• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
The signing of both Conor and Julian means 14 players have now either signed for the club, or agreed a new deal, during the close season

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...d-and-bennett-960904.aspx#0cuEqx7tTepwf8Hf.99

This is Brown's squad now so there can be no excuses.

I wonder where that leaves the following players who Brown hasn't signed or re-signed.

Smith
Chambers
Barker
Phillips
Straker
Laird
Hurst
Eastwood

Might Timlin be on the move as well?

It's one of the strangest squads I've seen assembled with six left-backs.

Barker was told he isn't in Brown's plans, but surely the rest will stay.

It's one of the strangest squads I've seen assembled with six left-backs.

We've got 6 players who CAN play left-back and not 6 players who ARE left-backs, completely different things.

Prosser can play there, but will most likely play in the middle.
White can play there, but will most likely play on the right.
Straker can play there, but will most likely play in midfield.
Barker can play there, but highly doubt he will play much at all if he is still here.

That leaves us with 2 players (Coker + Bennett) who will most likely be the only players to occupy that left back position.

Lets see how this lot start the season but got to admit this looks more promising than this time a week ago
That Clifford video has got right in the mood for saturday!

I think Bennett has been signed more as a CB, can't see Phillips or Prosser being ever present so in my mind, it's sensible to have inter-changeable CBs.

I think Brown sees more in Freddy than Sturrock did and I really hope he can tap into it and get the best out of him. I also think he's quite happy with Straker converting to LM, certainly he's been one of the better players during pre-season. Unlike when Sturrock came in, I can't really see that there are any players there that you'd say were the previous manager's - except Barker and maybe Timlin.

Back