• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Was this the turning point of the season just gone ?

I remember thinking at the time what a crass comment to make but it seemed to galvanise the squad into going on a fantastic run, growing in self-belief, which ultimately helped develop the mental strength to get us through the play-offs.

Just lucky or brilliant ?

Was this the turning point of the season just gone ?

I remember thinking at the time what a crass comment to make but it seemed to galvanise the squad into going on a fantastic run, growing in self-belief, which ultimately helped develop the mental strength to get us through the play-offs.

Just lucky or brilliant ?

Well he was right. We won seven out of eight and we still didn't make the automaticts

I said at the time of josè came out with this he would be a footballing genius.

I said at the time of josè came out with this he would be a footballing genius.

Just for us without an Iberian bent, what is "the time of jose"? Is it something like "happy hour"?

Not sure Phil Brown is a footballing genius. :'( Perhaps he keeps his light well hidden under a bushel ........

Takes the pressure of the squad which can only be a good thing. As others have said Mourinho has been doing this for years.

To be fair to Brown most of us probably thought the same thing at the time. Don't think anyone envisaged us winning the next 7 in a row.

I remember thinking at the time, that would this result be a real body blow. Would we fall away and do a "Wet Spam season finale" and drop down the league from a great position and blow all the hard work, so far.

Then PB did his interview and I thought he got it just right. Take the pressure off looking upwards in the table and concentrate on not blowing a play-off finish and still have a chance of going up.

I believe he knew what he was doing and I'm not the greatest fan of PB all the time. I think his tactical reading of games leaves a lot to be desired at times with the formations he choses to play, BUT on this one, I think he got it spot on. Man up realise automatics have "gone" and don't blow what we have.

That then bought the real character in the 14/15 squad out and the rest is history.

So well done PB, I'll give you that one 100%.

Back