• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In or out

• Total voters
That actually was Paul Sturrocks win, he stole the glory.

Let's not go down that road trying to stick PS on a pedestal.... Sturrock had nothing to do with the play off win and credit for that has to go to PB. Sturrock was no better than Brown and another I wouldn't want back at all.

Much better managers out there.

If the job was available there would be at least fifty interested men, there always is at every club vacancy. Mark Warburton would be great if we could afford him and if he was interested.

I never thought he was one of "Us"..He just fitted a bill of RM's picture. As usual RM promised him the earth with dreams of the new stadium etc...In fairness RM has backed him to the hilt these past few seasons with money for old timers. I have always felt he was Rm's Doppelganger..RM loves to see himself in the mirror.

We are facing the drop once more and whatever bollocks PB spins, talks about repeatedly or blames, the buck stops with him.

Time for a change and a manager who bleeds SUFC like we the fans do.

Trust you to find some 'spin' to blame Ron. Is the 'Zone now a 'fake news' site:thumbdown:

If he is still in charge next Saturday it will be a disgrace.

The players aren't completely blameless, but with the budget he has been afforded he has royally ****ed us and saddled us with a dad's army on big money and no ambition.

We need a strong footballing manager who will bring in faces that will steer us clear of the bottom and plan for a promotion **** next year.

Cannot allow Brown to spend a penny more and need to get someone else in ASAP to get a few of his own signings in before the transfer window closes.

I'm hoping Brown is sacked but can't see it happening yet, sadly.

I never thought he was one of "Us"..He just fitted a bill of RM's picture. As usual RM promised him the earth with dreams of the new stadium etc...In fairness RM has backed him to the hilt these past few seasons with money for old timers. I have always felt he was Rm's Doppelganger..RM loves to see himself in the mirror.

We are facing the drop once more and whatever bollocks PB spins, talks about repeatedly or blames, the buck stops with him.

Time for a change and a manager who bleeds SUFC like we the fans do.
I agree with you , Brown and Horton need sacking ,but God knows who going to work with Ron Martin .has Cowley brothers wont

Brown: "Pressure mounts the more you go without a win but if we go back to the way we played against Charlton then we’ll be OK."

Deluded.

I agree with you , Brown and Horton need sacking ,but God knows who going to work with Ron Martin .has Cowley brothers wont

Why is it Rons fault the Cowley brothers won't come here? You really think they would come to Southend!!

I said after the 3-0 loss at Bristol Rovers four weeks ago that Brown had to be replaced and the clown is still in charge! If Martin sticks with him the only direction we are heading in is down to League 2. A replacement manager has to been in place before next Saturday.

Given we are now hovering around the relegation "zone" I would imagine that RM is equally becoming agitated with the performances and the management as, he frequently goes on about the club playing in the championship and where the team should be.
I think that not only should Mr PB go but also his back room staff alongside.
I lost all faith in the man a few months back when he began to show his colours and I find the man rude who loves the sound of his own voice who only views that count are his own.
Hopefully, RM will have something lined up to replace him like the way PB replaced Paul Sturrock

If he is still in charge next Saturday it will be a disgrace.

The players aren't completely blameless, but with the budget he has been afforded he has royally ****ed us and saddled us with a dad's army on big money and no ambition.

We need a strong footballing manager who will bring in faces that will steer us clear of the bottom and plan for a promotion **** next year.
Some players have handed in transfer request I wounder who they are

Why is it Rons fault the Cowley brothers won't come here? You really think they would come to Southend!!

Of course they would. Family local and all rumours of them hating Southend are ridiculous. Lincoln are a good club but I'm sure Ron could tempt them provided we aren't in League Two by the time he gathers the courage to euthanise Mr Brown

Back