• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Brush reaction to Stevenage

He also mentions the rest of the squad to get 90 minutes at Harlow on Saturday - which makes a mockery of the "final friendly" headline on the OS!

Some people will say that it's the managements job to get the players motivated and 'up for it' before kick off. But hey-ho it was only a friendly so what the hell. (Awaiting comments)

3 new players in the back four 1 week before the season starts. That's ok then they might start to gel by November. Dunno who is at fault here but surely we should have a settled side by now

3 new players in the back four 1 week before the season starts. That's ok then they might start to gel by November. Dunno who is at fault here but surely we should have a settled side by now

Thats the million dollar question at the moment big Steveo. Who is to blame?

Tilly? Fail to believe that.

Ron? Money worries?

The squad? no passion?

I don't know, but i sure am worried :(

Thats the million dollar question at the moment big Steveo. Who is to blame?

Tilly? Fail to believe that.

Ron? Money worries?

The squad? no passion?

I don't know, but i sure am worried :(

I don't think it is a lack of passion; just a lack of quality in certain areas of the pitch. Add in to the mix that a lot of the players on the pitch tonight (Heath, White, Sheff wed guy, Revs, Sawyer and Walker) haven't played regular first team football for a long time and we are always going to be on the back foot.

I don't think it is a lack of passion; just a lack of quality in certain areas of the pitch. Add in to the mix that a lot of the players on the pitch tonight (Heath, White, Sheff wed guy, Revs, Sawyer and Walker) haven't played regular first team football for a long time and we are always going to be on the back foot.

But still as i've said elsewhere, The players mentioned are league 1/2 players and we've got a guy from Sheff Wed.

Surely capable of handling Conference standard players?

But still as i've said elsewhere, The players mentioned are league 1/2 players and we've got a guy from Sheff Wed.

Surely capable of handling Conference standard players?

Looking at that back four, are they League 1 standard? Gilbert hasn't played regular first team football for going on five years so it is very hard to judge how good he is. Heath doesn't appear to be well rated by any of the clubs that he has been at. Francis can sometimes look a Championship player; other times like a non-league player. And White can't get into a fellow League one side and, despite being Col U's answer to Barrett in terms of support, he doesn't appear to be that highly rated by their support.

As far as I can see, we have got a mish-mash of players, none of which are particularly great and together could be a liability.

If ron just came out and said there was no money, i think in a wierd way everyone would feel better, at least we know the situation.

But to be told things like warchest and waiting for people to panic is building a false wall of hope and expectation that is being dismantled bric by brick daily.

Just tell us the bloody truth Ron, even if it aint what some want to hear......

Defeats at Dagenham and Stevenage are hard to take for a club that Ron said he would make fly, even if it is pre season, Tilly will be gaging the players from these games and if he's not whats the point in trailists except to be a body?

Last edited:
Back