• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT New Member

In Level IV OD and BT20 and my word they're going to be a challenge. Beefed up the squad, and focussed on my trainees. Baisya's going to be a superstar.

ps what level do people train WKs up to?

No, I mean base Comp primary and base Mediocre Cons. Admittedly he would be halfway to Exceptional at the end of his 24th year, but still only a Wonderful Primary. By the time you get to 22/23 you are looking at close to 20 weeks for each Primary pop, whereas Secondary pops start at about 14/15 weeks and are around 10/11 weeks at age 22/23.

A week 1 base mediocre batting (ie 5.0) and base competent concentration (ie 6.0) would be wonderful (13.07)-exquisite (16.04) if trained on a single net until the end of his age 24 season, at least according to the data I work from.

My preferred training method though is to double net for the first two seasons. A starting base of 5.9 batting (a high mediocre) and 6.0 concentration would get to 8.63 batting by the end of their second year of nets. Single netting until the end of the age 24 season would then get them to 13.97 batting and 16.04 concentration. They may get an extra week or two of double netting at 19 or single netting at 25 whilst I source replacement trainees which allows me to take them up to exceptional.

@Napster my wicketkeepers are proficient (main team) and sensational (franchise).

If training an all-rounder, does a fielding net give the boost to both conc and cons and therefore become worth having?

Also have a debate with myself about double netting primary nets or single net to have a slowly improving but more balanced team. Two trainees I bought have already been surpassed by better finds...but single netting all four might be an option.

If training an all-rounder, does a fielding net give the boost to both conc and cons and therefore become worth having?

Also have a debate with myself about double netting primary nets or single net to have a slowly improving but more balanced team. Two trainees I bought have already been surpassed by better finds...but single netting all four might be an option.
Yes, Fielding along with Batting / Bowling halves the time of the Cons Pops (see the table earlier in the thread for the comparable rates), maybe do half and half, double net 2 and single net 4 along with 2 stamina nets to rotate

Yes, but at 17 the improvement isn't going to be much and it's more efficient to do it when they are a bit older otherwise it's like double-netting at 24 instead of 17.

For training an all-rounder I'd suggest double netting the bowling until 19 (or even 20) at which point you switch the second bowling net to fielding. You could even switch to an extra stamina at 19 and wait until they are 21 or 22 to give them a few seasons of fielding.

If you double net anyone, I'd suggest it's the all-rounder (which will be 3 nets with the batting as well).

Cheers both. I was always big on bowling in this game, hoping that hasn't changed as training 4 bowlers including all-rounder. Single netting all for now except the all-rounder who will get 2 bowling.

Franchise YP going on the market this morning

Christianus Overweg (5419923) shortcut
Christianus is a steady RH Batsman, and a destructive RH finger spin Bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For:BATTIER SHRIMPERS III
Nationality:Netherlands
Battrick Rating:4,533
Wages:£844 p/w
Preference:Favours Cracked Pitches
Trait:None
Stamina:mediocreWicket Keeping:worthless
Batting:worthlessConcentration:worthless
Bowling:respectableConsistency:mediocre
Fielding:worthless

Back