren't good enough defensively to go up this season

Ah we've lost and Brown's running his mouth saying lots of words without actually saying anything. Shock

Believe next season will be another transitional one, as assuming a new manager will be in place (?), it will take him a season to attempt to bring in the players he wants, and sort out his best eleven.
If a serious promotion challenge is to be achieved, don't think it will happen before 2017-2018 season.
By that time, hopefully there will be positive news re Fossetts Farm!.
Dreaming Get shot of brown and the others that are going with good riddance stinks of Barry fry

Dreaming Get shot of brown and the others that are going with good riddance stinks of Barry fry

I don't think it does stink do Barry Fry to be fair. Judas left us without having actually achieved much, whilst we were on the verge of something big, simply because he got greedy. Brown has done his time here, got us promoted, and has genuine history with Bolton. If he wants to go, fine. But he should make that call now rather than have a lingering goodbye.

To an extent I agree with most of rlb999 comments.

I am to an extent complaining about the 4-1 loss.. Dont get me wrong, every fan of every team they love is P****d off when their team loses, & obviously we are all no different, after all, we can hardly believe our team will go on a 20 year winning streak.. However what gets my goat up so to speak, is the manner that we lost today, as harsh as it sounds, I would be more proud if we lost 6-1 seeing our team running their hearts out and trying, rather than the heads down with a negative mentality and just give up on the 60th minute mark and lose 4-1.

Squad size, yes I also believe our team is about 2-3 players "top heavy"... We definatley need to bring in more in defence, but I cant understand why we have 12 midfielders? when Phil will only generally utilize 4-7 midfielders maximum in a game (including subs)... Granted Payne, mainly plays more of a forwards role recently these days, as apose to sitting in the hole behind a front two.

Loza.. Agreed, so far a bit of a let down
Kamara... "Jury is still out"..."hot and cold" good defensively at times, but the nerves show
McQueen.. showing promise and pretty much looks dangerous for most of the time he is on the pitch

As for Adam Barrett's contract extension... why not? we have no idea on the wage he is on? so why speculate. He might have taken a wage drop to continue for anouther 12 months or maybe on a promise with a contract role after the end of next season? who knows??
Besides, he is a SUFC legend and even if he warms the bench next season, being a previous captain (and a temp one this season), he is also a long term player as well as a local lad, what he brings to the squad is a true passion to win, and most importantly, so far this season he has been one of our best defenders, so why lose one of the (few) match winners / savers we currently have.

Anyway, what will be, will be.

Bring on Wednesday

UTB
:happy:

"In Phil We Trust"..... (FOR NOW)

Far too much finger pointing at individual players this season, resulting in some having now moved on. The root of the problem for me is that defence is constantly having to cope with a midfield without the steel of Timlin and Leonard and, as a result, being left exposed.

Timlin has had an awful season by his standards though

I bet Prosser and Bolger must have the biggest smiles tonight, especially Prosser who will be playing division one next season with a manager that wants him and believes in him, unlike PB, good luck Bolton players your going to need it.

Believes in him so much he sits on the bench :dim:

Believes in him so much he sits on the bench :dim:

Wrong! He was sat on the bench one of their defenders got injured a few games ago and he is now starting since. Even starting over Cresswell!

It makes me laugh when people get so worked up about managers comments after games when we lose. It's the same whoever has been manager. It's just comments to the media. You really shouldn't take it too serious.

I bet Prosser and Bolger must have the biggest smiles tonight, especially Prosser who will be playing division one next season with a manager that wants him and believes in him, unlike PB, good luck Bolton players your going to need it.

I'm sorry, but IMO Prosser wasn't good enough for League 1. I'm not surprised he's doing OK back in League 2, but let's see how he does next season

Bolger I agree with you though, he's better than people give him credit for

A thread of absolute nonsense! We gained promotion by the skin of our teeth last season, and have spent our first season back in league one flirting with the play-offs.

Brown deserves credit for never letting off even after one bad performance.

I would love for him to stay next season, and his signings have always been pretty good. We will be able to attract a better calibre next season, and that's certainly exciting!

Promotion this year was always going to be a big ask with the quality of Millwall, Walsall, Coventry, Sheffield United, Wigan and the alike.

Hopefully we don't take our foot of the gas between now and the end of the season. A top 10 finish would be commendable!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody well said! Well done Phil Brown.
Our manager was obviously seething with rage at such a poor performance and by the sound of it - attitude.
How on earth can any supporter be anything but pleased to read that the manager finds the performance unacceptable and is obviously extremely angry??

I get the impression that Brown has some difficulty in motivating players who are in a bit of a slump and really seems to have only one plan and that involves, what some may perceive , as public humiliation.
obviously the Hull team talk on the pitch springs to mind, but whenever we have been poor, the press certainly hear about his discontent and it does seem to focus on criticism as opposed to anything else.
But if he were better at getting players back up to their peak , as well as keeping them there, he wouldn't be managing at this level.

Bloody well said! Well done Phil Brown.
Our manager was obviously seething with rage at such a poor performance and by the sound of it - attitude.
How on earth can any supporter be anything but pleased to read that the manager finds the performance unacceptable and is obviously extremely angry??

Because 1) he shouldn't 'out' individuals and 2) half the problem yesterday was the way he set them up. Let's be clear - I think PB had done a great job for our club - I just think he's to vocal with the media on occasions.

Because 1) he shouldn't 'out' individuals and 2) half the problem yesterday was the way he set them up. Let's be clear - I think PB had done a great job for our club - I just think he's to vocal with the media on occasions.

Yes he should comment on individuals - if they let the rest of the team and club down. Why not?? Surely you are less likely to let everyone down if you know full well you will be "outed"?

Yes he should comment on individuals - if they let the rest of the team and club down. Why not?? Surely you are less likely to let everyone down if you know full well you will be "outed"?

Maybe you are. But for some reason all the best managers keep these things in the dressing room and keep a united front when talking to the media. If you're a fan of 'outing' maybe PB could do a team talk on the pitch or something?

I get the impression that Brown has some difficulty in motivating players who are in a bit of a slump and really seems to have only one plan and that involves, what some may perceive , as public humiliation.
obviously the Hull team talk on the pitch springs to mind, but whenever we have been poor, the press certainly hear about his discontent and it does seem to focus on criticism as opposed to anything else.
But if he were better at getting players back up to their peak , as well as keeping them there, he wouldn't be managing at this level.

Don't forget after the three heavy defeats after Christmas we had a 2hr lock in at Swindon. Which of course many on here said was totally the wrong way to go about it.

We went on a good run after that, which has at least kept up some play-off hopes until Easter.

Back