• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

brushy the other side

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
Ok, so i have read all of the posts declaring outrage at the Paul Brush dismissal, and the rose coloured spectacle brigade who would have been following him over the WWI trenches.

But
  • We have been in free fall for ages.
  • As far as I am aware Paul Brush was the defensive coach. how many clean sheets have we kept this season?
  • Tilson and he may of fell out.
  • The players may have lost confidence in him.
  • He may of been stirring up a hornets nest behind the scenes.
We may never know, but one thing I know is that something needed to be done, the playing side of the club needs change, our league position and form proves that.

Lets not forget that Tilly and Brush and others took over the team when we were struggling, change did us no harm then and it might not now.

UTB

How can you claim the otherside when you do not know the facts, and why start another thread of speculation?

Regarding Tilly and Brushy taking over a struggling side, that much is true but where that side suffering off the field as much as this one is?

My change would be try doing the basics, like paying the players on time. Do you think new signings worth taking on will be champing at the bit to join a team like ours, with such speculation on our finances. Agents are pretty ruthless when it comes to money especially their own.

How can you claim the otherside when you do not know the facts, and why start another thread of speculation?

Regarding Tilly and Brushy taking over a struggling side, that much is true but where that side suffering off the field as much as this one is?

My change would be try doing the basics, like paying the players on time. Do you think new signings worth taking on will be champing at the bit to join a team like ours, with such speculation on our finances. Agents are pretty ruthless when it comes to money especially their own.

I didn't even mention club finances, and Tilly and brush are not the only ones to take over when we were in the sh*t, and who rescued us.

The point of my post was that there are plenty on here who have jumped to conclusions and defended Paul Brush no matter what and without knowing the facts.
Speak of demonstrations on facebook and the like is no good for our club and won't help matters imo.

Somebody needed to put the other side.

You mean how the other thread garnered over 20 pages of idle speculation?

No I mean why start another thread of speculation, when we already have one. i would hope a new thread would contain some facts to give a reason to start a fresh, after all people in the other thread have given the otherside already.

Ok, so i have read all of the posts declaring outrage at the Paul Brush dismissal, and the rose coloured spectacle brigade who would have been following him over the WWI trenches.

But
  • As far as I am aware Paul Brush was the defensive coach. how many clean sheets have we kept this season?
We may never know, but one thing I know is that something needed to be done, the playing side of the club needs change, our league position and form proves that.

Lets not forget that Tilly and Brush and others took over the team when we were struggling, change did us no harm then and it might not now.

UTB
To be fair the 1st two points are not speculation

But

UTB

Mate, i remember you calling for change regarding Brushy half a season ago or more. It is true our defensive record has been shocking, there's no defending that!
Then again, when we were flying and we have flown very well at times during Brushy's tenure, the defence has looked unbeatable, admittedly not this season though.
I think it is all down to what staff they have been able to employ too, given the tight constraints they have to work within.
But right now, we certainly don't need an out of sorts Mvoto down the middle.

I am not sure I would have described our defense as unbeatable even when we went up. I am sure someone will have some stats to come and prove me wrong however.

I think the problem with this is that its a new thread about the same subject. There was other points of view on original thread, and see no reason to start another one unless there are new disclosers,imo.

Back