• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd quite happily see Brown walk away now, giving the new man time to properly take stock of the current squad, contractual situations, and gaps which need plugging.
My choice would be Danny Cowley, hands down. I'd rather see youthful enthusiasm and a fresh, positive approach to our football, than dated stereotypical lower league tactics every weekend.

Genuine question to those in the know who were telling us after Lennon left that Brown to Bolton was a definite done deal etc.

So now we are told he is staying until the end of the season at least.
What's changed ? Will he 'definitely' go to Bolton at the end of the season ?

Genuine question to those in the know who were telling us after Lennon left that Brown to Bolton was a definite done deal etc.

According to some in the know, yes, it's a done deal. According to my source that talks to him, he's saying he's staying as he's never broke a contract in his football career.

According to some in the know, yes, it's a done deal. According to my source that talks to him, he's saying he's staying as he's never broke a contract in his football career.

What a crock of ****! So you're telling me that if Barcelona came knocking he wouldn't break his contract! He has never broken a contract because no one has ever come knocking for him! This is probably the first time in his career a decent offer to move to a bigger club has come about. Also that thing about never breaking a contract was said on a radio interview, so hardly breaking news from your source there.

I have absolutely no ideas or insider info, but look at the signs:

• Bolton have appointed a temporary manager until the end of the season.
  • Our local media states that Phil is with the club at least until the end of the season.
  • Most of those 'in the know' on here seem to think that the deal is done, it's just the timing that is in the balance.
  • Bolton's local rag is still reckoning that Brown is going to be the man.
  • Our results since all the Bolton interest started have been less than impressive.
  • Our manager is openly critical of the side, individually and collectively.
  • The only rebuttal of Bolton's 'Interest' has been from Ron, and even that has been a little caveated.

If you were unbiased and from another area of the country other that Southend or Bolton, what conclusions would you reach?

Brown is 5/4 with the bookies to go to Bolton. It was 2/1 on a week ago. It's not a done deal according to them, and anyone that confident should go double their money

What a crock of ****! So you're telling me that if Barcelona came knocking he wouldn't break his contract! He has never broken a contract because no one has ever come knocking for him! This is probably the first time in his career a decent offer to move to a bigger club has come about. Also that thing about never breaking a contract was said on a radio interview, so hardly breaking news from your source there.

Apart from Sunderland offering him £600,000 a year earlier this season.

Supposedly there is some sort of release clause in his contract if a much bigger club came in for him and met the compensation requirement- as much as they should meet the criteria regrettably Bolton probably no longer do.

I am sure we won't have to wait until the end of the season if he is going- once we are definitely not going up, and given Bolton are realistically down, in a couple of games time it would suit both parties to get their new managers in, starting to look at the players and planning for next year. If he is still here end of April I suspect he plans to stay full stop.

Maybe you are. But for some reason all the best managers keep these things in the dressing room and keep a united front when talking to the media. If you're a fan of 'outing' maybe PB could do a team talk on the pitch or something?
This is a great Post. Totally agree

Calm down. I only said what he is saying, that he has never broken a contract. Of course that probably wouldn't last if a club like Barcelona came along. Also, I didn't know he said that on the radio. Just confirms what he is saying to those close to him at the club.

Calm down. I only said what he is saying, that he has never broken a contract. Of course that probably wouldn't last if a club like Barcelona came along. Also, I didn't know he said that on the radio. Just confirms what he is saying to those close to him at the club.
The guy is a joke, he jumps all over others throwing his super moderator powers around then posts in an aggressive manner himself, have long thought he's totally the wrong type to be a moderator.

The guy is a joke, he jumps all over others throwing his super moderator powers around then posts in an aggressive manner himself, have long thought he's totally the wrong type to be a moderator.

I've been a moderator for nearly 3 years and I cannot for the life of me think of any occasion when I have been 'throwing my super moderator powers around'. Yes I will admit I sometimes do post in an aggressive manner due to my passion for the club and other things I am passionate about. If we got rid of a moderator every time for posting in an 'aggressive manner' there would be none left as we are all prone to odd rant/outburst. And finally you don't know me! So how can you know I am the wrong type of person to be a moderator? I volunteer my own time whilst having a family of 3 children with a 4th on the way whilst also maintaining a demanding job within Her Majesty's Armed Forces. I do this for free and to help keep this great site running for users like yourself to enjoy a good old rant.

I've been a moderator for nearly 3 years and I cannot for the life of me think of any occasion when I have been 'throwing my super moderator powers around'. Yes I will admit I sometimes do post in an aggressive manner due to my passion for the club and other things I am passionate about. If we got rid of a moderator every time for posting in an 'aggressive manner' there would be none left as we are all prone to odd rant/outburst. And finally you don't know me! So how can you know I am the wrong type of person to be a moderator? I volunteer my own time whilst having a family of 3 children with a 4th on the way whilst also maintaining a demanding job within Her Majesty's Armed Forces. I do this for free and to help keep this great site running for users like yourself to enjoy a good old rant.

with respect well said. and that all you do on here and away from football. giving service to the country is something you, your family, supporters on here not to mention the people in the country at large can be proud of.

Another point we may wish to consider...a win against Sheff Utd puts us back into the mix again.....it would appear that no-one wants to make a breakaway in this League

You know what.....think I'd consider 600k pa as a reasonable salary to be a "number 2". :omg:......or should that be "an assistant" :winking:

It's good money and he probably did consider it. He would've snapped that up if he was out of work and struggling like before he took the job here. Which is why Steve McClaren took the assistant job at QPR and it helped him get the job at Derby. For Brown in his current situation is a backwards step, although at the moment he would be in the prem it wouldn't be in the position he wanted.

Another point we may wish to consider...a win against Sheff Utd puts us back into the mix again.....it would appear that no-one wants to make a breakaway in this League

Listen HB, I've just written war and peace on why I've given up on play-offs, and then you go and post this. Ease off on the positive vibes or you'll get me all misty eyed again.

You don't need to justify yourself, you do a good job here.

Back