• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BSF Chaos

Unfortunately, the decision is unlikely to help:

"The judge set out, however, that 'the final decision on any project still rests with him (Michael Gove) and…. No one should gain false hope from this decision.'"

The waste of public money on the aborted BSF schemes is nothing short of criminal. My school's 19 million pound project was cancelled two months short of financial close. This followed around 18 months of fortnightly meetings, many with upwards of 10 consultants present. Two sets of architects plans were drawn up and discussed. We are in no financial state to do anything with those plans so all the work has been wasted. Around 700 schools were affected by the cancellations.
It is a bit galling when the coalition have already set aside £50 million for free schools.

I do free that Labour's model was too expensive and hadn't been thought through properly but there are lots of hidden costs behind cancellation, e.g. loss of jobs that increases benefit payments, potential legal challenges from Laing O'Rourke etc.

This followed around 18 months of fortnightly meetings, many with upwards of 10 consultants present. Two sets of architects plans were drawn up and discussed. We are in no financial state to do anything with those plans so all the work has been wasted. Around 700 schools were affected by the cancellations.

10 consultants - no wonder the project was £19m

It's a massive issue that so many buildings were put up in the 50's, 60's and 70's and not been that well maintained along the way. How many office blocks from that era still exist? I still stand by the fact it is very short sighted to stop BSF. Maybe look at how savings could be made, but so much outlay has already been invested.

ha ha i was one of them consultants before it all went tits up and now snowboarding in the alps! sweet!

Back